Leeds Utd v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Phillips and Raph make the bench

Post by SG90 »

Ryan Mason crying about Kane offside. Cry me a river. :roll: That was more offside than goals we've had disallowed this season.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Phillips and Raph make the bench

Post by 1964white »

Ryan Mason a bitter man
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:42 pm but why did the game kick off 10 minutes late, meant derby knew they did not need to press for a winner after the rotherham game finished 15 minutes before the derby game......unfair to both the wendies and rotherham
Yeah, that's a bit shite, VAR should review it and make them play again.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:45 pm Ryan Mason a bitter man
Yeah, fookin tosser, he could hardly shake hands with Bielsa and didn't even look at him :evil:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:13 pm Just goes to show, Raphinha looked more offside than Kane to the naked eye.
Imo Kane was offside & Raphinha onside.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:38 pm Can Norwich or Burnley please bid for Roberts in the summer?
They can have Costa n all, BOGOF
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Thought Kane was onside, but the call on the field was off and there wasn't enough on VAR to overturn it. Given our history with VAR I think we were due.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

White Riot wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:48 pm They can have Costa n all, BOGOF
Don’t you mean Bog Off?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:22 pm Brilliant performance, brilliant win. 50pts and sitting pretty in 9th again and back to 0 GD
I was hoping for 52 points when some of our fans thought we were in a relegation battle on 35 points, looking good for a few more with three games to go :)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:42 pm Happy for Rodders, been very critical of him this season (justified imo) but he did great today and took his goal well.

Roberts had less touches than Meslier which says a lot.

Counted 2 or 3 opportunities where a simple pass was needed and Roberts got the pass wrong
I dont think it did Peter, I thought there was an onfield injury in the first half which stopped play
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:51 pm Don’t you mean Bog Off?
That as well :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:24 pm How good was Struijk today?! It would grossly unfair to be dropped. Hopefully Cooper is injured for the rest of the season.
Absolutely brilliant SG

I have been banging his drum as a CB all season, we are much better defensively with Pascal in our back four.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:51 pm I was hoping for 52 points when some of our fans thought we were in a relegation battle on 35 points, looking good for a few more with three games to go :)
I said on a lot of occasions that I expected we'd end up with 55, so not far off
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:52 pm I dont think it did Peter, I thought there was an onfield injury in the first half which stopped play
:duno:

Confused.com
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:53 pm Absolutely brilliant SG

I have been banging his drum as a CB all season, we are much better defensively with Pascal in our back four.
The lad is getting better and better
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:55 pm :duno:

Confused.com
Clickbait :lol:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

onemoreslogan wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:51 pm Thought Kane was onside, but the call on the field was off and there wasn't enough on VAR to overturn it. Given our history with VAR I think we were due.
It reminded me of the one in the West Ham game.

In both cases the linesman flagged for it.

How could they ever see those margins?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:45 pm Ryan Mason a bitter man
He had his career taken away from him tbf, he does has justification for bitterness
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:53 pm Absolutely brilliant SG

I've said all season he's better than Cooper and I haven't relented. I'm actually glad Cooper was suspended now or Pascal would've been playing for the u23s.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Hard to feel sorry for them after the calls we've had against us all season, not forgetting they got a penalty outside the box in the return leg.