Covid jab ..🤔

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Locked
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by 1964white »

Happy the majority of you have had your jabs :-D
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8788
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:15 am Europe generally has messed up with the vaccination program

We'd have still been waiting for our jabs if we were still in the EU

Some of us are fed up of being dictated by Brussels.

We are enjoying our freedom once again.

Only a matter of time before more countries pull out of the EU.
Yep
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by 1964white »

Even though the vaccine process is going well the City of scummy Hull has the highest infection rate in England, the hospitals have more covid patients than they had in the first wave of the disease, further down the east coast Loncolnshire have three of the highest rates too.

Full of rabble plus people from Poland, Lithuania, Latvia or Romania who don't give a damn!

'ull is only 25 miles from us, I wouldn't go anyway near the place right now, tbh the only times I've visited is when Leeds are playing there, thankfully no more :-D
User avatar
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4014
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Twitter: @richleeds64
Location: Leeds LS27

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Went down to ER today for my vaccination, felt strange going in the Pavillion and not having a quick pint...
i must say I was really impressed with the excellent set up and very swift service, a real production line going on.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by becchio bear »

Junior boss had his jab on Friday, the AZ one, spent all weekend in bed with a crippling headache and aching joints, my sister had her jab on Saturday and woke up in the night saying she was freezing cold, her husband said she was absolutely boiling hot, she too had a crippling headache all Sunday. I've got mine booked for Saturday, not looking forward to it... :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20755
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:17 pm Junior boss had his jab on Friday, the AZ one, spent all weekend in bed with a crippling headache and aching joints, my sister had her jab on Saturday and woke up in the night saying she was freezing cold, her husband said she was absolutely boiling hot, she too had a crippling headache all Sunday. I've got mine booked for Saturday, not looking forward to it... :bear:
A friend of mine told me that a nurse friend of hers told her that it was a good idea to get some paracetamols into you pre jab. So, I did, the evening before the evening of the jab I started them.....no symptoms apart from feeling a bit 'odd ' a couple of days later. I had the Pfizer.....
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:17 pm Junior boss had his jab on Friday, the AZ one, spent all weekend in bed with a crippling headache and aching joints, my sister had her jab on Saturday and woke up in the night saying she was freezing cold, her husband said she was absolutely boiling hot, she too had a crippling headache all Sunday. I've got mine booked for Saturday, not looking forward to it... :bear:
You'll be alright young lady :)

The Pfizer jab seems to be the one with a less severe reaction to the vaccine.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:17 pm Junior boss had his jab on Friday, the AZ one, spent all weekend in bed with a crippling headache and aching joints, my sister had her jab on Saturday and woke up in the night saying she was freezing cold, her husband said she was absolutely boiling hot, she too had a crippling headache all Sunday. I've got mine booked for Saturday, not looking forward to it... :bear:
You'll be alright young lady :)

The Pfizer jab seems to be the one with a less severe reaction to the vaccine.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14648
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:27 pm A friend of mine told me that a nurse friend of hers told her that it was a good idea to get some paracetamols into you pre jab. So, I did, the evening before the evening of the jab I started them.....no symptoms apart from feeling a bit 'odd ' a couple of days later. I had the Pfizer.....
You make it too easy.... :lol: :lol:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:29 pm You'll be alright young lady :)

The Pfizer jab seems to be the one with a less severe reaction to the vaccine.
Yeah but I won't know which one i'll be getting until I arrive for it! :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:42 pm Yeah but I won't know which one i'll be getting until I arrive for it! :bear:
Probably the astra if that is the one being administered in the Leeds area.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Ron Swanson »

My mother has had the Astra Zeneca... sore arm for a bit, nothing major.

A few work colleagues have said they felt horrendous.

I’ve not made my mind up whether to have it, if I am being honest.
User avatar
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4014
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Twitter: @richleeds64
Location: Leeds LS27

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by rich_leeds64 »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:42 pm Yeah but I won't know which one i'll be getting until I arrive for it! :bear:
I’ve had the Astra Zeneca today, I’ll let you know how I get on in the coming hours/ days
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79071
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by The Subhuman »

Sandi had the AZ but she was never likely to have issues, sore arm that's it ..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15044
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:29 pm You'll be alright young lady :)

The Pfizer jab seems to be the one with a less severe reaction to the vaccine.

Apparently AZ more of a reaction with first dose, less sto with the second.

Pfizer the other way round, more chance of a reaction with the second dose.
User avatar
Bally
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1705
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Bally »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:42 pm Yeah but I won't know which one i'll be getting until I arrive for it! :bear:
I had the Astra one Friday was a little apprehensive about the after effects but I've been fine hopefully you'll be the same :tup:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by 1964white »

Europe haven't got enough vaccines.
Now some countries are pulling the vaccine because of a few blood clot cases.
Italy halted jabs are now in a third wave of covid.

Thank god we got out of the EU, majority of us wouldn't have had our first jab yet if we stayed in.

Europe making a right mess of it, nothing unusual there!
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8788
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Chilli D »

I've got mine on the 24th. Most people around where I live who have had the vaccine have had the Pfizer one.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
VincentJames88
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:01 pm
Twitter: @IllsleyVincent

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by VincentJames88 »

I had the oxford one and the next day i was in bed with flu only lasted 24 hours though.
Metalguru69
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:39 am

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Metalguru69 »

Had the Astra jab at the docs, ok till the early hours and then felt terrible for 2 days but ok now.
Locked