Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread/ Bielsa Unhappy!

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread/ Bielsa Unhappy!

Post by Ellandback1 »

Friday 17th September 20:00 | St James Park

St James Park will be packed to the rafters on Friday evening when Leeds are the visitors to Newcastle's infamous Stadium. Although early on in their campaigns, both sides find themselves at the wrong end of the table, desperate for three points which will propel them clear of the drop zone. Leeds will be without defensive trio Struijk, Llorente and Koch. Struijk's appeal against his three game ban was unsuccessful. He is also set to miss the visit to Craven Cottage in the League Cup and the home game against West Ham. Llorente and Koch's respective injuries are described as minor, though both miss out on Friday night.

Whilst many would like to see Charlie Cresswell makes his Senior League debut, Bielsa will switch Ayling to centre back, with either Dallas at right back. If Newcastle go two up top, Kalvin Phillips is likely to drop back into a three man defence. After a poor start to his campaign, Rodrigo's gets the nod ahead of Tyler Roberts in the Bo.10 role. The £30m record signing was replaced at half-time in favour of Tyler Roberts against Liverpool. Mateusz Klich will slot back into midfield alongside. Dan James will also make his first start, Jack Harrison missing out due to Covid.

Newcastle will again be without the services of Martin Dubravka, Jonjo Shelvey and Elliott Anderson on Friday through injury, while Callum Wilson remains a major doubt due to a thigh problem. The Magpies welcome back Federico Fernandez and Fabian Schar to their defensive line up, allowing Isaac Hayden to return to midfield. Joe Willock, Paul Dummett, Ryan Frazer, Manquillo and Ciaran Clark are all carrying knocks and will be assessed closer to kick off. Karl Darlow is expected to replace Freddie Woodman between the sticks.

Expect blood, sweat, tears and plenty of free flowing as two of the Country's most fanatic supporters go head to head.

Leeds Starting XI
Meslier, Dallas, Ayling, Cooper, Firpo, 3Phillips, Raphinha, Klich, Rodrigo, James, Bamford

Subs: Roberts, Klaesson, Cresswell, Summerville, McKinstry, Greenwood, McCarron, Shackleton, Kenneh

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Day Thread

Post by 1964white »

I'm going to this game, will be watching from the sky :lol:

At least we are not crammed in like sardines as we are at ER, plenty of legroom when I need my half-time sit down, so much room there it's like sitting in a reclining chair :-D
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Fear not folks Radz has just tweeted that we have three new signings to call upon, he popped his head in the medical room and discovered that Forshaw, Koch n Llorente are making amazing progress.

Barring any unforeseen setbacks they should all be available sometime in 2025.

Awesome news Radz :tup: :ok:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:49 pm I'm going to this game, will be watching from the sky :lol:

At least we are not crammed in like sardines as we are at ER, plenty of legroom when I need my half-time sit down, so much room there it's like sitting in a reclining chair :-D
The air gets a bit thin up there mate, so you might need some oxygen with you. It'll come in handy when Cooper starts with the shirt pulling ;-)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:40 pm The air gets a bit thin up there mate, so you might need some oxygen with you. It'll come in handy when Cooper starts with the shirt pulling ;-)
Or when the maskless masses start coughing, sneezing and cheering all around you.....
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

You're a riot white riot
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:38 pm Fear not folks Radz has just tweeted that we have three new signings to call upon, he popped his head in the medical room and discovered that Forshaw, Koch n Llorente are making amazing progress.

Barring any unforeseen setbacks they should all be available sometime in 2025.

Awesome news Radz :tup: :ok:
You couldn't make it up mate :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:40 pm The air gets a bit thin up there mate, so you might need some oxygen with you. It'll come in handy when Cooper starts with the shirt pulling ;-)
I'll be wearing my mask unlike the majority of football fans, hope I don't collaspe with the thin air :lol: stood there helplessly watching our back four defending like chumps through my telescope :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:47 pm Or when the maskless masses start coughing, sneezing and cheering all around you.....
I'll be masked Swannie maybe double masked.

Jill won't come near me when I return home :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hey if the cameras pan on the Leeds fans, at least you'll recognise me :geek:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:47 pm I'll be wearing my mask unlike the majority of football fans, hope I don't collaspe with the thin air ;-)

I'll be stood there helplessly watching our back four defending like chumps through my telescope :-D
It's a wonder Ashley hasn't installed them PPV telescopes that used to be on the piers, 3 seconds for a quid :)

Then again you wouldn't wanna scope Broocie's bonce, you could be scarred for life mate, at least he makes me feel very handsome :love:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:52 pm Hey if the cameras pan on the Leeds fans, at least you'll recognise me :geek:
That should be easy enough Leon, with your mask and binocs :)

Just make sure you don't go anywhere near their training ground, cos you'll be arrested, slagged off by Gobby on Talksport, and the FA will have Bielsa up on a disrepute charge ;-)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:50 pm

Jill won't come near me when I return home :(
Dont blame her :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:56 pm It's a wonder Ashley hasn't installed them PPV telescopes that used to be on the piers, 3 seconds for a quid :)

Then again you wouldn't wanna scope Broocie's bonce, you could be scarred for life mate, at least he makes me feel very handsome :love:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier
Shackleton
Ayling
Cooper
Firpo
Phillips
Dallas
Raphinha
Harrison
Rodrigo
Bamford
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:39 am Meslier
Shackleton
Ayling
Cooper
Firpo
Phillips
Dallas
Raphinha
Harrison
Rodrigo
Bamford
Surely Klich in the team if he has recovered from Covid??
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure if he has, but he's a candidate to play 10 I guess
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not the side I would pick btw but that's the team I think MB will go with
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I just hope Newcastle are worse than we are right now, i genuinely struggle to see us keeping a clean sheet at the minute with another makeshift defence. I thought we were going to be comfortable this season at CB and here we are again with only Coops available out of the 4. Will it be Shack in at RB or will Mr versatile cover another position? We need Klich back if ready.

This is a pivotal game already to gain some momentum.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Shackleton is best as a box to box midfielder imo so if anyone should move to RB it should be Dallas. Put Shackleton in midfield.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden