The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 22nd April) - Leeds target £35m left back

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 22nd April) - Leeds target £35m left back

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Thursday 22nd April, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Leeds target £35m left back

Real Betis left back Alex Moreno says he is flattered by the news 'big clubs' including Leeds Utd have contacted his agent regarding his availability this Summer. Moreno joined Betis in the summer of 2019 from Rayo Vallecano on a 5 year contract. He has started 19 La Liga matches this season and is versatile on the left. His rave reviews this term has caught the attention, not only of Leeds, by also French giants Marseille. The 27 year old told beIN Sports...

It is true that they have called my agent, big clubs, but I don’t know anything. I’m focused on finishing LaLiga by qualifying for Europe with Betis. “My agent has told me to focus on Betis, on the games that remain. It is the task of the agents. But it is a source of pride that big clubs notice me.

Betis have slapped a ridiculous £35m release clause on the left back. Romain Perraud and Miguel Gutierrez also remain short listed, and would be available at a far more reasonable price. Many clubs have reached financial meltdown due to the Corona pandemic, and will be desperate to offload their star players in order to stay afloat. Leeds have an excellent European scouting team, led by Victor Orta. Could Leeds make a killing this Summer? An exciting Summer awaits!

Bamford - Leeds energy levels were superior over Liverpool

Patrick Bamford has been discussing Mondays draw against Liverpool, on the LUFC podcast. The 27 year old recalls that the Reds energy levels were dropping, and the back four were falling deeper and deeper as the game progressed. He also recollected what Fabinho was telling his teammates.

Fabinho was saying to the rest of the back four a lot: ‘we’re too deep, we’re too deep, we need to get up, we need to get up’,” he told The Official Leeds United podcast. And when a team starts dropping off, you know it’s because they’re too tired to keep getting up and dropping and getting up. He was saying it all the time, but it wasn’t changing anything, they were just getting deeper and deeper.

Bamford himself acknowledged that he too became fatigued during the closing stages...

I was actually sick in my mouth yesterday when I was on the pitch! I was blowing. I think it was just after I hit the bar. They broke on a counter attack and I’ve sprinted back from their penalty box to ours and then nothing came of it and Illan got the ball and we started attacking again.

I’ve ran all the way back up the pitch and we have just kept the ball at the back, passing it round and I thought I was about to burp. I just burped and I was just sick in my mouth so I had to spit it out, it was on the pitch but it was just a little bit! So the rest of the game I’ve just got this taste of sick in my mouth, it was horrible. “After I’d just done that run Marcelo was shouting ‘Patrick move!’.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 22nd April) Leeds target 35m left back

Post by 1964white »

Alex Moreno

Sounds good to me that is if the speculation is true, Spanish defenders know how to defend. We need a bit more quality at the back.

We cannot continue to leak 50 goals+ (by this stage of the season) in 2021/22, if we concede a more manageable figure of around the 35 mark we'll be in for a even better season next term.

We've been unlucky losing Llorente & Koch for much of the season with Cooper also missing many games through injury/suspension, no Berardi too!

Bamford

Paddy's work rate is immense, one of hardest the workers in our squad without any doubt, runs his socks off for the team.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 22nd April) - Leeds target £35m left back

Post by HarryofOz »

Aha, Moreno is 'today's' left back :)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:55 am
I think I would have waited until after Sunday to have tweeted that.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 22nd April) - Leeds target £35m left back

Post by Mountain »

I have said it before, I think Patrick Bamford could be my favourite Leeds player ever. Everything about him, his ability, his workrate, intelligence, his charm, his modesty, his temperament on the pitch, his behaviour off it. He just seems like such a class act, neither too highbrow nor too brash, one minute able to articulate a position on the Super League, the next admitting he got sick. I can see why Bielsa seems so fond of him.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Well we definitely need a left back so Moreno would fit the Bill but not at £35m. I think we’ll be linked with a few more left backs before the end of the next transfer window.

Well done Paddy lad - keep up the good work!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:55 am Well we definitely need a left back so Moreno would fit the Bill but not at £35m. I think we’ll be linked with a few more left backs before the end of the next transfer window.

Well done Paddy lad - keep up the good work!
Defo need a quality left back but not at that price.

Bamford, despite his profligacy, is a credit to the club. I think they have all become better persons due to Bielsa's influence.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Mountain wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:49 am I have said it before, I think Patrick Bamford could be my favourite Leeds player ever. Everything about him, his ability, his workrate, intelligence, his charm, his modesty, his temperament on the pitch, his behaviour off it. He just seems like such a class act, neither too highbrow nor too brash, one minute able to articulate a position on the Super League, the next admitting he got sick. I can see why Bielsa seems so fond of him.
Agreed, I also think he's got even more improvement to come as the general quality of the squad improves. He's quickly developed a real kinship with Raph and I reckon a more creative CMF like De Paul would see his goal tally go up into the high teens/twenties.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The £35m will just be the release clasue fee in his contract - something that is very common with Spanish contracts. Doesn't mean that is the asking price as they always tend to go on the high side just in case the player turns into worldie. Similar with Portugese clubs - if memory serves Hadi Sacko's was £100m.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

weasel wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:27 pm if memory serves Hadi Sacko's was £100m.
£60 Million
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:40 pm£60 Million
Lira maybe, not pounds....
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:47 pm
Very touching ...RIP "Hotshot"...Always remembered...MOT
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

RIP Peter :soccer:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Nice touch for a Leeds great. R.I.P
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Chilli D wrote: I think I would have waited until after Sunday to have tweeted that.
And spurs

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Great that Peter got one last run out on the hallowed turf.
R.I.P.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

RIP Hotshot
MOT