The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 23rd August) Honours even at Elland Road

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
billysboots
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1491
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
Location: N.Ireland

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 23rd August) Honours even at Elland Road

Post by billysboots »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:19 pm 14 seasons.

And yes I couldn't see us reaching the PL in my lifetime until the arrival of Marcelo :tup:
Maybe we are starting to forget the wilderness years already?
There Is Only One United.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 23rd August) Honours even at Elland Road

Post by 1964white »

billysboots wrote: ↑Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:43 pm Maybe we are starting to forget the wilderness years already?
It felt like 20 years.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 23rd August) Honours even at Elland Road

Post by 1964white »

Don't forget Leeds v Spurs U23's from TA on LUTV at 4pm today
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17184
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 23rd August) Honours even at Elland Road

Post by Irish Ian »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:42 am Probably more frustration on my part, not the only one thinking like that though, I'm more than grateful for what he's achieved thus far, I've seen the United greats and flops over t' years, and I'm honestly happy as for what the fella has/is doing.
But....his arrogance is staggering, annoys me no end, I said he should have been sacked for allowing villa to score 2 seasons ago, no-one , absolutely no-one is bigger than the club, but this man thinks he can do what he wants, its working at the moment, but, when it goes tits up, if we start struggling it wont take long for fans to turn, we've seen it before and we'll see it again.
To re-cap; I appreciate everything we've achieved so far under him, but stagnating with a threadbare squad isnt what I want for my team, sure it takes time and I would'nt want us to re-visit the ridsdale era either, but, every man and his dog knows we are crying out for a creative midfielder for one, we have players whom MB puts his trust in, yet we know they wont cut it, but his "my way or no way" attitude will cost him/us in the end.
I'll be Leeds forever, long after the the dust has settled in argentina.
United we stand.
It is pretty obvious you carry some sort of resentment against a manager who has done more for this club than any of us ever dreamed of.
Can I ask you why you mention his nationality?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17184
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 23rd August) Honours even at Elland Road

Post by Irish Ian »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:38 pm One thing Marcelo is not, is arrogant. Focused, determined, single minded maybe, but I don't believe for an instant that any of his decisions are based on thinking he's bigger than the club.
Like
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79067
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 23rd August) Honours even at Elland Road

Post by The Subhuman »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:38 pm One thing Marcelo is not, is arrogant. Focused, determined, single minded maybe, but I don't believe for an instant that any of his decisions are based on thinking he's bigger than the club.
He's probably autistic to some degree and I can identify with that. He thinks outside the box. He can stay as long as he wants for me.

I'm happy to disagree with him over Bamford over Rodrigo, not using the kids when needed and playing with the smallest first team squad he can but end of the day it's his call and he gets it right 75% of the time which is remarkable
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19702
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 23rd August) Honours even at Elland Road

Post by weasel »

WhiteRose wrote: ↑Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:30 am Was just thinking the same, love to know whose favourite he was.

Just reading Connor Gallagher comments on why he chose palace:

“There has been a lot of tactical sessions – team-wise. I have not been here too long, but I have got the whole season to learn from him.”
“Obviously he was a top player back in the day and he is a top manager as well, so I am very excited to work with him this season.”

No doubting viera was a top player, couldn’t say with his career so far he is anywhere near being considered a top manager. Basically knew he would walk in to the first team from day one and didn’t fancy the effort required at Leeds.
Gallacher's decision reminds me of that winger who chose to go to Lampard's Derby (from Brentford) instead of coming to us so he could learn from Lampard. Not sure what he is doing now not heard anything about him for over 2 1/2 seasons.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 23rd August) Honours even at Elland Road

Post by mentalcase »

Irish Ian wrote: ↑Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:40 pm It is pretty obvious you carry some sort of resentment against a manager who has done more for this club than any of us ever dreamed of.
Can I ask you why you mention his nationality?
Something to do with the Falklands Ian.
Like ive said many times, I'm frustrated, very frustrated with some of his decisions, maybe they're not his decisions and things are beyond his control !
I'm more than happy with him at the helm, but I'm just voicing my frustrations / opinions.
As i've also said, be careful what we wish for.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 23rd August) Honours even at Elland Road

Post by 1964white »

Not many have LUTV on here?
Post Reply