Scum get away with it

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

On Fire Scum get away with it

Post by Ratscoot »

So I went to my have my eyes tested and turns out my Optician is a Scum fan and he’s from Mancland so we had a ten minute break for that.

We then discussed the protests in his opinion: the people that broke into the stadium are scum (that’s double scum then), hooligans and were there just to cause trouble, he agrees in principle with the protests but is also worried about which owners they’d get instead.

Just to clarify I didn’t call them scum too polite ;-) but couldn’t call them anything else so just said your team.

I asked what punishment he expected Scum to receive, he said he and his other scum mates expected to get off Scot free, he then went on to explain that since before the Fergie days the FA and Prem have always turned a blind eye to the stuff the club and the fans do and he said it must piss fans of other clubs off, I explained it does. He then said watch the news reports see how they are talking about this, a few hooligans, a small group, a minority, not real fans, the club will ban these but then talk about the club engaging with the fans nothing about any form of punishment for the club.

And got to say he’s absolutely right the media is pointing the finger at a small group “who aren’t real fans” how much the fans want rid of the Glazers, that the club needs to engage but nothing at all about any form of investigation, threat of fines and points deduction, yet when Spy Gate happened every report had reporters and pundits making up what punishment they thought we deserved.

Or is it just me and my Optician :duno:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Scum get away with it

Post by Smudge3920 »

:tup:
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Great post Rat.

It’s as plain as the nose on your face that, by the MSM and the English football establishment, Chelsea and especially Scum (Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool perhaps to a lesser extent) get treated more favourably than other clubs, it seems even their fans admit it and have come to expect it.

It’s also very apparent that Leeds United get treated more harshly than other clubs and, call me cynical (most long serving Leeds fans tend to be) but after 50+ years of supporting this club I’ve come to expect it.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I've no doubt if this had happened at ER, the media would be calling for us to be kicked out of the league.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Perhaps Sky will get Peter Shilton in for his opinion?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

We did get away with the 'open top bus' though......didnt we?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

And smashing a bottle into a wpcs face.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

whiteswan wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:50 am We did get away with the 'open top bus' though......didnt we?
this :tup: