The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 2nd June) - Perraud deal off the cards for Leeds?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 2nd June) - Perraud deal off the cards for Leeds?

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 2nd June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Perraud deal on brink of collapse

Leeds pursuit of Stade Brest left back Romain Perraud is on the brink of collapse after it was revealed that both clubs have been unable to agree a fee for the former French U20 International. The Pirates believe their star player is worth between 15-18m, whilst Leeds Director of football refutes this as Perraud has only played in the French top tier for two seasons, and is yet to senior call up! It is believe Leeds are prepared to pay 10-12m for the 23yo.

€40m price tag slapped on Cunha

Leeds have been told they will have to shell out 40 million euros if they want to land Brazilian forward Matheus Cunha this summer. Given the state of play with negotiations over Perraud, surely this spells the end of their interest in him.

Hertha Berlin's newly-appointed sporting director has taken the opportunity to slap the astronomical figure on his prized asset to scare away competition. They signed the 22yo, 18 months ago from Leipzig for 16m. This term, Cunha has registered 7 goals and four assists in 27 appearances.

Cunha wants to represent Brazil at the Olympics in the summer. If that happens, he will miss out on some essential pre-season training. However, it would not rule a move out.

Monaco, Atalanta and Napoli are also closely monitoring the situation.

Liverpool in hunt for Raphinha

Liverpool have tested Leeds resolve by making an initial 32m offer for Raphinha. Fortunately, this is not the Leeds of old, where they would fold, and part with their star players a la Kewell for next to nothing. The news was greeted with contempt by Leeds fans up and down the Country on social media. Liverpool, if you're looking for a bargain, you're not going to get one from Elland Road!

Orta turns attention to Spain for a left back

Victor Orta has turned his attention to North East Spain in his pursuit of a left back. Javi Galan currently applies his trade with Huesca, who recently suffered relegation from La Liga. The 26yo is well known for his dribbling skills as well as well as being versatile down the left flank. Although his stats cannot match that of Perraud, Galan's release clause following relegation is just 3.5m.

He's a very physical player that won't get bullied by forwards.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 2nd June) Perraud deal on brink of collapse

Post by Cjay »

Romain Perraud

Highly rated young player whose just been named in the Team of the Year in a fairly strong European league and is on the brink of an international call up to one of the top national sides? I have to say i think Brest have every right to demand £15-18mil based on that, we simply aren't going to get every target cheap. Whether we pay it is up to us but same as De Paul last summer i don't think that price is unreasonable.

Matheus Cunha

Seems fair to me again, versatile, proven himself playing for a weak side in a strong league, young, attacking player which always costs a premium. Cant see us paying it but again it doesn't seem unreasonable.

Raphinha

Very arrogant these Liverpool fans in general, think that Raph is a done deal bless them. Financially speaking we have just added an investor to the board who heads up his families investment fund and whose family wealth is anywhere between £3.7 and £5billion. Lota of clubs have wealthy investors but luckily for us ours is a childhood fan of the club. What that means is just with the Lowy families support we have a financial backer whose wealth can only be surpassed by 5 or 6 other clubs (Liverpool arent one of them) and then throw in the York family (presuming Jed coming signified his family were taking a greater interest) and Radz himself and financially speaking aside from Man City and Chelsea we are the best financially supported club in the league. The idea that we could be bullied by Liverpool is a joke. The just spent £35mil on an injury prone cb so they themselves set a price tag marker. Raph is going nowhere this summer and will cost well over £50mil which Liverpool wouldn't pay.

Javi Galan.

Never heard of him.
Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 2nd June) - Perraud deal off the cards for Leeds?

Post by Leeds1000 »

If Raph performs well again next season he becomes one of the most desirable players in the PL for me. The club should be looking to extend his contract already imo. If he has another good season that will probably be peak value for him, half way through his 4 year contract.
dester23
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 2nd June) - Perraud deal off the cards for Leeds?

Post by dester23 »

Javi Galán is better than Perraud.
Best left back this season in la liga shared with Jordi Alba
for only 3.5 million we should sign him
the only con is the new format to get a working permit
mothbanquet

Post by mothbanquet »

I'm liking the sound of this. It doesn't sound like we're prepared to pay through the nose or get taken to the cleaners - when it's not worth the risk, anyway. As Dester says, Galan is far more Premier League-ready and an absolute steal at that price considering he's in his prime.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

This is another world for us Leeds fans.

If we surpass or even equal last summer signings of Koch, Llorente, Raphinha & Rodrigo I'll be over the moon.

:-D :-D :-D
mothbanquet

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:33 am This is another world for us Leeds fans.

If we surpass or even equal last summer signings of Koch, Llorente, Raphinha & Rodrigo I'll be over the moon.

:-D :-D :-D
Those three were enough to take us from the top of the Championship to the top half of the Prem. Won't take much to get us into Europe at this rate.
hector

Post by hector »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:41 am Those three were enough to take us from the top of the Championship to the top half of the Prem. Won't take much to get us into Europe at this rate.
Erm......... have a count... oris that too difficult?? ;-)

But even in my doddering state... it comes to 4 :) :) :)
Hissing Sid is innocent!!!
mothbanquet

Post by mothbanquet »

hector wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:37 am Erm......... have a count... oris that too difficult?? ;-)

But even in my doddering state... it comes to 4 :) :) :)
I'm impressed, didn't think pongos could count that high... :)
hector

Post by hector »

Sod off Sailor boy :P :P

:)
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Rumours, rumours and more rumours..
I get fed up with them.
hector

Post by hector »

Haighy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:09 am Rumours, rumours and more rumours..
I get fed up with them.
Same as mate....

And to be honest 99% of the names I have never heard of, and also 99.9% of the time, none of the names linked with us end up here....

So I generally ignore all speculation, and just wait for the press release..
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

hector wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:25 am Same as mate....

And to be honest 99% of the names I have never heard of, and also 99.9% of the time, none of the names linked with us end up here....

So I generally ignore all speculation, and just wait for the press release..
Same here Hector.
I hate the close season with a passion.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden