Bielsa post match interview

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Tooting
Ballboy
Ballboy

Bielsa post match interview

Post by Tooting »

This is the happiest I have ever seen him post match, he was chuckling and grinning about the metaphysical contradictions between deserving to win a game that you should fairly have lost, he even looked at the camera!

I also love the way that he always backs officials, he has so much class, at least if he did complain people would take him seriously which is never the case for serial moaners.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Bielsa post match interview

Post by Cjay »

He definitely enjoyed that :)

Humble as usual but you can see how extremely proud he is.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:54 pm He definitely enjoyed that :)

Humble as usual but you can see how extremely proud he is.
Indeed. First time he's ever beaten Pep.

And I wouldn't trade him for Pep. Bielsa is amazing. An brilliant mind, gracious in victory and defeat. So proud he's our manager.
Last edited by John in Louisiana on Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:57 pm Indeed. First time he's ever beaten Pep.
It won't be the last
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:57 pm Indeed. First time he's ever beaten Pep.

And I wouldn't trade him for Pep. Bielsa is amazing. An brilliant mind, gracious in victory and defeat. So proud he's our manager.
He is awesome, doesnt always get it right but what a man!!!

Tbf Pep is always very kind about us and Bielsa, at least you know Pep will give MB his credit.
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

He deserves that, and all the plaudits that will come his way.

He has to be in the running for manager of the season awards.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Mountain wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:05 pm

He has to be in the running for manager of the season awards.
Dean Smith has that sewn up with his syncronised diving squad
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:03 pm He is awesome, doesnt always get it right but what a man!!!
Today I couldn't believe the subs. Not the playrs coming on due to the situation but in taking Bamford and Roberts off he left us with no target to knock the ball to to give the defence a breather and as such simply invited non stop pressure with City's centrebacks being able to come up field (if a striker was still on you'd have fancied City would have had to keep 2 back). Shows what us armchair managers know as we had 3 great breaks and were more dangerous because we were able to go wide.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:30 pm Today I couldn't believe the subs. Not the playrs coming on due to the situation but in taking Bamford and Roberts off he left us with no target to knock the ball to to give the defence a breather and as such simply invited non stop pressure with City's centrebacks being able to come up field (if a striker was still on you'd have fancied City would have had to keep 2 back). Shows what us armchair managers know as we had 3 great breaks and were more dangerous because we were able to go wide.
:tup:

I quit trying to second guess MB last year....leave it to the expert
Tooting
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tooting »

In the post match press conference it was also funny when Phil Hay asked how often the team had practiced back to the wall defending, to which Bielsa started laughing as he said "never" as it was never the plan for a player to get a red card.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Tooting wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:54 pm In the post match press conference it was also funny when Phil Hay asked how often the team had practiced back to the wall defending, to which Bielsa started laughing as he said "never" as it was never the plan for a player to get a red card.
Great to see Bielsa really enjoying himself. Must have been so hard for him the last two seasons as it was such a high pressure situation with any defeat seeming like a disaster.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:30 pm Today I couldn't believe the subs. Not the playrs coming on due to the situation but in taking Bamford and Roberts off he left us with no target to knock the ball to to give the defence a breather and as such simply invited non stop pressure with City's centrebacks being able to come up field (if a striker was still on you'd have fancied City would have had to keep 2 back). Shows what us armchair managers know as we had 3 great breaks and were more dangerous because we were able to go wide.
Today MB just highlighted that his true loves are his wide players, even when we were down to ten men he stuck with them and three combined for the winner.

Alis pass with the outside of the boot, spinning the ball into Dallas should make it into next years training manuals. Sublime.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:28 pm Today MB just highlighted that his true loves are his wide players, even when we were down to ten men he stuck with them and three combined for the winner.

Alis pass with the outside of the boot, spinning the ball into Dallas should make it into next years training manuals. Sublime.
I for one hopes it secures him a contract for next year....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Agreed mate it seemed a very odd choice, but it worked and in hindsight was perfect.

Suppose thats why MB gets paid the big bucks and we are on this forum :)
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

My big regret is not applying for the Manager job when Cellino was in charge. I had a better CV than Hockaday!