Leeds Utd v West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Pablo Hernandez and Gaetano Berardi start in their final game

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Pablo Hernandez and Gaetano Berardi start in their final game

Post by mothbanquet »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:54 pm It looked like the red mist had descended Leon.
Clearly motivated by his mistake that let West Brom get their consolation. He's a smart lad though and still young, I'm sure he'll learn from that and no doubt Bielsa will do his bit to ensure he does.

In the meantime am I the only one who thinks that with plenty of time to recover till pre-season starts, it may end up being a blessing in disguise? Not keen on the Euros going ahead as is given the current situations and he may well have picked up an even worse injury during the competition. Pure conjecture I know, but still.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Pablo Hernandez and Gaetano Berardi start in their final game

Post by 1964white »

My god how much noise our 8000 fans make, great atmosphere :scar1
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:26 am My god how much noise our 8000 fans make, great atmosphere :scar1
Had the Fulham v Newcastle game on at the same time, you could hear a pin drop there. Different situations I know but surely after not being able to attend for so long you'd make the most of the occasion? :duno:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:23 am Clearly motivated by his mistake that let West Brom get their consolation. He's a smart lad though and still young, I'm sure he'll learn from that and no doubt Bielsa will do his bit to ensure he does.

In the meantime am I the only one who thinks that with plenty of time to recover till pre-season starts, it may end up being a blessing in disguise? Not keen on the Euros going ahead as is given the current situations and he may well have picked up an even worse injury during the competition. Pure conjecture I know, but still.
Not on your own at all - I know it’s selfish and kalvin would learn a lot by playing at international level but from a Leeds pre season rest perspective every cloud and all that
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:42 am Had the Fulham v Newcastle game on at the same time, you could hear a pin drop there. Different situations I know but surely after not being able to attend for so long you'd make the most of the occasion? :duno:
The atmosphere & chants sounds louder on the telly, maybe I'm use to 36,000 crowds at ER when the noise makes the hairs on your back stand up.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

KP missing out on the Euros....

I'd love him to go. It would make him a better player.
Same as will any of the rest who go.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Enjoyed that second time around.

Raphinha is so quick when you see him live, hadn't realise he wears his shorts rolled up, short like footballers use to wear many moons ago

Sad day for Pablo & Gaetano, some wonderful play from Hernandez....pass of the day to Dallas in the 1st half, shame the penalty didn't occur whilst he was still on the pitch.

Alioski had another fine game

A mare 3 minutes for Kalvin, otherwise he had a very good game.

Love seeing our board of directors sitting in the West Stand wearing Leeds shirts :-D