The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 17th May) Leeds destroy sorry Burnley

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 17th May) Leeds destroy sorry Burnley

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Monday 17th May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Leeds destroy sorry Burnley

Five star Leeds Utd ripped apart their Lancashire foes at Turf Moor Saturday lunchtime in a 4-0 rout. The result itself was satisfying enough, but once you add bragging rights, playing against three former players, and sour grapes from the Clarets, you can't blame Leeds fans for being a little smug!

A rejuvenated Mateusz Klich opening the scoring just before half time. His surging run from midfield failed to be closed down; and the Polish International bent a curling shot from 25 yards into the right hand corner past the helpless Bailey Peacock Farrell.

Burnley could have equalised early in the second half when Vydra capitalised on a rare defensive error. He found himself one on one with Meslier, but the Frenchman thwarted the Czech's effort with his out stretched leg.

The Whites doubled their lead on the hour mark. Jack Harrison's cheeky back heel from Alioski's initial effort left Peacock Farrell flat footed.

Jóhann Berg Gudmundsson had a chance to pull one back from a tight angle, but Meslier was equal to the task.

To rub salt into the wounds, Rodrigo would add a third on 77 minutes. Harrisons sublime pass found the Brazilian with his back to goal on the edge of the penalty area. He skips past two defenders before chipping the ball past BPF.

The rout was complete two minutes later with a goal of the season contender. Harrison latches on to Phillips fifty yards pass. Running at goal, he slots the ball into the path of Rodrigo who calmly rounds the keeper before firing home from an acute angle.

Bring on the Saints tomorrow night!

McNeil reports Alioski to FA

Burnley winger Dwight McNeil has reported Ezgjan Alioski to the FA for making an alleged racist gesture during Saturdays match at Turf Moor. The incident took place in the 70th minute after a challenge from the Burnley winger sent the North Macedonian sprawling. Alioski retaliated, and appeared to placed his hands behind his ears and pull strange faces at the mixed race player.

With so much hype over racism in football, its strange that none of the commentators highlighted the incident which was seen by millions of people around the World. Unfortunately for McNeil, the camera's also picked up on him spitting in Alioski's face, which due to obvious health concerns regarding Covid carries a criminal assault charge! I wonder whether this will be dealt with?

Fourth official Anthony Taylor made match referee Graham Scott aware of Alioski's face pulling, and brought Dyche and Bielsa together for a lengthy discussion.

Are we uncovering a massive undercurrent of racism that has gone unnoticed for years, and is only now being addressed or are we seeing political correctness reach colossal proportions spreading their anti racism slogans where they are either making little difference or perhaps don't exist? Shouldn't more money and effort be put into educating our children at an early age about race?

Could we soon be getting to the stage that we avoid other races, in fear that we may accidently upset them? A few years ago, would McNeil have got so upset about Alioski's face pulling?

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 17th May) Leeds destroy sorry Burnley

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning.

Great to start the week with three points.

Lets face it, if someone pulled a face like that to you, especially in a heated moment, you would probably chin him. Same the other way round,McNeill looks like he said something inflammatory to Ali.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Burnley

Apparently a bitter Westwood started a scrap with Raph in the tunnel after the game. If this is true, and I'm inclined to believe it is considering the circumstances, then it just goes to show the primeval, guttural culture of Dyche's League 2+ football. This time there were no excuses for them, nothing to blame except their own inadequacy and it all came out on the pitch.

They just showed themselves for what they are, growing increasingly aggressive as they tired and slowed and we ran circles around them. Bollocks to them, their glorified 80s throwbacks and their petulant tempter tantrums. They're on a downward trajectory as a club and hopefully they'll get relegated next season.

McNeil

What really infuriates me about this affair is not that it's being escalated as a matter of dry, clinical procedure without a lick of common sense applied at any stage, not that it's something that could wrongfully put a black mark on Alioski's career, not that it's a totally transparent and childish response to a childish action - but that it trivialises the whole idea of racial abuse and automatically makes everyone that much more sceptical of real incidents going forward.

McNeil has taken a serious matter and used it for his own petty purposes, and for that he should be ashamed.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Anyone know what Westwood’s beef was?
There Is Only One United.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:50 am Burnley

Apparently a bitter Westwood started a scrap with Raph in the tunnel after the game. If this is true, and I'm inclined to believe it is considering the circumstances, then it just goes to show the primeval, guttural culture of Dyche's League 2+ football. This time there were no excuses for them, nothing to blame except their own inadequacy and it all came out on the pitch.

They just showed themselves for what they are, growing increasingly aggressive as they tired and slowed and we ran circles around them. Bollocks to them, their glorified 80s throwbacks and their petulant tempter tantrums. They're on a downward trajectory as a club and hopefully they'll get relegated next season.

McNeil

What really infuriates me about this affair is not that it's being escalated as a matter of dry, clinical procedure without a lick of common sense applied at any stage, not that it's something that could wrongfully put a black mark on Alioski's career, not that it's a totally transparent and childish response to a childish action - but that it trivialises the whole idea of racial abuse and automatically makes everyone that much more sceptical of real incidents going forward.

McNeil has taken a serious matter and used it for his own petty purposes, and for that he should be ashamed.
Agree with every word of that Moth, well said!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

billysboots wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:15 am Anyone know what Westwood’s beef was?
The Oscars have already been awarded so his 'I've done nothing wrong' performance when he scythed down Raphinha was to no avail.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:50 am McNeil

Just as I was referring to on the Ali thread yesterday but not as eloquently spoken :tup:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:20 am The Oscars have already been awarded so his 'I've done nothing wrong' performance when he scythed down Raphinha was to no avail.
I thought they went to Alioski for his Jim Carrey biopic? :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

billysboots wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:15 am Anyone know what Westwood’s beef was?
Frustrated & angry because we were running rings round him & his teammates.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Burnley are an ageing side with 7 people in their team on Saturday aged 31.
Add this to the fact that they still play 80's style football, they're only heading in one direction unless wholesale changes are made.
Their players became more and more agitated as the game wore on because they were getting outplayed and couldn't cope with it.

If Alioski is charged with anything other than childish stupidity then it's official- the world has gone mad.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Good Morning Ladies & Gentleman, Man & Woman and just to be sure, anyone who identifies somewhere between the two.

Burnley:

Sore losers.... we created a nice unwanted piece of history for the club. And when you go into a game and start well and then be soundly beaten by a newly promoted side in their own backyard they couldn't take it from the manager all the way down, they felt inferior. Except for CT but we created him in our image. :P
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:29 am Good Morning Ladies & Gentleman, Man & Woman and just to be sure, anyone who identifies somewhere between the two.

What about us aliens from the planet Zog then, you alienist you! 😜
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Morning troops, I’ve been basking in that result all weekend, what a great time to be Leeds.

Regarding Alioski, the country appears to be full of four-year-old racists. I fear for the future.

Tarkowski, Westwood and McNeil were exposed for the limited, unimaginative and Luddite imitations of PL players they really are, and will be plying their trade in the lower leagues again soon enough. I hope Raphinha chinned Westwood in the tunnel.

Earlier in the season I thought Rodrigo was carrying a bit of excess weight, but now he looks like superman, Marcelo’s training regime has had the usual beneficial effect.

Finally, I saw somewhere that getting to the final of the Europa Mickey Conference adds 15 games to the season, 17 if you don’t win your group. I think we’d be happy to allow a competitor that opportunity, it could be the difference between a great second season and struggling.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:09 am Morning troops, I’ve been basking in that result all weekend, what a great time to be Leeds.

Regarding Alioski, the country appears to be full of four-year-old racists. I fear for the future.

Tarkowski, Westwood and McNeil were exposed for the limited, unimaginative and Luddite imitations of PL players they really are, and will be plying their trade in the lower leagues again soon enough. I hope Raphinha chinned Westwood in the tunnel.

Earlier in the season I thought Rodrigo was carrying a bit of excess weight, but now he looks like superman, Marcelo’s training regime has had the usual beneficial effect.

Finally, I saw somewhere that getting to the final of the Europa Mickey Conference adds 15 games to the season, 17 if you don’t win your group. I think we’d be happy to allow a competitor that opportunity, it could be the difference between a great second season and struggling.
Good points all. Didn't even consider that about Rodders but now you mention it he does look much leaner and quicker.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

He thought Raphinha made a meal over the tackle. Fair play to Llorente, as if to say you better not!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:50 am Burnley

McNeil

Didn't they have an issue when Westwood thought Raph went down too easily,and Westwood made a bee line towards RaPH, but Llorente wasn't having any of it....
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I saw Raph go after him after the game it looked like Raph was unhappy that Westwood tried to injure him.

I suppose after what happened to Raph at Man City he has a point.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa