Jack Harrison, Worth £10 million?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Jack Harrison, Worth £10 million?

Post by danhirons »

great game today - just needs to be more consistent with his end product (like he was today but week in week out)

my god he still can't take a corner though
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Best game for us imo.

Still want another option on the left.wing though.

Consistency is his issue not quality
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

He's unplayable on his day, the best at controlling long passes, and beating defenders in tight spots. He's also very dangerous when he gets in a central position, and seems tireless in tracking back. We have to give him a proper contract this summer.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:26 pm Never understood the Harrison apathy. I was the only one wanted him back after season 1 (or at least the only vocal one) you could see the quality from the outset ..

If there are 4 better wingers in the division I'd be surprised.

I'd pay 20M right now but luckily we don't have to
Tbf you have stood by him, credit to you.

But the bit in bold is extremely generous imo, if it was true City wouldn't be letting him go.

Would doubt he would get into the top 20 best Prem.wingers tbh.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Similar to Klich, Bamford and just about every player on the planet he has had some poor games but the class remains and the form has always only been temporary.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:35 pm Tbf you have stood by him, credit to you.

But the bit in bold is extremely generous imo, if it was true City wouldn't be letting him go.

Would doubt he would get into the top 20 best Prem.wingers tbh.
No I'm comfortable with my analysis. No idea why City don't want him but they can always spend another 50M on a player anyway if they need to. They don't need to scout they just need to throw large money darts at players, no skill in that. That's Football manager played in cheat mode

My guess would be if they could remove the option to buy clause they would now. Don't forget in their arrogance they didn't think he'd play like this in the prem.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:41 pm My guess would be if they could remove the option to buy clause they would now. Don't forget in their arrogance they didn't think he'd play like this in the prem.
I feel this is true. The initial option to purchase clause was inserted before he had even to convince he could do it at Championship level - I feel if we had been backed into a corner last summer we would have signed him (I think it would have been for £8m) and City would have known that too but they weren't in need of the money straightaway so were happy to basicaly wait a year and charge us a bit more for the privilidge - sort of like a bank loaning you money for a year but charging you for it.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Good today shame he can't do it week in week out.
Personally couldn't see him getting anywhere near city's first team. Certainly improved under Bielsa.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jack Harrison vs Burnley:

45 touches
22/32 succ. passes
14/17 final third passes
6 crosses
4 chances created (most ) :gold:
4 ball recoveries
2 big chances created
2 duels won
2 assists (most) :gold:
1 shot on-target
1 goal ⚽

Exceptional performance and was directly involved in three goals.

Screenshot 2021-05-15 18.05.11.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Another fantastic performance from Jack, cheeky goal too. :clap:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:26 pm Never understood the Harrison apathy. I was the only one wanted him back after season 1 (or at least the only vocal one) you could see the quality from the outset ..

If there are 4 better wingers in the division I'd be surprised.

I'd pay 20M right now but luckily we don't have to
Sterling, mahrez, mane, salah....?

Even raph is comfortably better
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

danhirons wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:15 pm Sterling, mahrez, mane, salah....?

Even raph is comfortably better

Salah really a winger? Scores a lot, doesnt assist many.

Harrison has 8 and 8, two more goals than Raph, one less goal and three more assists that Mane, same number of goal contricutions as Sterling, twice the number of assists Mahrez has.

He's been up there with the best this year.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

It's a moot discussion anyway as we'll be signing him. I have to say his fitness levels are incredible given how much football he's played the last two years. He's never injured or tired.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:32 pm Salah really a winger? Scores a lot, doesnt assist many.

Harrison has 8 and 8, two more goals than Raph, one less goal and three more assists that Mane, same number of goal contricutions as Sterling, twice the number of assists Mahrez has.

Salah is attacking but Defo a winger

Mane and salah have had poor seasons but far better players overall.

Jack's stats from this season are pretty good though, I think the frustrating thing is for every great game there's been a few sub par games from him
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

danhirons wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:37 pm Salah is attacking but Defo a winger

Mane and salah have had poor seasons but far better players overall.

Jack's stats from this season are pretty good though, I think the frustrating thing is for every great game there's been a few sub par games from him

Sure City fans would tell you Sterling has had a more than a few sub-par performances this season
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:39 pm Sure City fans would tell you Sterling has had a more than a few sub-par performances this season
Extremely inconsistent.

Struggling to maintain his place in the Citeh team, doubt he'll be in Pep's XI v Chelsea in the CL Final.

Greedy, niggly little sod, I reckon Sterling will move on in the summer!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jack will be our first signing in the summer.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:32 pm Salah really a winger? Scores a lot, doesnt assist many.

He has played quite a significant amount of minutes more than Raph though and Raph has created more chances.

Full credit to JH for today but are we really going to try and claim he is one of the best wingers in the league?

Salah may not play like a traditional winger but he is one in a front 3.

Imo you have to take into account how extremely attacking we are and thus law of averages says our attacking players should get decent numbers.

But what about players who play for more defensive teams like Pedro Neto at Wolves?

Harvey Barnes at Leicester.

Grealish plays left wing also.

Foden plays wide in a front 3.

Zaha carries Palace from out wide.

Rashford plays left side.

Saint-Maximin.

Bukayo Saka.

Bernardo Silva

Diogo Jota

Christian Pulisic.

Matheus Pereria.

I got accused a lot in the past of using stats to justify points which was fair.

If you look beyond the stats all of those players above have played left wing and most EPL fans would put them above JH if given a choice.

He was immense today but that needs to become his usual standard.

What seperates Harrison from someone like Raph is consistency imo.

Thats the difference, its reflected in MOTM polls and its what seperates good players from very good and so on.

I havent looked but Raph will be on almost every motm poll this season when he has played, Harrison wont.

Thats the difference
Signed

King Cjay

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

The thing is, when he's on form Jack is unplayable. There's no doubting that. When he's having a poor game however, it really shows and seems to disproportionally affect our whole game as opposed to when say Klich or Dallas has a quiet game in MF. Today, Jack looked far more than £10mil.

Will he against the Saints? We won't be able to tell until the day.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Harrison is at his best working on instinct/ muscle memory. He has acknowledged this, working with a sports psychologist at his own expense. Hopefully with age comes experience.

Next season he will be only 25. He has many more years in the PL. Hopefully at Leeds.

Tie him down to a 5 year contract this summer.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa