Our Board of Directors

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Our Board of Directors

Post by Ratscoot »

Just wanted to say I’ve always liked the way this team including Radz are running the club, the fact they invest in the club and players without selling the family silverware. Apart from that badge over the last few years they have got it right and we keep moving forward, yes there has been a couple of bumps in the road but on the whole hopefully onto better things.

I watched John Barnes on BBC News this morning and he was going on about the flop that is the ESL and how owners of clubs have no connection to the club and the fans it’s all about business and I thought hold on here Barnesy come have a look at Leeds as a proper example of how Owners can connect with the club and fans and make it a much better place and not just a glory hunting wannabe.

How our Board has also responded to the ESL has made me even more proud to be a Leeds fan.

Leeds United Owner, Board, Players, Staff and the fans MOT
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Our Board of Directors

Post by HarryofOz »

Amen
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Stories of directors of some of the 'big 6' turning up for games and not even knowing what colour their team play in. Most of their boards don't even go to games. Radrizzani is a football man, he cares about football and seems to care about Leeds United. Likewise Orta, a football man, a crazy crazy man who shows his passion week in week out.
hector

Post by hector »

I'm a crazy crazy man too...

And I like to show my passion.......

That was when the police turned up!!!
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

:tup: :tup: :tup:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

hector wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:33 am I'm a crazy crazy man too...

Yeah, I read about that!

https://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news ... -car-park/
hector

Post by hector »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:34 am Yeah, I read about that!

https://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news ... -car-park/
Yer but no but yer but

I wouldn't be seen dead in a Vauxhall convertable... :P
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

hector wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:38 am Yer but no but yer but

I wouldn't be seen dead in a Vauxhall convertable... :P
Really? But they're so economical. :duno:
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

hector wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:33 am I'm a crazy crazy man too...

That was when the police turned up!!!
:lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

While I agree...would have been interesting to see what radz and Co would have done had we been invited to the super league...they were vocal about TV rights money when we were in the championship and refused to sign up for the EFLs tv project instead opting for LUTV instead showing the games along with a few of the other big championship teams...
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

I don't think our ownership is perfect, at the moment we can virtue signal from the outside about not wanting to join in.

Radz is less worse than previous custodians of the club and there is a great product on the pitch.

He is a money man and will no doubt already be well in the black with the sale of the share to the 49ers.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:08 am While I agree...would have been interesting to see what radz and Co would have done had we been invited to the super league...they were vocal about TV rights money when we were in the championship and refused to sign up for the EFLs tv project instead opting for LUTV instead showing the games along with a few of the other big championship teams...
Makes you wonder what the 49ers would do?

Think we know tbh and it concerns me that they will get first refusal when Radz decides to sell.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Well said Ratscoot...Good post

:tup:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:44 am Makes you wonder what the 49ers would do?

Think we know tbh and it concerns me that they will get first refusal when Radz decides to sell.
It is a bit concerning
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

danhirons wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:08 am While I agree...would have been interesting to see what radz and Co would have done had we been invited to the super league...they were vocal about TV rights money when we were in the championship and refused to sign up for the EFLs tv project instead opting for LUTV instead showing the games along with a few of the other big championship teams...
Wasn't that because they were showing more of our games than anyone else's and mucking about with the schedules as a result?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I'm sure if the 49ers get in they'd go for ESL as somebody hinted. That's what worries me - Americans go for that sort of crap.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

After this week's shambolic attempt to turn football on it's head I doubt Radz would allow the 49'ers to have full control of LUFC.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Ditto CJ really do not want anyone like the 49ers running our club as all we'd become to them would be a money making machine :x Just imagine how awful our game would become with Americans running the show - 4 quarters, hotdogs, BBQs in the carpark, more corporate boxes, sky high ticket prices (more than currently :shock: ), more merch than you can shake a stick at and actually lets badge that stick, meaningless games in far off places, heaven forbid :rant:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I don't know what the 49ers would do.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Can only go by what Paraag Marathe has said in the past...

You can't view this as just a business opportunity, an economic, commercial opportunity. You have to care. There's a certain amount, a great deal of respect and with great humility that I take this role right now because I feel like I'm just a steward for all of our supporters, you guys included. This is everybody's club. This isn't our club and Andrea's club. I feel a great deal of responsibility to help guide it towards success with Andrea's leadership.

The one thing that I've seen that maybe doesn't work as well is when people have a little bit of an emotional detachment from the club they're investing in and they see it purely as a place to park money or to make an investment. You have to care. Anything that you do or anything that you want to build, you have to have passion. If you don't have passion then don't put a dollar into it.