Jack Harrison, Worth £10 million?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jack Harrison, Worth £10 million?

Post by whiteswan »

Get him signed up.....Now
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Another comparison why Jack would be a bargain at £10m.

Benrahma cost West Ham £30 million, has made 26 appearances & hasn't scored a goal for his current club after scoring for fun in the championship. Just missed a golden opportunity to break his duck for the hammers.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

1964white wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:16 pm Another comparison why Jack would be a bargain at £10m.

Benrahma cost West Ham £30 million, has made 26 appearances & hasn't scored a goal for his current club after scoring for fun in the championship. Just missed a golden opportunity to break his duck for the hammers.
.... and another one diving and cheating because it isn’t working for him. Bielsa knew what he was doing when he passed him over. I’ll put my hand up and say I thought we should have bought him.

As for buying Harrison for £10M, that’s a no brainer for me. Sign him up rapid.

He can be extremely frustrating to watch at times but when he’s on then he’s a massive addition. Great work ethic, scores quality goals, can supply wicked crosses (as for Dallas’ goal) and obviously fits personality wise in the team/squad. All valuable traits in a Bielsa team.

It’s his consistency that needs to be worked on. Maybe it’s a head thing :duno: !
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:16 pm Another comparison why Jack would be a bargain at £10m.

Yep, I was delighted we didn't sign him. Stay away from Brentford's overpriced, overrated players.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Excellent example Leon, puts a lot in perspective...oh by the way thanks for the reasuring words in your pm yesterday, so much can be dealt with by simple communication.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Mountain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:15 am Compare him with Pepe at Arsenal, 70 or 80 million, and 150k per week.
Is that the guy they pay but don't play?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The two games against us though he looked very impressive... West Ham maybe playing him in a different role and one can't argue with the results
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:13 pm Is that the guy they pay but don't play?
Yep played in the U23's all year ...
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

faaip wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:13 pm Is that the guy they pay but don't play?
He was sent off v Leeds earlier in the season...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Already forgotten
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Has been a waste...not sure this justifies 10 mill for JH though...

Mahrez cost Leicester about a million quid...making JH look incredibly overpriced...

Great cross and play from JH yesterday for the first goal
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

This week he's worth 10 mil, last week he wasn't worth 10 Bob.

Seems like me calling him and Alioski the Chuckle Brothers has had the desired effect.

Both made me eat my words, and I'm delighted they did, keep up the good work lads :clap:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

White Riot wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:53 pm This week he's worth 10 mil, last week he wasn't worth 10 Bob.

Seems like me calling him and Alioski the Chuckle Brothers has had the desired effect.

Both made me eat my words, and I'm delighted they did, keep up the good work lads :clap:
Chuckle brothers ... :rol: ...post :clap:
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

danhirons wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:41 pm Mahrez cost Leicester about a million quid...making JH look incredibly overpriced...
He was signed when Leicester were a Championship club. When he played a few seasons in the Premier League, his value jumped to 60 million, which is what clubs in the top 6 or 7 clubs pay for players without even thinking about it.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

My two-penneth: At 10 million, it's a no-brainer to sign Jack. He's a known quantity in terms of Bielsaball, attitude, work rate, and let's be frank, for all the talk of his inconsistency from week to week, has contributed some excellent football this season and some worldies which would have the roof off at Elland Rd if fans had been in the stadium. Sure, he can be inconsistent, which can be frustrating, but you can never label him lazy. At his age, I really think he can improve, and in 2 or 3 years, especially if he fixes his inconsistency or shooting could be worth 50 million. Worst case scenario is we will not lose any money on him at 10 million.

Another point I haven't seen mentioned in terms to his fitness is that he rarely picks up injuries, which is impressive for a winger with the amount of running, twisting for crosses, and impacts from tackles and bodychecks. We'd get plenty of minutes out of him.

Could we buy better? For sure, but we also might do worse. I'm all for another winger coming in, and I'm of the opinion we need squad depth to be able to compete on multiple fronts. Even if the squad size is 18-20, having quality throughout that will see us being able to change up matches we're underperforming in, or putting in decent cup runs, or dare I say it challenge in Europe. I fully see Harrison being an integral part of making that happen in some way or other.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

What does £10mil in the Prem actually buy you these days anyway? And I mean known quantities, not Pedro Pedropolakis, the half-Greek half-Peruvian wonderkid whom nobody but Brentford's scout's mum's house cleaner saw until she went on holiday and whom nobody heard of till he scored 30 for them last season and still didn't get them promoted.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Harrison, 24, claimed a goal as well as two assists for Rodrigo - leaving only Manchester United's Bruno Fernandes with more goal involvements from midfield in the Premier League this season.
Considering how many penalties and free kicks Fernandes takes I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison has even done better than Fernandes from open play.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

weasel wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:19 pm Harrison, 24, claimed a goal as well as two assists for Rodrigo - leaving only Manchester United's Bruno Fernandes with more goal involvements from midfield in the Premier League this season.
Considering how many penalties and free kicks Fernandes takes I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison has even done better than Fernandes from open play.
:tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Never understood the Harrison apathy. I was the only one wanted him back after season 1 (or at least the only vocal one) you could see the quality from the outset ..

If there are 4 better wingers in the division I'd be surprised.

I'd pay 20M right now but luckily we don't have to
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

with the added consistency he is starting to show he will be well worth the money