Leeds United v West Ham Player Ratings - Any more ratings?

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Leeds United v West Ham Player Ratings - Any more ratings?

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure if 64 is headed down to Wales so I'll post

Meslier
Shackleton
Cooper
Cresswell
Firpo
Phillips
Dallas
Raphinha
James
Klich
Rodrigo

Harrison
Roberts
Summerville

Bielsa
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United v West Ham Player rankings

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 9.5 - One of the prem's best keepers surely
Shackleton - 6.5 - Can't miss that tackle for the winner
Cooper - 5 - Time for our captain to step down when we're back to full strength
Cresswell - 8.5 - Old fashioned centre back, had a great game and maybe the best header of a ball in the squad
Firpo - 6.5 - Very unlucky for the OG, looks decent going forward but still needs games
Phillips - 6.5 - Off form today, nothing came off and ended up trying too hard
Dallas - 6.5 - The constant switching affecting his form
Raphinha - 9.5 - Magnificent, shame we only got an hour
James - 7 - poor sub for me unless injured, was playing well when he was on the ball
Klich - 6.5 - Curate's egg of a game
Rodrigo - 9.5 - Best all round striker performance for a long time..

Harrison - 4.5 - Awful for me, very poor positioning and tired very quickly
Roberts - 7 - One delicious pass and played fairly well but doesn't look a winger atm. Good tracking back, a good run down the wing and then distributed it well. Some clever work around the box late
Summerville - NA

Bielsa - 6 - I felt the taking off of James at HT was a mistake, we didn't have the same balance or threat once he came off. Summerville for Raphinha I felt was the switch, not Roberts who though he played well lacks the speed to threaten down the wings.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Didn't deserve to even draw that imo, the best side for so much of that and 2 defensive errors and a lot of luck did for us ... maybe need that gypsy back to lift the bad luck
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier 9: Some stunning saves. They battered him to unsettle him. A great performance by a top young keeper.

Shackleton 7: Good game going forward, some nice tackles in defense, on first glance i was screaming that he's got to do better to stop Antonio at the end but its a smart little touch by him to put himself in the clear. Its looking like that's where Bielsa sees him playing going forward. Still learning at RB and time will ultimately tell us whether he is good enough, strong enough.

Cooper 8: Strong in the tackle, some good headers i thought Liam had a good game.

Cresswell 8: This kid as put himself right in the shop window. We have our next Robert Molenaar. Ex- terminator. He looks like he's been there all his life.

Firpo 7: Great going forward don't ask me where in defence? RW, LW, CM LB & CB. Unlucky with the own goal.

Phillips 7: Busy shift by our Kalvin. He will be ready for our next game win lose or draw.

Dallas 6: A few loose passes but drove forward well towards the end in midfield.

Raphinha 9: Where would we be without him? He puts it on a plate stands back and then watches wasted chance after chance. I thought he was back to near his best.

James 5: Hooked at half time so didn't get to see enough of him. Touched the ball less than anyone tho cos i heard it at half time.

Klich 7: Klich klich klich klichity klopp when will it drop...In the net. I think he needs to stick his foot thru the ball more and stop being so imprecise. Other than that he had some good touches.

Rodrigo 7: The usual from our most expensive player. Some nice turns a lovely cut back to Klich for the goal, some creative stuff. Then some awful stuff. No goal tho.

Harrison 5: Never really got going a few runs with the ball but lost possession a few times. Good defensive tackle.

Roberts 5: Another winger on our books.

*Disclaimer* Missed the first 25mins.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v West Ham (h)

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Shackleton
Cooper
Cresswell
Firpo
Phillips
Dallas
Klich
Raphinha
Rodrigo
James
subs
Harrison
Roberts
Summerville N/A
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Ratings v West Ham (h)

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 9.5 - One of the prem's best keepers surely
Shackleton - 6.5 - Can't miss that tackle for the winner
Cooper - 5 - Time for our captain to step down when we're back to full strength
Cresswell - 8.5 - Old fashioned centre back, had a great game and maybe the best header of a ball in the squad
Firpo - 6.5 - Very unlucky for the OG, looks decent going forward but still needs games
Phillips - 6.5 - Off form today, nothing came off and ended up trying too hard
Dallas - 6.5 - The constant switching affecting his form
Raphinha - 9.5 - Magnificent, shame we only got an hour
James - 7 - poor sub for me unless injured, was playing well when he was on the ball
Klich - 6.5 - Curate's egg of a game
Rodrigo - 9.5 - Best all round striker performance for a long time..

Harrison - 4.5 - Awful for me, very poor positioning and tired very quickly
Roberts - 6.5 - One delicious pass and played fairly well but doesn't look a winger atm.
Summerville - NA

Bielsa - 6 - I felt the taking off of James at HT was a mistake, we didn't have the same balance or threat once he came off. Summerville for Raphinha I felt was the switch, not Roberts who though he played well lacks the speed to threaten down the wings.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 9
Shackleton 8
Cooper 7
Cresswell 8
Firpo 7
Phillips 7
Dallas 7
Klich 7
Raphinha 8
Rodrigo 7
James 6
subs
Harrison 6
Roberts 6
Summerville N/A
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Meslier 8 Fantastic display from our No1. Would have been 4 or 5 if not for Mes.
Shackleton 7 Looked lively and made some decent runs down the right along with some timely interceptions.
Cooper 5 Lacks the pace and looks out of his depth at this level now. Poor positioning for Antonio's winner
Cresswell 8 Looked totally at home and unfazed by the occasion. Held his own with Antonio and didn't get bullied
Firpo 6 Decent going forward but out of position too many times including allowing Bowen the freedom of the left flank leading up to the first goal. Unlucky with the deflection.
Phillips 6 Looked a bit out of sorts today with his passing and general play not up to his usual high standard.
Dallas 5 A bit hit and miss. Faded badly second half along with most of his teammates.
Raphinha 8 Outstanding first half. Almost unplayable at times. Badly missed when he went off.
James 4 Totally absent and couldn't get into the game at all. Still finding his feet but needs to step up soon.
Klich 6 Nice touch for the first goal, then totally blows a chance to put us 2-0 up which would have killed the game
Rodrigo 7 Great first half- one of his best in a Leeds shirt then disappeared up his own backside the second half as we faded badly.

Harrison 4 Poor game from Jack. Looked to be still suffering the effects of his illness.
Roberts 4 Again had a difficult time of it coming on when WH were on the up. Lacks the quality to change a game
Summerville N/A Should have come on for Raph instead of Roberts. Too little too late from Bielsa.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Thanks for the merge:

Meslier - 8.5 - Excellent saves. Must be fed up of how much work he has to do.
Shackleton - 7 - Mixed bag. Excellent energy for much of the game but was clearly fading toward the end. I just don't thinbk he has the right build and physicality to be a RB. Better player in midfield.
Cooper - 7 - Was OK for much of the game but got away with arms around an opposition player. Think he was at fault for the first goal of WH. Some good blocks at times.
Cresswell - 8 - Excellent premier league debut and though was out of position for WH second goal, did more than could be asked of against some excellent opposition forwards.
Firpo - 7 - His positioning is suspect at times but otherwise a solid game from him today I thought. Can hardly blame him for the first goal, since Cooper should have shown Bowen to the outside.
Phillips - 6 - Not his best game today but not terrible either. Had a lot of work on his plate today.
Dallas - 5 - Still not his usual self, but not helped with playing a different position every week.
Raphinha - 9.5 - Was immense when on the pitch. Attacked with venom, great skills, and inherited Pablo's megging skills. Defended excellently too.
James - 6 - Some bright moments and would have liked to have seen him play well into the second half to keep their RB honest with his pace.
Klich - 6 - An assist and some good moments in the first half but his engine went fas tin the second. Not sure why he doesn't lace the strikes.
Rodrigo - 8 - Rodrigo was brilliant in the first half leading the line. His intelligent hold up play really should have given him the assist for Raphinha. Faded in the second half. At least MB played him in the right position today.

Harrison - 5 - Nothing much from Harrison and not sure why he, like many others, is so off form. Scored higher than Roberts for one delicious defensive tackle.
Roberts - 4 - Is a 4 harsh? Not sure what he offered (likewise Harrison)
Summerville - N/A - Not enough time to score. However, you can see he has wonderful close control in that one moment on the line.

Bielsa - 5 - Set us up right for the first half but made terrible subs for game management in my opinion. Wonder if he should lay off the murderball for a bit and give our players a bit more rest. They look knackered every second half.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Meslier - 9.5
Shackleton - 6.5
Cooper - 6
Cresswell - 7.5
Firpo - 7
Phillips -5
Dallas - 6
Raphinha - 9.5
James - 7
Klich - 6
Rodrigo - 9
Harrison - 5
Roberts - 6
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Meslier & Raphinha supreme

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done to our young lads Cresswell & Shacks.

Our midfield average at best.

Our naivety & Firpo cost us with his abysmal positional play.

New £25m signing struggled although Jack his replacement was no better!

No impact from our subs, nothing new there :(

9 Meslier
7 Shackleton
7 Cooper
8 Cresswell
5 Firpo
6 Phillips
6 Dallas
9 Raphinha
5 James
6 Klich
7 Rodrigo
subs
5 Harrison
6 Roberts
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Any more ratings?
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Leeds United v West Ham Player Ratings - Any more ratings?

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Meslier 9 world class
Shackleton 7 one excellent run but solid
Cooper 8 won every header , counted one misplaced pass up the line. Watched him specifically given the number of ex professional centre backs and centre forwards we have on this forum giving him stick week in week out
Cresswell 8 solid
Firpo 6 ok going forward
Phillips 7 usual high standard but over run
Dallas 6 struggling
Raphinha 8 nutmeg on Benrahma priceless
James 6 one dangerous run
Klich 7 grafted all day
Rodrigo 7 faded

Harrison 6
Roberts 6
Summerville 5

Bielsa 5
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFC 1966 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:14 am Meslier 9 world class
Shackleton 7 one excellent run but solid
Cooper 8 won every header , counted one misplaced pass up the line. Watched him specifically given the number of ex professional centre backs and centre forwards we have on this forum giving him stick week in week out
Cresswell 8 solid
Firpo 6 ok going forward
Phillips 7 usual high standard but over run
Dallas 6 struggling
Raphinha 8 nutmeg on Benrahma priceless
James 6 one dangerous run
Klich 7 grafted all day
Rodrigo 7 faded

Harrison 6
Roberts 6
Summerville 5

Bielsa 5
I didn't think I'd called Cooper's game wrongly '66, thought he had a solid game particularly as he had young lad (immense PL debut) & a LWB who was continually out of position alongside him, also bearing in mind the beast of a centre-forward & the pacey Bowen they were up against.

I get the impression you weren't too impressed with Firpo's defending going by your comment?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Meslier 9
Shackleton 7
Cooper 7
Cresswell 8
Firpo 7
Phillips 7
Dallas 5
Klich 6
Raphinha 9
Rodrigo 8
James 7
subs
Harrison 4
Roberts 4
Summerville N/A
[/quote]
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

1964white wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:28 am I didn't think I'd called Cooper's game wrongly '66, thought he had a solid game particularly as he had young lad (immense PL debut) & a LWB who was continually out of position alongside him, also bearing in mind the beast of a centre-forward & the pacey Bowen they were up against.

I get the impression you weren't too impressed with Firpo's defending going by your comment?
Not aimed at you 64 --- several people score him a 5 weekly ---- no matter how well he plays or leads the team
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

9.0 Meslier
8.9 Raphinha
8.1 Cresswell