Finally put to rest...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Finally put to rest...

Post by Smudge3920 »

Today after many disputes amongst members of this excellent forum, it was proved that Bielsa had it right all season...The fact our defensive corps has been depleted due to injuries all season, he has always played to the strengths of the squad available, all out run and gun, yes it cost us quite a few goals... But today was a masterclass by the finest tactical mind in the league... Having all the defensive corps available (Finally), MB had no qualms at all accepting we were down to 10 men and defense was the key, AS WE HAD THE PLAYERS ON THE BENCH TO CHANGE taking off our two strikers, at one point we were playing 5-4, and yet as much as we were defending against the biggest powerhouse team in Europe... You cannot say it was park the bus... The minute Meslier had the ball the boys were looking for an immediate break out, two break outs stopped by very dubious tackles by the Citeh crew.

I am so glad that performance was against the strongest team in Europe... the boys were tested to the limit, and came through to a man to play 51 minutes with 10 men, and come away winners at Citeh is the thing of folklore...and for me will finally put to rest that Bielsa does not have a plan B.
Could not be prouder of the teamthan I am right now, footballing heroes to a man...MOT
Last edited by Smudge3920 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Finally put to rest...

Post by weasel »

Also worth noting, if it hasn't been already elsewhere, we are now mathematically safe from relegation as even if Fulham won all 6 of their remaining games they couldn't overtake us.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Amen Hear Hear This Agreed and all things similar
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

... but WBA could, if we lost our next 8 games and they won their last 8 with 5-0 wins.

Unlikely in the extreme, but nevertheless!!!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Norm wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:13 am ... but WBA could, if we lost our next 8 games and they won their last 8 with 5-0 wins.

Unlikely in the extreme, but nevertheless!!!
But we'd still need another team to overtake us if WBA somehow did. Newcastle, Brighton or Burnley aren't getting 45 points.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We should really be looking forward not at the relegation places!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:16 am We should really be looking forward not at the relegation places!
7 points off the top 4 :shhh:

No reason why we can't overtake Everton or Spurs tbh. Neither are that great.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

With Bielsa we're great - lets hope he stays awhile
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Beggars belief... cannot believe talk of relegation... :evil: ...
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I was just responding to a hypothetical comment, not thinking we could go down.
You have to cater for all views.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:16 am We should really be looking forward not at the relegation places!
Indeed but always good that there is no mathematical (bar WBA winning 8 and us losing all of ours) chance of us going down. Sort of like securing an automatic promotion place but still wanting to try and win the title we can now simply focus on trying to finish as high as possible without any pressure
hector

Post by hector »

Smudge old bean...

Can I ask you........... when you start a new topic, to please not click the football icon at the top..... this is the icon used for match day threads only...

Ta muchly

:mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:51 am Indeed but always good that there is no mathematical (bar WBA winning 8 and us losing all of ours) chance of us going down. Sort of like securing an automatic promotion place but still wanting to try and win the title we can now simply focus on trying to finish as high as possible without any pressure
Absolutely :)
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:06 am Smudge old bean...

Can I ask you........... when you start a new topic, to please not click the football icon at the top..... this is the icon used for match day threads only...

Ta muchly

No worries, now I know t'wont 'appen agin 'ol chap

hector

Post by hector »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:13 am No worries, now I know t'wont 'appen agin 'ol chap

Cheers ears.....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

Also finally put to rest (I hope) the fact that all our players ARE premier league standard! You don’t win games like that with passengers.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I think I'm allergic to the phrase "not Premier League standard". I think it's just another way of saying "yes I know he plays regularly in the Premier League with a team that are doing very well in the Premier League and for a Premier League manager who is a genius and sees him every day and rates him highly enough to play him against Premier League teams...but I just don't like him"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

So we're clear of relegation now ?

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:51 am Indeed but always good that there is no mathematical (bar WBA winning 8 and us losing all of ours) chance of us going down. Sort of like securing an automatic promotion place but still wanting to try and win the title we can now simply focus on trying to finish as high as possible without any pressure
Higher positions in the PL are worth millions apparently, so hoping we achieve even higher.

Over the moon to be in the top ten again :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Aussieleeds wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:01 am Also finally put to rest (I hope) the fact that all our players ARE premier league standard! You don’t win games like that with passengers.
Thank you, nothing pisses me off more than the oft repeated lie that this is a team of Championship players, and we need better. This is a team of players that played in the Championship for us but they're absolutely premier class each and everyone of them

Cracking post
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"