Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Today's Games

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Sheffiled United beating Everton 1-0

8th could still be on the cards!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lorimer46 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:05 pm In terms of drama that one today is almost up there with the one by Jimmy Glass that saved Carlisle from relegation on the final day of the season
I remember that, Lorimer.

My Uncle Derrick was huge Carlisle United fan & of course he was there for that eventful day.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lorimer46 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:05 pm In terms of drama that one today is almost up there with the one by Jimmy Glass that saved Carlisle from relegation on the final day of the season
Yep looks like when Mess does his , to outshine that one it will have to be an overhead kick... :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:34 pm Sheffiled United beating Everton 1-0

8th could still be on the cards!
Could Leeds qualify for the Europa Cup finishing 8th in the PL bearing in mind Chelsea (EFL Cup Winners) & Leicester (FA Cup Winners) may both qualify for the Champions League. Also if Manure win their Europa Cup Final does that open up another place as they have already qualified for the CL too.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

1964white wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:47 pm Could Leeds qualify for the Europa Cup finishing 8th in the PL bearing in mind Chelsea (EFL Cup Winners) & Leicester (FA Cup Winners) may both qualify for the Champions League. Also if Manure win their Europa Cup Final does that open up another place as they have already qualified for the CL too.

Beleive we are still limited to 8 teams overall. 7th would get you in the UEFA Conference
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

1964white wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:47 pm Could Leeds qualify for the Europa Cup finishing 8th in the PL bearing in mind Chelsea (EFL Cup Winners) & Leicester (FA Cup Winners) may both qualify for the Champions League. Also if Manure win their Europa Cup Final does that open up another place as they have already qualified for the CL too.

Stolen from Twitter...

- We have to beat Southampton AND West Brom
- West Ham have to lose to both West Brom and Southampton
- Arsenal have to get no more than 3 points from Crystal Palace and Brighton
- Everton have to get no more than 3 points from Wolves and Man City
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:00 pm Stolen from Twitter...

- We have to beat Southampton AND West Brom
- West Ham have to lose to both West Brom and Southampton
- Arsenal have to get no more than 3 points from Crystal Palace and Brighton
- Everton have to get no more than 3 points from Wolves and Man City
Interesting Adam :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Ancelotti is so overrated, losing to Heckaday ffs. :lol: I haven't heard one word of criticism about him this season, despite the fact he hasn't improved Everton at all and they play worse football than Burnley.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Hopefully Heckaday gets the blunts job next season :tup:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:43 pm Ancelotti is so overrated, losing to Heckaday ffs. :lol: I haven't heard one word of criticism about him this season, despite the fact he hasn't improved Everton at all and they play worse football than Burnley.
Have to agree SG...terrible manager given the players he has available...that said I have always said that Everton are a difficult club to manage, terrible supporters who for some strange reason seem to perpetually attack their own.
Last edited by Smudge3920 on Sun May 16, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:59 pm Have to agree SG...terrible manager given the players he has available...that said I have always said that Everton are a difficult club to manage, terrible supporters who for some strange reason have seem to perpetually attack their own.
Most deluded fanbase in the country imo!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I remember that as well. I was gutted. Scarborough were my little team. I remember Sky cameras with the Scarborough players who thought they were safe when that Jimmy Glass goal went in. Despair as it knocked Scarborough out of the football League and within no time at all the club went out of business. jimmy Glass wasn't even their player, he was on loan which made matters worse. I've hated Carsilse ever since. (I still have a Scarborough scarf, you had to order them as a little old lady made them to order on her knitting machine.....)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Do you really want us to qualify for Europe this year as you've said yourself that travelling abroad for footy matches is ridiculous in the current climate of Covid....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:10 pm Do you really want us to qualify for Europe this year as you've said yourself that travelling abroad for footy matches is ridiculous in the current climate of Covid....
Also have concerns how the Europa Cup could affect our PL form as our squad is not big enough to cope with both competitions. Europe would mean our season starting in mid-July, we're not ready yet!

You only have to look how West Ham & Wolves standing in the PL was affected due to an extended season, the Hammers were in a relegation battle last season.

So the sensible answer is no.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:39 pm Also have concerns how the Europa Cup could affect our PL form as our squad is not big enough to cope with both competitions. Europe would mean our season starting in mid-July, we're not ready yet!

You only have to look how West Ham & Wolves standing in the PL was affected due to an extended season, the Hammers were in a relegation battle last season.

Agree :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Play-offs

Bournemouth v Brentford (6pm)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jansson back in the Brentford squad in the last few games
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:58 pm Hopefully Heckaday gets the blunts job next season :tup:
That would be awesome as the Blunts will truly be on the Highway To Hell with Hecky at the wheel :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:39 pm Play-offs

Bournemouth v Brentford (6pm)
Stream if anybody needs one: http://liveonscore.tv/soccer-streams/en ... ord/22800/
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:39 pm Also have concerns how the Europa Cup could affect our PL form as our squad is not big enough to cope with both competitions. Europe would mean our season starting in mid-July, we're not ready yet!

Hey Leon,

I'd be more than happy if we could make Europe this season, but believe it's very unlikely.

I'm of the opinion that it would be great for the players confidence and development.

I keep hearing about the burn-out factor being a myth, and we're the fittest team on the planet/history of football, so if that is the case then a few more fixtures and murderball sessions for the lads should be absolutely no problem, shouldn't it? ;-)