Leeds Utd v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Phillips and Raph make the bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:05 pm I am so sick and tired of having a manager who has not got a clue on team selection, player change strategy...can only manage us 50 pts with 4 games to play in our first season in the prem... be so glad when this season is over ... :lol:

Seriously...what a turn around, it just shows you ...how many teams knowing they were up against a front 3 of Bale, Kane and Son would openly get in your face and say "come on then"?... superb team performance...from the manager down.
Can you ever get through a single day without making digs at other people, or trying to pick arguments with Sara, Velo, Overman or myself ? People are allowed to discuss tactics, team selection etc.

Just enjoy the result without sly and sarcastic remarks for once.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Phillips and Raph make the bench

Post by Smudge3920 »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:28 pm Can you ever get through a single day without making digs at other people, or trying to pick arguments with Sara, Velo, Overman or myself ? People are allowed to discuss tactics, team selection etc.

Ever tried smiling ...it was a joke , humour, fun, jest ...should try it someday ... :)
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Let's not get personal people

Good result today, let's not have another match thread go the wrong way
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:32 pm Let's not get personal people

Good result today, let's not have another match thread go the wrong way
Amen.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:46 pm Imo Kane was offside & Raphinha onside.
Sorry, I meant onside not offside 🤣
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I am one of many who scratched their heads when the starting line up was confirmed. Fact is Bielsa just knows his gravy and I will just have to accept my success in CM is purely fantasy. Alioski played out of his skin today - When I often wonder why he keeps getting selected ( and we all know his defensive frailties) It is because he works his bollocks off and can make gut busting runs to get that crucial overlap. Hats off to the team today a huge bounce back result. Yeah there was some sloppy play but the work rate from all the players is phenomenal.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

DDB220 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:47 pm I am one of many who scratched their heads when the starting line up was confirmed. Fact is Bielsa just knows his gravy and I will just have to accept my success in CM is purely fantasy. Alioski played out of his skin today - When I often wonder why he keeps getting selected ( and we all know his defensive frailties) It is because he works his bollocks off and can make gut busting runs to get that crucial overlap. Hats off to the team today a huge bounce back result. Yeah there was some sloppy play but the work rate from all the players is phenomenal.

Brighton was just a bad performance. Klich was running in treacle which didn't help, back on song today though. Would love him to get a goal though!
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:02 am Really don't understand that bench-If Kalvin and Raph are fit enough for bench then they should be starting. Would have liked to have seen Summerville get a run out but not even on bench- not that he would have got a game as MB would rather shoehorn players into positions than try anything different. Really don't like Dallas on wing and the thought of Alioski up against Bale is just frightening. Need a spread bet on how many pens he will give away today!
Can't see any creativity in that team and Bamford will be isolated again like he was at Brighton.
Henandez should start but you know he will get 10 mins at end of game when we're already 2 or 3 down.

Not usually this negative as we've had a fantastic season but this team selection is just so lack lustre and unimaginative.
Surely its time to blood one or two of the U23's?
That post aged well. :lol:
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:59 am Dallas was a crap winger for years, he may be flavour of the month now but it doesnt change how exceptionally underwhelming he was for years as a winger.

He is a player with average skills, average pace, average technical ability, offensively he doesnt stand out in any way and lacks any of the skills needed to be a quality winger.

Also he only has 2 assists this season despite hardly missing a game.

Klich hasnt scored or created a goal since near Christmas and has looked well off it since about then as well

Slow in body and mind.

Roberts hasnt scored or created a goal since February despite playing the majority of games since, unlucky or not on a few occasions its still a pitiful total in such an attacking side

Harrison has 1 goal and 2 assists in his last 11 games and you cant even say he has been unlucky, cant remember his last decent performance.

This is our midfield
....and another :lol:
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gandalf wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:10 pm ....and another :lol:
Yeah proved me wrong tbf today :)

Nothing i said was untrue though.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Spurs got it wrong tactically today, leaving our misfiring midfield time sort themselves out and get going they had way too an attacking lineup but the gap between the two units allowed Klich and Roberts especially time to find their touch.

The ref played a blinder too allowing both sides to get on with it did not blow up for every petty infringement, he wasnt afraid to play the advantage when possible. This actually suited both teams.

They rely more on individual excellence than the collective effort and it just just wasnt enough.

Of course Burnley will get physical next week and will try to deny us time on the ball to find rhythm.

Look forward to a less football oriented battle next week
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:28 pm Can you ever get through a single day without making digs at other people, or trying to pick arguments with Sara, Velo, Overman or myself ? People are allowed to discuss tactics, team selection etc.

Are you for real? I took Smudge's post at face value, stop trying to find offence at everything :roll: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Harrison was giving the spurs right back at torrid time. I think Bielsa saw this and decided to put Raphinha on the left wing.

when Jack played on the other wing his game seemed to suffer and I was wondering if Bielsa had made a mistake.

however when Raphinha laid on Rodrigo for the third goal I saw that Bielsa was tactical genius

three positional moves Harrison on the right Dallas in the center Raphinha on the left.

perfect

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:34 pm Son was Ayling's man, Bale was Ali's.

Bale didnt have a sniff.
I thought Ayling went with Kane, who was supposed to be tracking Kane?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:44 pm Ryan Mason crying about Kane offside. Cry me a river. :roll: That was more offside than goals we've had disallowed this season.
Bamford finger being one example
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:46 pm Imo Kane was offside & Raphinha onside.
Defintely 64 :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:06 pm I thought Ayling went with Kane, who was supposed to be tracking Kane?
If we were meant to be man marking as usual it seemed to be Struijk and Llorente marked Kane depending on whose side.

Saw both of them follow Kane about at different times.

Ayling had Son.

Koch had Dele Ali

Ali had Bale.

That was first half although 2nd half i saw Koch track Højbjerg all the way until Koch was our furthest player forward.

Presumably Ali had gone off by then or Spurs had tweaked position.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Good performance today, Koch my mom . Massive improvement on last week's effort.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Chilli D wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:06 pm I said we'd finish 10th with 51 points so I fully expect us to better that points wise now.
Didn't see the game as was out with the family (still am) but sounds like I missed a cracker.
I've seen the goals on my phone but can't wait to watch MOTD tonight.
Yes, it was a cracker Chilli.
Spurs are dangerous going forward, but we generally snuffed them out.
We were the better team by far and deserved the win.
Everyone played well for me apart from Tyro, and with Rodrigo coming back and scoring I think that's all folks for Roberts.
We're much more of a threat with Rapha, KP and Rodders on the pitch.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

becchio bear wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:47 pm Are you for real? I took Smudge's post at face value, stop trying to find offence at everything :roll: :bear:
Actually I chose to ignore some sarcastic comments/taunting from the same person in a very recent discussion about Orta's signings. Read them if you don't believe me. Unfortunately Velo decided not to ignore the baiting...

I'm just amazed that some people can't enjoy a great result without the ' I told you so 'comments, which are clearly a dig at Leeds fans who debate tactics or the merits of players such as Harrison, Roberts Alioski etc. It's just as annoying as knee jerk reactions after a loss like against Brighton. Just enjoy the result rather than trying to score points against other fans.

These kind of sarcastic, gloating ' I told you so ' comments are not aimed at opposition fans presumably ?
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Sat May 08, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.