Gianni Alioski

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: Gianni Alioski- Potential racism allegation.

Post by Mountain »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:00 pm I fail to see the racism in that. Children do it all the time.

Embarrassing club Burnley, go on about snowflakes yet they're the biggest snowflakes themselves offended by anything.

More importantly, it looks like McNeil spits at him in that clip.
I think in fairness to any club, if a player alleges racism they have to back him. When one thinks of the trauma Anton Ferdinand went through pretty much on his own against Terry.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Mountain wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:53 pm I think in fairness to any club, if a player alleges racism they have to back him. When one thinks of the trauma Anton Ferdinand went through pretty much on his own against Terry.
Of course, but where is the racism in that? Everyone just laughed at it at the time, including the commentators. Now it's racist all of a sudden. :roll:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Looked like Dwight McNeil clipped Alioski, who went down easily. McNeil has then leaned over Alioski, unintentionally spat near him and shouted at him. Alioski has then responded by being a clown. You can also see Alioski say 'Did you hear what he said to me?' to the referee.

All a bit handbags on the face of it.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Mountain wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:53 pm I think in fairness to any club, if a player alleges racism they have to back him. When one thinks of the trauma Anton Ferdinand went through pretty much on his own against Terry.
What has this got to do with today's game?

Looks like McNeil spat on Alioski and said something to him. Typical deflection to pull the race card :roll: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:01 pm Looked like Dwight McNeil clipped Alioski, who went down easily. McNeil has then leaned over Alioski, unintentionally spat near him and shouted at him. Alioski has then responded by being a clown. You can also see Alioski say 'Did you hear what he said to me?' to the referee.

All a bit handbags on the face of it.
Alioski is a Muslim btw.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

SG90 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:04 pm Alioski is a Muslim btw.

I'm aware of that. Not sure what the implication is though, doesn't mean he can't be racist.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:57 pm Of course, but where is the racism in that? Everyone just laughed at it at the time, including the commentators. Now it's racist all of a sudden. :roll:
The gesture alone certainly doesn't seem racist. But if, for example, Alioski preceded the gesture with, say a "monkey" comment, we'd all agree it was obviously racist.

The gesture alone doesn't seem racist on the face of it, but Burnley must back their player, they can't try and talk him out of it.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:06 pm I'm aware of that. Not sure what the implication is though, doesn't mean he can't be racist.
When I last looked, "muslim" isn't a race, it's a religion!! :bear:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

You're never going to eradicate racism from society if anything and everything is branded racist these days, like Little Mix claiming the music industry is "racist", it just opens it to ridicule. But unfortunately, it's 2021 and everything has to cause offence these days.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:06 pm I'm aware of that. Not sure what the implication is though, doesn't mean he can't be racist.
As you said Gjanni said "do you hear what he said to me?", McNeil could have said something racist to him. I notice fans of other clubs are keen to brand Alioski a racist for some reason, Arsenal fans did when Pepe was sent off.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

SG90 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:21 pm As you said Gjanni said "do you hear what he said to me?", McNeil could have said something racist to him. I notice fans of other clubs are keen to brand Alioski a racist for some reason, Arsenal fans did when Pepe was sent off.

Absolutely

Think he just winds people up by being Gjanni Alioski though, he's pushed a few over the edge.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:11 pm https://twitter.com/Paul_Leeds67/status ... frame.html

Was that sweat or was Ali spat at?
Serious question......Is Ali being accused of being a racist for pulling a funny face at what looks like a white man or is Mcneal being accused of being racist for saying something to a a little blond Muslim guy? I'm trying to see the racist angle in this.
Last edited by BobHirst on Sat May 15, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

becchio bear wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:04 pm Looks like McNeil spat on Alioski and said something to him. Typical deflection to pull the race card :roll: :bear:

Don't want to make light of the situation and if Alioski has said anything then it needs to be looked into but this certainly looks to be the case. McNeil has lost his cool and seems to be looking to deflect. In no way on their own could Alioski's gestures be construed as racist. No one else in the ground or reporting for TV thought they were.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

BobHirst wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:24 pm Serious question......Is Ali being accused of being a racist for pulling a funny face at what looks like a white man or is Mcneal being accused of being racist for saying something to a a little blond Muslim guy? I'm trying to see the racist angle in this.

It seems Ali is being accused of being racist to McNeil who is of a mixed background.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:25 pm It seems Ali is being accused of being racist to McNeil who is of a mixed background.
Thanks for the info.
He doesn't look like he is black at all. I'll bet Ali doesn't know that either.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

That gesture racist you’ve got to be kidding!!!!

Childish? Yes!
Silly? Yes!
Uncalled for? Probably!
As funny as f#ck? Absolutely!

But no way racist - what is the world coming to?
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:24 pm Don't want to make light of the situation and if Alioski has said anything then it needs to be looked into but this certainly looks to be the case. McNeil has lost his cool and seems to be looking to deflect. In no way on their own could Alioski's gestures be construed as racist. No one else in the ground or reporting for TV thought they were.
Looks the other way to me. McNeil said something and spat. Alioski just pulled childish faces - not "racist". Fed up of all this crap now.

:bear:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

becchio bear wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:30 pm Looks the other way to me. McNeil said something and spat. Alioski just pulled childish faces - not "racist". Fed up of all this crap now.

:bear:

You know I'm agreeing with you dont you?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

From how it looks, Alioski goes down from the challenge. McNeil shouts abuse at him and looks to have spitten, while Gjanni is on the ground. Alioski sticks his tongue out as he's helped up, then does the childish gesture. McNeil looked angry at Alioski going down, rather anything said or the gesture.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:33 pm You know I'm agreeing with you dont you?
I do now lol :oops: :bear: