The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 16th April) Bielsa denies he is close to signing new deal

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 16th April) Bielsa denies he is close to signing new deal

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 16th April, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Bielsa denies he is close to signing new deal

Following victory against Manchester City last weekend leading Argentine daily newspaper La Nación reported that Bielsa and the club had been in discussions and were close to signing a two year deal. But Bielsa has now denied that he is close to signing a new deal at the club, let alone a two year stay. Rumours have been rife since Argentinian daily newspaper La Nacion claimed that the 65 year old had agreed to put pen to paper and commit for a further twenty four months. Unfortunately, however much we want these claims to be true, they were soon dashed by Leeds journalist Phil Hay. The Athletic writer, took to his twitter account to extinguish any hopes that Bielsa was ready to pledge his future to West Yorkshire's finest. Relaying what Bielsa had said in his press conference, Hay wrote...

That information is not real. I ignore the origin. If there was any information to give, then I would give it.

That isn't to say Bielsa will not sign a new deal though, he still seems very commited to the Leeds United 'project'. In Leeds Bielsa has found a club that supports him, a group of players who respect and understand him and fans who have learned to love him. Bielsa has now been at the helm for over 130 Leeds United games, his other longest spells being 113 games at Athletic Bilbao and 97 games at his boyhood club Newell's Old Boys. It looks like we will just have to wait, as we do every season, for Bielsa to put pen to paper on a new deal. For Bielsa there is still the more important matter of finishing the season, starting with Liverpool on Monday.

Have next seasons kits been leaked online

Pictures of Leeds kit for next season have apparently been leaked on social media over recent days with the usually reliable Footy Headlines revealing images of the three new kits for the 2021/2022 season. They were spot on with their leaks last summer!

For the home shirt Adidas have chosen minor changes. The shirt is predominantly all white but this time features yellow trim, ​as opposed to this season's blue Adidas stripes adorning the shoulders. ​The away kit appears to be similar to Arsenals current third kit, a modern color scheme combining a navy base with striking electricity yellow applications. Leeds third shirt for next term is predominantly mauve with dark blue / navy for logos and applications.

The change shirts are certainly not 'traditional' Leeds colours, but neither is this seasons third kit which is already becoming somewhat of a cult classic. With a fashion emphasis on the away and third kits, targeting neutrals and collectors all ove the globe as well as the core Leeds fan base it's unlikely we will often see the traditional blue and yellow kits many Leeds fans crave. What do you think of the new designs, will you be buying one of these kits?

Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 16th April) Bielsa denies he is close to signing new deal

Post by Ron Swanson »

Bielsa will stay, but it’ll be a further 12 months followed by another review.

He seems to have a good relationship with the club, and doesn’t seem to be one of those that wants a five year deal in anticipation of a pay off.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 16th April) Bielsa denies he is close to signing new deal

Post by Sara »

Really love the lilac colour, and had decided to get it until I saw the collar. How often are shirts ruined by one detail!
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

It would be great to be confident of another 2 years of Bielsa magic but I suspect, if he does sign and I passionately hope he does, that it will be another 12 monther.

Dark blue and lilac eh 🤔! So long as the home colour stays all white I’m not that fussed although I would love an all yellow away kit especially with a slightly different shade of yellow between shirt and shorts just like in the good old days 😉!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Bielsa is his own man, so you either accept he will do things his way or he'll head off into the sunset.

If he's happy just signing one year deals then that's how it'll be until he decides to leave. He's proved that he can achieve great things with Leeds so let's hope he sticks with us for many years.

I get the impression that he's emotionally invested in Leeds and it would break his heart to leave us.

As long as we're playing well I honestly couldn't care less what design or colour of kit we play in.

Hopefully, fans will be allowed back soon and the club can improve it's bank balance.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ron Swanson wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:48 am Bielsa will stay, but it’ll be a further 12 months followed by another review.

He seems to have a good relationship with the club, and doesn’t seem to be one of those that wants a five year deal in anticipation of a pay off.
Nail on the head. Never believed the 2 year rumours, it just isn't Bielsa. Also whether he signed a 1 day extension or 5 year extension it would make no difference to whether he'd walk out on us is he felt something was wrong. Everything though seems to point to him being happy and really liking working with the players and the people running the club. Maybe we are his forever club!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SaraM wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:50 am Really love the lilac colour, and had decided to get it until I saw the collar. How often are shirts ruined by one detail!
I reckon they leak these things deliberately to get a feel for fans opinion before producing the shirt.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:35 am It would be great to be confident of another 2 years of Bielsa magic but I suspect, if he does sign and I passionately hope he does, that it will be another 12 monther.

Dark blue and lilac eh 🤔! So long as the home colour stays all white I’m not that fussed although I would love an all yellow away kit especially with a slightly different shade of yellow between shirt and shorts just like in the good old days 😉!
Is that a lilac whine?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

I wish they would make the third strip a vintage one...show some history and tradition
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

The shirt is terrible, just stick to the original colour. As for Biesla, it would be great if he stays, but if he decideds to leave, then such is the way of life, it's all transitory. At some point in the near future, we will need to start looking for a predecessor.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Overman wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:34 pm The shirt is terrible, just stick to the original colour. As for Biesla, it would be great if he stays, but if he decideds to leave, then such is the way of life, it's all transitory. At some point in the near future, we will need to start looking for a predecessor.
Successor...Heckingbottom was the predecessor :)
hector

Post by hector »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:02 pm Successor...Heckingbottom was the predecessor :)
bloody grammar nazi :P :P ;-)

:)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Marcelo will be looking forward to having a proper pre-season with his current squad & the incoming signings this summer.

Bielsa is going nowhere!
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:20 pm bloody grammar nazi :P :P ;-)

:)
:mrgreen:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Whist Weasel is of course correct, 1 year or 5 years it wouldn't make a difference, if MB wanted to leave he would leave.

The length of contract is important to us as a club when it comes to signings, sponsors etc.

Players who may want to join us will take MB into consideration, if he signed a 2, 3 year deal it would give them confidence.

I personally havent ever really liked his 1 year deals, understand why he does it but it creates uncertainty and isnt helpful imo.

A club needs stability, its hard to get that if you have to worry about the manaher every summer.

Would he nice if he would sign a 2 or 3 year deal and say yep thats it then i will leave.

That would give the club a timescale to get things in place, it would give new players a bit of confidence and it would provide stability for a while.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

faaip wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:06 pm Is that a lilac whine?
😂
Metro1962
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Metro1962 »

1964white wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:26 pm Marcelo will be looking forward to having a proper pre-season with his current squad & the incoming signings this summer.

Bielsa is going nowhere!
Why would Bielsa go,He said a while ago when we failed the play off he has unfinished business and so it will continue,He wants to bring some silverware back to Leeds so the business is as he said unfinished!! :)
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Overman wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:34 pm The shirt is terrible, just stick to the original colour. As for Biesla, it would be great if he stays, but if he decideds to leave, then such is the way of life, it's all transitory. At some point in the near future, we will need to start looking for a predecessor.
A whole club's worth of Bielsa-developed players would be a like manna from heaven to a proper top-drawer quality manager.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Aston Villa U23 v Leeds United U23 7PM KO

Leeds can win the league tonight, and in style
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »