Shock !. It is such a good album, though. As many of the Unplugged series are.
Album of 1984 (Round 3) - RESULT
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: Album of 1993 - BB to VOTE
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
Evanescence - Fallen
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Album of 1993 - BB to VOTE
It is a very good album even the I didn't vote for it, just pipped arguably my favourite album of the 90's.
I blame the young lady with her late vote, I was hoping BB would give it three points, I would have taken a draw
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Album of 2003 - Nominate Now
Album of 2003
Nominate Now
The Rapture 'Echoes' Faaip
Joss Stone 'The Soul Sessions' White Riot
Outkast 'Speakerboxxx/The Love Below' 1304
Super Furry Animals ‘Phantom Power’ Cat
Explosions in the Sky 'The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place' SG
LFO 'Sheath' Mountain
Evanescence 'Fallen' Gandi
Nominate Now
The Rapture 'Echoes' Faaip
Joss Stone 'The Soul Sessions' White Riot
Outkast 'Speakerboxxx/The Love Below' 1304
Super Furry Animals ‘Phantom Power’ Cat
Explosions in the Sky 'The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place' SG
LFO 'Sheath' Mountain
Evanescence 'Fallen' Gandi
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
How do we think the Rapture is going to go?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6704
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
Abstaining from 2003, thanks
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- Johnboy1965
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 812
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 am
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
Radiohead 'Hail To The Thief'
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
Excellent album, kicks off with Olio which is a particular favourite, there's a lot of the Cure in there.
The Postal Service would probably be my #2 on the year
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7493
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
Drive by truckers - decoration day. Good ol ’ Southern boy redneck rocking, yeehaa !
Skip the first track though and go straight to track 2, and don’t forget the moonshine
Skip the first track though and go straight to track 2, and don’t forget the moonshine
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7493
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
So I’m going through listening to the nominations and I asked Siri to play the OutKast album.
Siri said “are you sure?”
After 5 minutes I know what she meant .
Nil pwant from OB I’m afraid.
Siri said “are you sure?”
After 5 minutes I know what she meant .
Nil pwant from OB I’m afraid.
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
In another massive act of self-sabotage I will go for
William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops I - IV
Particular poignant and pertinent to this time of year.
Some details (needless to say, this won't be for everyone):
https://crackmagazine.net/article/long- ... ow-motion/
William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops I - IV
Particular poignant and pertinent to this time of year.
Some details (needless to say, this won't be for everyone):
https://crackmagazine.net/article/long- ... ow-motion/

- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
The Shins Chutes Too Narrow
- onemoreslogan
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 815
- Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
I'm gonna go with:
Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It in People
Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It in People
- billie1
- First Team

- Posts: 1299
- Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:13 pm
- Location: Gloucestershire
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
Pass on this occasion please ‘64
- Johnboy1965
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 812
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 am
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
Difficult choice here but I'll go with
Starsailor- Silence is Easy
Starsailor- Silence is Easy
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
3 for me so far including the Be Good Tanya's need 2 more to make up a 5 ..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Haighy
- First Team

- Posts: 2077
- Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 am
Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!
Iron Maiden. Dance of Death