Meghan

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Meghan the bully

Post by The Subhuman »

Can you be insecure and controlling ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Can we change the title btw ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

Screenshot 2021-03-04 183835.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-04 183835.jpg (48.38 KiB) Viewed 1527 times
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:32 pm Can you be insecure and controlling ?
Whatever works for you.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

hector wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:39 pm Screenshot 2021-03-04 183835.jpg
LOL

While we are discussing people's character. In this day and age of not offending and bullying people why aren't the press hounding Prince Phillip for the "stuff" he has been attributed to saying over the last 70 years. "Oh that's just Phillip. Ha ha what a lad!".
Yet the mixed-race, successful, rich actress gets sh*t upon every chance by the media.
BTW, I'm not even particularly a fan of hers. Just think she is being unfairly treated.
Last edited by BobHirst on Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Fridge wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:29 pm Very well said.

Ironic how the caller repeatedly barks on about how she finds Meghan to be ‘insecure’ - she comes across as deeply insecure herself, to be so deeply bothered by the mere existence of Meghan Markle.

And the fact that she is so hounded for not ‘conforming’ is deeply condescending, especially considering that, before meeting Prince Harry, she was far more successful than any of us will ever be.
Interested what you mean by successful , popular in a celebrity sense, reasonably wealthy in business sense?
I personally wouldn't deem someone successful because they are on TV or have a decent business. I'd say I'm successful as I'm happy with life in general with no real worries or issues. Can the same be said for anyone in the public eye? People tend to court publicity but then complain when it isn't on their terms , really is a balancing act if that's the route you want to take.
What is a successful life?
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:49 pm Interested what you mean by successful , popular in a celebrity sense, reasonably wealthy in business sense?
I personally wouldn't deem someone successful because they are on TV or have a decent business. I'd say I'm successful as I'm happy with life in general with no real worries or issues. Can the same be said for anyone in the public eye? People tend to court publicity but then complain when it isn't on their terms , really is a balancing act if that's the route you want to take.
What is a successful life?
Successful in her working life. When someone talks about someone else "being successful" it is usually in the context of their chosen career.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BobHirst wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:48 pm LOL

While we are discussing people's character. In this day and age of not offending and bullying people why aren't the press hounding Prince Phillip for the "stuff" he has been attributed to saying over the last 70 years. "Oh that's just Phillip. Ha ha what a lad!".
Yet the mixed-race, successful, rich actress gets sh*t upon every chance by the media.
BTW, I'm not even particularly a fan of hers. Just think she is being unfairly treated.
Anybody with any common sense would agree with you ,...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Meghan

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:33 pm Can we change the title btw ...
There you go
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cheers
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Is it a cruel twist of fate thats left them living it up in california or what they wanted all along?As if Meghan ever wanted to live as a serving royal in the UK she wanted the privilege and the instant A list status that came with it but none of the trappings and thats exactly what they have got. Do as we say not as we do is the mantra they live by and when they get called out on their behaviour they deflect.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

BobHirst wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:51 pm Successful in her working life. When someone talks about someone else "being successful" it is usually in the context of their chosen career.
Ah she made a few bob ,suppose that means she is a success. More so than the rest of us, open to interpretation which I'm sure you know was the point I was making with regard to Fridge's post.
You'd think after all the years of people being treated in a derogatory manner by the press they would learn not to put themselves in that position, but people continue to do so. If you aren't thick skinned stay away. Yes harshly dealt with though in my opinion.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

I'm no supporter of modern monarchy, but for keeping with tradition I like the monarchy of old.

Today the mainstream media are acting like judge, jury and executioner and clearly have Meghan in their sights.

Andrew must be relieved that Megan is in the spotlight rather than his own connections to a very rich man, whose illegal liking of young girls is a huge embarrassment to the Windsor dynasty.

The rich and powerful are privileged to an extent that criminal law doesn't apply to them, or at least not until the story is allowed to leak out into the public domain through the media of the rich.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Sycophants caught out as Royal commentators slam interview without seeing it.

Royal commentators
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

Broad Ford wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:45 pm I'm no supporter of modern monarchy, but for keeping with tradition I like the monarchy of old.

Today the mainstream media are acting like judge, jury and executioner and clearly have Meghan in their sights.

Andrew must be relieved that Megan is in the spotlight rather than his own connections to a very rich man, whose illegal liking of young girls is a huge embarrassment to the Windsor dynasty.

The rich and powerful are privileged to an extent that criminal law doesn't apply to them, or at least not until the story is allowed to leak out into the public domain through the media of the rich.
Indeed, this I can't really fathom.

Being mixed race, American and divorced... and having a shitty family... all thing no fault of her own, seems to be worse than being close pals with a serial nonce and having many questions to answer about one's own conduct.

I don't really have a view on her, I find the way she looks at him when he occasionally makes woke statements to be a bit... weird, but otherwise she has made no impression on me at all.

She just isn't the typical royal wife. Certainly compared to the lovely Kate.

And of course, in modern life someone should have the right to live their life how they like, that privilege should be extended to Harry if he likes.

God only knows what will be said when eventually a royal decides to come out as gay, or wants to marry a Muslim.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:24 pm Sycophants caught out as Royal commentators slam interview without seeing it.

Royal commentators
The hatred for her is almost visceral. That is the definition of prejudice, condemning her not on the basis of what she said, but what they thought she may have said.

They should be bluntly challenged to assess whether they are prejudiced because of her ethnicity, or her nationality, or her class/non royal background. There has to be some reason for such hatred, it's irrational.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

gessa wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:52 pm Now Anthony's all grown, does baby David have to do the brew.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

Ron Swanson wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:27 pm God only knows what will be said when eventually a royal decides to come out as gay, or wants to marry a Muslim.
We had one of those.... Diana..

look how that ended...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:05 am
Big respect to anyone that can shut Piers Morgan up.

Bravo :clap: :clap: