Fernandinho tackle

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Fernandinho tackle

Post by Cjay »

Thats an assault :tdown:

I may be in the minority, i can fully see why Cooper was sent off, it was a proper League 2 take man and ball tackle but you cant do that anymore.

But this from Fernandinho was every bit as bad?

Look at the force used look at the fall it caused.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Fernandinho tackle

Post by danhirons »

While I don't think coopers was a red, that's a challenge from fernandinho is not the same type of challenge. Might bruise raph but never going to seriously hurt/injure him.

Coopers red was soft, let's not push for other soft reds although there is obviously a distinct lack of consistency in the refereeing
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

A lot worse, Coops was 50/50 and he got the ball.

Can someone please explain what Cooper should have done there, casually let him past? Don't raise the foot to the ball so he breaks his (the attacker) ankle instead? Lets not forget Coop was committed to the tackle if the player doesn't get the feintest then the attacker is the player committing the foul and there's about 0.1 seconds between the two..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Leeds should complain about that assault on Raphinha.

It gets worse every time I see it.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cooper went for the ball, you show the image before he gets to the ball and both players are going in with feet in the same position. Agreed it doesn't look good when played in slow motion ten times but I didn't feel like there was an 'obvious' error to overturn.

Fernandinho however has no intention of going for the ball, clean takes him out.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:57 pm Cooper went for the ball, you show the image before he gets to the ball and both players are going in with feet in the same position. Agreed it doesn't look good when played in slow motion ten times but I didn't feel like there was an 'obvious' error to overturn.

Fernandinho however has no intention of going for the ball, clean takes him out.
Horrendous challenge :x
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Raphinha was lucky to stay on the pitch, diving like that.....

I thought Fernandho was last man? straight red if so
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:56 pm Leeds should complain about that assault on Raphinha.

It gets worse every time I see it.
Should be looked at retrospectively, but probably won't/can't be because of the ridiculous VAR
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:22 pm Should be looked at retrospectively, but probably won't/can't be because of the ridiculous VAR
I bet if Phillips had done it, it would be or am I wrong for thinking theirs a pecking order in decisions these days?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

It cant be looked at restrospectively because it was dealt with at the time.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

In the interest of fairness Liam Cooper before he got sent off dragged Stones to the ground and they should have had a penalty.

Never understand why he pulls the shirt like he does.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Not to mention the two stamps from Sterling, which we didn't get a free kick for either! If Cooper is sent off for follow through, why wasn't Sterling on Raphinha?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:34 am In the interest of fairness Liam Cooper before he got sent off dragged Stones to the ground and they should have had a penalty.

Never understand why he pulls the shirt like he does.
There wasn't enough force for him to go down.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:37 am There wasn't enough force for him to go down.
Maybe not but it was a pretty hefty pull, certainly enough to be given imo.

We know he does it anyway, how he gets away with it is a miracle.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:36 am Not to mention the two stamps from Sterling, which we didn't get a free kick for either! If Cooper is sent off for follow through, why wasn't Sterling on Raphinha?
Only just seen the stamp on Raph on MOTD.

its pretty nasty from Sterling, accidental? You would hope so.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

MOTD didn't even show the foul! If it had been Kalvin, there would have been multiple angles of it. :roll:
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:36 am Not to mention the two stamps from Sterling, which we didn't get a free kick for either! If Cooper is sent off for follow through, why wasn't Sterling on Raphinha?
Been discussing these on WhatsApp this morning on MOTD commentator says the stamp on Raphs ankle was accidental by Sterling Oh that’s ok then :evil: in the second half commentator: It hurst been a keeper sometimes just after Spiderboy made a save then gathers the ball, seconds later Sterling stands on his wrist :evil: Ian Wright afterwards brings both these up and said Sterling should have got a red for the first one

At the time I was fuming at Coops getting sent off but having seen it about 20 times in slow mo it wasn’t a great tackle but then again if it had been the other way round Raph would have had to have his leg ripped off for the opposition to get a yellow
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Shocking. Just like the one on Roberts last week. What doesn't break us and all that.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I think we're being pretty biased on this point to be honest - if it was the other way round I'm sure everyone would be saying the opposite...

Don't think coops tackle was a red but I understand why most people are saying it was a red because there was a risk of him breaking/serious damaging the player's leg with the follow through.

Fernandinho's tackle is a bruiser but never going to seriously injure someone/fernandinho isn't out of control. It's a horrible cynical challenge but not dangerous - it's a yellow

think sterling's stamps should have been fouls though and at least one of them a yellow

they did show all of the above on motd, at least in the discussion of the game afterwards

anyway, whatever happened only seemed to make us stronger!
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

danhirons wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:44 pm I think we're being pretty biased on this point to be honest - if it was the other way round I'm sure everyone would be saying the opposite...

Don't think coops tackle was a red but I understand why most people are saying it was a red because there was a risk of him breaking/serious damaging the player's leg with the follow through.

Fernandinho's tackle is a bruiser but never going to seriously injure someone/fernandinho isn't out of control. It's a horrible cynical challenge but not dangerous - it's a yellow

think sterling's stamps should have been fouls though and at least one of them a yellow

they did show all of the above on motd, at least in the discussion of the game afterwards

anyway, whatever happened only seemed to make us stronger!
Cooper's tackle to me should have been a yellow at most.

Sterling's stamps should have been a yellow for each culminating in a red card. Not at least one of them a yellow, which one do you think was just the yellow then dan?

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.