Ryder cup

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Ryder cup

Post by mentalcase »

Love watching the ryder cup, hope we beat the yanks again, anyone else like the golf ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: Ryder cup

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Yes, love the majors and Ryder cup. Yanks probably better individuals but a s**t team. Hope we stuff them.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Love the Ryder Cup so much, that one year when we were on hols on the boat we listened to it on the radio! A lot different from watching it I can assure you....but we got the gist of what was happening :)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:35 pm Love watching the ryder cup, hope we beat the yanks again, anyone else like the golf ?
Absolutely MC.
I love the Ryder Cup, the tension is unbearable at times.
However, the USA have probably got the strongest team they have ever put out this year. Eight of them are in the world's top 10 so I wouldn't be surprised if we took a bit of a tonking this time but you never know.
Having virtually no European fans at the event will make a huge difference as well.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

USA Captain asking the American spectators to show respect to the Europe team.....ain't gonna happen I'm afraid
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Used to enjoy the Ryder Cup but then Sky got i's dirty mitts on it.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:21 pm USA Captain asking the American spectators to show respect to the Europe team.....ain't gonna happen I'm afraid
Agree totally.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:35 pm Love watching the ryder cup, hope we beat the yanks again, anyone else like the golf ?
Hey MC,

I absolutely love the Ryder Cup.

I was there at The Belfry in 93, Seve, Monty, Woosie, Torrance, Langer, Olly, Couples, Ray Floyd, etc, but we got beat. Faldo got a hole in one on the 14th. One of the Yanks shouted "Swallow an apple" at Faldo when he teeing off and at the top of his backswing on one hole. Nick looked like he wanted to kill the cnut.

Yeah, hopefully the Yanks behave themselves, as they have been a disgrace in the past

Europe have better team spirit hoping we do them again, few ructions in their camp. Poulter will wind them right up.

I watched the Solheim Cup a few weeks ago and that was awesome.

Can't wait for it to start.

Come on Europe.

I'll send stream links tomorrow.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Completely outclassed at the moment, yanks seem to be making every putt. Rory mcilroy is a complete waste of space and poulter picked on past glory’s should of been Rose.