Workhorses...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Workhorses...

Post by Smudge3920 »

Even though we played 45 minutes with only 10 men... Citeh still only out ran the boys by 200 metres...outstanding...
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Workhorses...

Post by Ron Swanson »

Double murderball this week
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Interesting to see that Klich covered the most ground on 11 occasions, more than any other player.
No surprise he 'hit the wall' a couple of months ago after two and a half seasons of almost constant football.
I'm confident he will be back to his best next season.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Those stats are just mad and I agree no wonder Klich needed a break wow!
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Agree, Chilli. Folks were hard on Klich, here and elsewehere, but that level of physical exertion, coupled with a niggley hip injury and a dose of Covid, was always going to take its toll. May struggle to displace Dallas, given how well he has now settled into the role, but MK has not suddenly become a bad player.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

With Klich as well it wasn't just playing every match for us but also for Poland too. With not having a proper summer break it was bound to catch up to him at some point, especially if you throw in little knocks and niggles. I'm sure he will be back to his best next season.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

He ran out of gas a bit last season, I think there is a limit to how far his legs will carry him, especially when he is the one doing the majority of the sprinting back and forward.

I'd be interested to see how he'd play with Dallas and Phillips in a midfield trio.

He is at his best when he has the opportunity to drift between the opposition midfield and defence, which has been denied to him a lot this season, with the way we've played with Rodrigo or Roberts behind Bamford.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I love MK ...still my favourite player and the biggest reason we got off to the start we did, which eased a lot of pressure and worries. His performance v Liverpool one of the top 3 single performances this season
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Honestly with the lads confidence at its highest point yet this season ...I can feel at least 14 points out of the last 18...and 18 is not unrealistic... :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Very possible if Raphinha returns soon & Llorente remains fit
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:
I love MK ...still my favourite player and the biggest reason we got off to the start we did, which eased a lot of pressure and worries. His performance v Liverpool one of the top 3 single performances this season
I agreed with you 3/4 years ago when he wasn't being used by TC and he's proved to be one of the classiest intelligent players we've had.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:20 am Honestly with the lads confidence at its highest point yet this season ...I can feel at least 14 points out of the last 18...and 18 is not unrealistic... :)
Imagine finishing with 60-64 points? We'd have never dreamed of that at the beginning of the season. Just need Rapha back, and hopefully Llorente isn't crocked from Salah's stamp on him.