The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 21st September) Bielsa to mix things up for Cottagers visit

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 21st September) Bielsa to mix things up for Cottagers visit

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 21st September, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Bielsa to mix things up for Cottagers visit

There are a lot of absentees for Leeds United at Fulham tonight with Koch, Llorente, Ayling, Harrison all ruled out. Patrick Bamford also took a knock in the second half at Newcastle and is not expected to play. Forshaw has a chance of featuring though. Jamie Shackleton, Adam Forshaw, Crysencio Summerville, Dan James and even Charlie Cresswell are all expected to be including in the starting line up at Craven Cottage this evening. It could be a chance for in form striker Joe Gelhardt to start following his brace against Liverpool U23a but Elland Road sources claim that Tyler Roberts will instead occupy the number nine role.

Expected line up: Meslier, Shackleton, Cresswell, Cooper, Firpo, Forshaw, Klich, Dallas, James, Summerville, Roberts

Anxious wait on Ayling

Leeds face an anxious wait to find out whether Luke Ayling has suffered knee ligament damage during the closing stages of last Friday nights clash at St James Park. Should the versatile defender have damaged his Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL - The ligament, located in the centre of the knee, that controls rotation and forward movement of the tibia), he could be sidelined for most of the season! Former player, and Leeds Utd Foundation Officer Noel Whelan expressed his concern...

We are already struggling with centre-halves. Ayling’s didn’t look the worst to me at the time. He just came in and blocked a challenge, that dangling leg just got caught. It looked like he may have tweaked a knee ligament, which would be the last thing Bielsa needs. They will have a look and hopefully it isn’t too bad.

Leeds should have been awarded penalty - Gallagher

Veteran referee, now pundit Dermot Gallagher has stated that Leeds should have been awarded a penalty for Joe Willock’s challenge on Dan James last Friday night at St James Park. The 64 year old ex Premier League referee was asked whether the Toon were lucky to escape a spot kick, to which Gallagher replied...

I think Mike Dean thinks Dan James has run into Willock. I think maybe he’s too close and doesn’t have a clear view. I think it’s a foul and penalty – he puts the ball by, and there, Willock goes in and stops him. I think that’s as high on the tolerance level before the VAR reviews.

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 21st September) Bielsa to mix things up for Cottagers visit

Post by lufc1304 »

Surely Gelhardt gets a run out at some point tonight, full of confidence, scoring great goals and works hard too. Though I wonder if Rodrigo goes to 9, maybe grab a goal and help his confidence a bit?

Gallagher was right, nailed on penalty
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 21st September) Bielsa to mix things up for Cottagers visit

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I would say your expected lineup looks probable Elland, I hope Gelhardt gets a chance at some point during the game, his confidence must be sky high at the moment. Not confident about the result though with a weakened team in London against Fulham who have started the season well, it’s all pointing to another tough cup tie.

Ayling out for the season, I hope not! Although, we have the possibility of Dallas, Shackleton or even Cody Drameh as cover.

Re the Dan James’ penalty incident, as I’ve asked before - what is the point of VAR?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Good morning EB et all

Normally I'm not that bothered about the Cups as Bielsa doesn't seem that arsed about them but this season like many I was hoping for us to have a bit of a Cup run, plus more chance of getting match tickets for the Cup games, my lads and I have decided to get to as many Cup games as possible this season.

So hoping for a good result tonight (watching on IPTV not attending) I get we may put out a "weakened" team due to injuries etc... but read that Fulham have some issues also so we need to be telling the incoming players this is their chance to shine and push for the first team, there's injuries in the squad which means there's positions that need filling garb it with both hands and make the players coming back from injury have to fight to get their position back.. use Struijk as the example.

Ayling injury haven't got a clue hope it's very short term but another reason to blood some of the fringe players.

It was a penalty 100% you know it was, I know it was all the bloody Geordies knew it was, I even think the Ref and VAR knew it was but at the time I said in WhatsApp group we won't get it as James is now wearing white not red, I'm happy to put money on the fact there will be 4 or 5 more decisions like that between now and the end of the season that we don't get as well.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:05 am I would say your expected lineup looks probable Elland, I hope Gelhardt gets a chance at some point during the game, his confidence must be sky high at the moment. Not confident about the result though with a weakened team in London against Fulham who have started the season well, it’s all pointing to another tough cup tie.

Ayling out for the season, I hope not! Although, we have the possibility of Dallas, Shackleton or even Cody Drameh as cover.

Re the Dan James’ penalty incident, as I’ve asked before - what is the point of VAR?
Why the VAR official didn't ask the ref to go and have a look at it on the monitor I will never know.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I think Rodrigo will start in the 9 role and Roberts at 10. But if Rodrigo does start I suspect it will be 45 mins, with the likelihood Gelhardt or even Greenwood replacing him. I would be surprised if both do not get minutes. There is also a real prospect of Shackleton moving into midfield to replace Klich or Dallas at some point in the game with Drameh coming on.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Who will be taking the set pieces if KP doesn’t start ?
hector

Post by hector »

probably Dan James??
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Alioski loved set pieces

Stood on the edge lf the box waiting to score a goal :verysad:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
hector

Post by hector »

Cjay wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:30 am Alioski loved set pieces

Stood on the edge lf the box waiting to score a goal :verysad:
Or belt it into row Z :P :) :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

5000 Leeds fans heading to Fulham to see a scratch team & another possible cup disaster.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:20 am Who will be taking the set pieces if KP doesn’t start ?
Possibly Rodrigo if it's within shooting range.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:49 am Why the VAR official didn't ask the ref to go and have a look at it on the monitor I will never know.
I was near the screen Chilli, not even a flicker, said to Phil if that had been at the other end the VAR sign would be glowing alight in readiness to award the barcodes a penalty.

Sadly we are not on a level playing field in the premier league :(
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

hector wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:40 am Or belt it into row Z :P :) :)
You must be getting confused with Jack Harrison :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:19 pm You must be getting confused with Jack Harrison :)
Jack Harrison is getting confused with Jack Harrison.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"