Tyler Roberts-Birmingham move confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tyler Roberts

Post by The Subhuman »

And in the interest of the forum that will be my last word on Roberts, I sense I'm getting irritating to the negs on here
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Roberts had a good game today by his usual standards.

Was really unlucky with the lob.

7 goals in 3 years (if SG is correct i assume he is) is extremely poor for an attacking player at any level.

Ifs and buts dont make up for that.

Anyway its a big end of season for him and he will prove himself to Bielsa or he wont, we shall see.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:58 pm The only goal threat today, disallowed goal and a stunning shot lob which if Raph or Pablo pulled out would have had the forum dribbling in delight bit as it were Roberts it was s**t ...Disallowed goal in the last game, 2 assists recently and that should have been 5 if players could finish simple chances.
I didn't say it was sht, I said he did some good stuff today. However if he's in a good position in the box, I'm never confident he will score. He's similar to Bamford in that regard, more likely to score quality goals than simple goals. However he simply doesn't score enough.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Reports surfacing today that Newcastle are interested in TyRo and may make a move in the summer.

However, we value Roberts at over £10mil and are hoping he will sign a new deal.

Will try to refrain from hammering the lad as i think its pretty clear what most LUFC fans think now.

Furthermore he is clearly a nice lad, does good things off the pitch and should be credited for that.

And if Dominic Solanke based on some cameos (and 1 goal for Liverpool) and an ok season in Holland is worth £19mil then Roberts probably is worth £10mil or so.

Purely based on football business though, why would we try and keep Roberts rather than selling him for decent money?

He isnt a key first team player, he isnt someone we couldn't improve on fairly easily and well run clubs sell bit part players for profit as part of basic business.

Just seems logical.
Signed

King Cjay

Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

if true and an absurd offer of 10m comes i for him please bite Newcastle's hand off.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barcodes showing ambition I see :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:35 am Reports surfacing today that Newcastle are interested in TyRo and may make a move in the summer.

However, we value Roberts at over £10mil and are hoping he will sign a new deal.

Will try to refrain from hammering the lad as i think its pretty clear what most LUFC fans think now.

Furthermore he is clearly a nice lad, does good things off the pitch and should be credited for that.

And if Dominic Solanke based on some cameos (and 1 goal for Liverpool) and an ok season in Holland is worth £19mil then Roberts probably is worth £10mil or so.

Purely based on football business though, why would we try and keep Roberts rather than selling him for decent money?

He isnt a key first team player, he isnt someone we couldn't improve on fairly easily and well run clubs sell bit part players for profit as part of basic business.

Just seems logical.
Why keep him if he isn't good enough? And if we give him a new contract, he'll demand like £30k a week, which will make him hard to offload to the Championship.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

He hasn’t scored a goal this season in over 20 appearances.

And rarely looks like creating or scoring.

I’m sure that in his Leeds career to date he has more yellow cards than goals.

If there is money on the table that will cover what we’ve spent on him - transfer fee and wages, I’d move him on.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Ron Swanson wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:40 am He hasn’t scored a goal this season in over 20 appearances.

If there is money on the table that will cover what we’ve spent on him - transfer fee and wages, I’d move him on.
£10mil will pay for Harrison, won't it?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ron Swanson wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:40 am He hasn’t scored a goal this season in over 20 appearances.

Interesting stat not to be proud of :o
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:43 am £10mil will pay for Harrison, won't it?
Certainly would be enough for our first signing of the summer.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

7 goals in 3 seasons. That includes 2 braces, so he's only ever scored in 5 matches from like 80 odd games.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:51 am 7 goals in 3 seasons. That includes 2 braces, so he's only ever scored in 5 matches from like 80 odd games.
OUCH!

Those two braces v Preston (h) & Hull (a)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:32 am Why keep him if he isn't good enough? And if we give him a new contract, he'll demand like £30k a week, which will make him hard to offload to the Championship.
I agree.

Its common practice in football to move players on to improve the squad.

We need to be ruthless
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:20 pm I agree.

Its common practice in football to move players on to improve the squad.

We need to be ruthless
Me too, I think we need impact players to come off the bench and I just dont think Tyler is that kind of player. If we were offered 10 mill for the lad and he was gonna get first team football then it would be a win win situation
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I would bite the Toons hands off if it were true. To be fair to Bielsa he has now given him a fair crack of the whip and he's been free of then niggly injuries for a while but he's just not cut out for that position imo. There is a player in there somewhere but i think he needs a change of scenery to bring the best out of him, dare i say it he seems abit too comfortable. We will be signing an 8/10 and possibly promoting Greenwood to the bench. I think that's where we will see Greenwood myself.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Watching highlights and noticed a few things about his goal.

First of all his 1st 2nd and 3rd touches were poor, careless even.

Secondly he was greedy again, after the first bad touch he had the opportunity to lay it off to Harrison who was in acres of space, he didnt.

Finally, Raph and Harrison were disgusted :lol:

They both had to compose themselves before running off to celebrate.

Pleased he got the goal but a lot of luck involved and it was actually a series of poor moments that caused it.

Hopefully give him some confidence going into the WBA game (he is guaranteed to play)
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Interesting the first time all season he places it to the keeper's side, rather than smashing it straight at him, he scores.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:00 am Watching highlights and noticed a few things about his goal.

First of all his 1st 2nd and 3rd touches were poor, careless even.

Secondly he was greedy again, after the first bad touch he had the opportunity to lay it off to Harrison who was in acres of space, he didnt.

Finally, Raph and Harrison were disgusted :lol:

They both had to compose themselves before running off to celebrate.

Pleased he got the goal but a lot of luck involved and it was actually a series of poor moments that caused it.

Hopefully give him some confidence going into the WBA game (he is guaranteed to play)
Noticed that in our celebrations Cjay.

Pleased Roberts got his PL goal, still can leave LUFC as there will be many better options in the marketplace this summer, an area of the pitch we need to improve on imo!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Pleased he got the goal, but he should have passed it out to Harrison first time. He need to be quicker of thought, but I understand why he's taken on the chances in the last two games.

That said Rodrigo took one on in the first half when the better ball was Harrison.