Didn't he go to a England game as well?
As I do

Didn't he go to a England game as well?
As I do



I don't know.

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: ↑Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:44 am Large leggings should be banned as it makes my eyes bad![]()


You don't know. Thankyou for being honest! Something produced in record time, that as far as i can see has had very little impact of the confidence of anyone over 50 to live life normally again makes you wonder why doesn't it? And lets not forget the associated symptoms with the vaccines are in some cases greater than the risk of Covid. You take your chances i guess.Mountain wrote: ↑Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:04 am I don't know.
When I went for a hernia op, I don't know if the doctor was trying to cure me.
When my wife's mum went for cancer treatment, I didn't question it.
When my eldest daughter was born 6 weeks premature and spent days in neonatal, I didn't challenge her treatment.
Because I understand that I have no expertise in these areas, and I have to take the advice of my GP, the Consultants etc. And if I don't and the consequences are catastrophic, well I have taken that risk.

We know a large proportion of deaths occurred in a care home setting. Sheltering the elderly and vulnerable from the start until the vaccines were available may have resulted in more immunity and less disruption and death? I haven't followed the Sweden for a while tbh but i heard someone say they don't wear masks in schools and if a child gets ill they just send the one child home not the entire class. Its looks like the pingdemic is the government passing the buck on lockdown.whiteroseboy wrote: ↑Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:10 am Herd immunity hasn't worked in my view
The Swedish model of herd immunity.
Sweden has had just under 1500 deaths per 1 million and I'm sure some will quote ours is just under 1900.
However when you factor in the UKs population density which I believe allows viruses to spread easier(we are highest of all European countries with large populations). Only Monaco, Vatican City, Malta & San Marino are higher than England. Netherlands & Belgium are higher if you say UK (and the small European section of turkey).
So unless you think population density doesn't effect spread the Swedish herd immunity theory is flawed.
To be more accurate compare Swedens Herd immunity results with their close neighbours that followed lockdown rules.
Denmark less than 500 deaths per 1 million.
Finland less than 200 deaths per 1 million.
Norway less than 150 deaths per 1 million.
Swedens almost 1,500 deaths don't look a great success.
Oh and Brazil also went the herd immunity route and have well passed half a million deaths (over 2,500 per million).

Do you really know about the production time of vaccines.

It was produced in record time its a well known fact isn't it?Mountain wrote: ↑Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:43 am Do you really know about the production time of vaccines.
Really?
What are your credentials in the area, maybe list the vaccines you have been involved in producing and the timelines. If you have written any papers in the area, better still. I don't know, so I'll bow to anyone who does, because all I see are spoofers who just google and cherry pick info and, most amusingly, don't even recognise that they don't know and they lack the expertise to assess and analyse the information in the area. It's all as useful as me standing with quantum physicists around the Hadron Collider and saying "you're doing it all wrong lads".


Firstly it wasn't a video it was a photo of the poor man who lost his life to covid which was featured on our local news.rab_rant wrote: ↑Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:12 pm I find it rather duplicitous that you post this video as a warning that this can happen to people who don't get a vaccine, yet you have no sympathy for his demise. It is plainly an act of confirmation bias on your part. Posting things that agree with your point of view.
Regardless of the tragedy in his life and in the lives of his family this piece of writing could be construed as propaganda for vaccination, with references to him being a gentle giant, being full of regret and remorse. It tugs at our heartstrings and plays on our sympathies and acts as a warning. We are supposed to feel contrite and mend our foolish ways. We had better comply or this tragedy might happen to us. Fear mongering none less
Basically it is saying don't be foolish like this man get yourself vaccinated. Call me cynical but to make everyone feel compassion for this man's tragedy, and the heartache his family must feel, and at the same time be so dismissive of his death, reeks of twisted manipulation.
Let's now turn our attention to vaccine adverse event reporting system (vaers from the CDC)... something that deals in hardcore facts, let's talk blood clots,
myocarditis and pericarditis, let's talk cytokine storms, things that people who have taken the vaccine may have to deal with, now and in the future. We hardly ever hear that side of the story, and it is dismissed as fear mongering.
I wonder how all the vaccinated people would feel if there was continual reporting of vaccine adverse events, would it make them reconsider their choice, would there be videos saying I wish I had never taken the vaccine?
I have seen such traumatic videos but I would never think to post them on here, because of the sensitivities of those who have been vaccinated.
Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

We never seem to get concrete daily/weekly figures on those illnesses or how old or young people are dying from covid MJ.Mick Jones shoulder wrote: ↑Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:40 pm I couldn't careless either way if I'm honest, but would you like to produce figures on deaths caused by the vaccines please..
While we are at it deaths caused by heart disease, obesity and cancer would be nice too.
By the way I'm vaccinated because I'd like to travel simple.

The surgery I have been waiting for for over a year has been cancelled twice now , waiting for my 3rd appointment , maybe 3rd time lucky we will see

Good luck Smudge.Smudge3920 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:40 pm The surgery I have been waiting for for over a year has been cancelled twice now , waiting for my 3rd appointment , maybe 3rd time lucky we will see![]()
.........



As you say it's way too early to come to any conclusion. This probably takes years to play out. One of my favourite historian quotes is when asked the socio economic effects of the Napoleonic War a respected historian in around 1985 said it was way too soon to tellNorm wrote: ↑Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:00 pm One thing I think could have happened with the Swedish approach - not that I'm claiming any expertise or knowledge - is that with their open approach, most of their population may have been exposed to the virus and their future death rate may come down as the natural process plays out.
I admit I have no facts on whether my hypothesis is correct, but I'm just trying to think logically of the possibility that what I have said could be true.![]()