MP murdered in Essex

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

MP murdered in Essex

Post by whiteswan »

Conservative MP Sir David Amess has died after after a stabbing attack. He was holding a surgery this morning when the attack happened. He died from multiple stab wounds and a man has been arrested. It was a walk in session from 9.00am - 12.00 on a first come first served basis. This comes after MP Jo Cox was stabbed and shot dead in 2016 after holding surgery.
Very sad, my thoughts go out to his family
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: MP murdered in Essex

Post by becchio bear »

Awful Swannie. There's quite a few mps I cannot stand but he wasn't on my radar. RIP. Just someone going about doing their job.

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Indeed bb. I didn't know of him either, but apparently a really nice family man and who amongst other things, did work for animal rights.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Terrible news!

Not happy with the tories as our country is in a right old mess, but no MP no matter what party they represent deserves this type of atrocity.

We live in a society full of nutters who think they have a divine right to carry out these horrible violent attacks on civilized, defenceless people.

Unfortunately our country is totally lost.

My condolences to David Amess's family.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Couldn't agree more 64. It is the pits to me and I shall never return to it. It's a place on a downward spiral full of arseholes who all think that the world owes them something. How wonderful it is to watch the UK news here in BG and to not actually be a part of what's going on there.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

25 year old coward stabs 69 year old elderly gentleman. How much do we hear that in todays society. I would quite easily stand in a crowd and watch people get hanged when its a cut n dry case like this one sounds. And before the moral justice warriors jump on me, i say share a thought for David Amess the victim and his family their Husband, Father, Grandfather has been ruthlessly taken away, he no longer has any human rights.

I can't wait to read Angela Rayner tweet. R.I.P
hector

Post by hector »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:46 pm Couldn't agree more 64. It is the pits to me and I shall never return to it. It's a place on a downward spiral full of arseholes who all think that the world owes them something. How wonderful it is to watch the UK news here in BG and to not actually be a part of what's going on there.

With my brain fog at the moment and Mrs H jacked up on morphine 24/7
we feel that we are in the same position as you mate :mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:46 pm Couldn't agree more 64. It is the pits to me and I shall never return to it. It's a place on a downward spiral full of arseholes who all think that the world owes them something. How wonderful it is to watch the UK news here in BG and to not actually be a part of what's going on there.

For the life of me I can’t puzzle it out.

BG? Burkina Gaso?

British Golumbia?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jill & I spoke about emigrating twenty years ago, if we were younger we wouldn't think twice about it now.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:49 pm 25 year old coward stabs 69 year old elderly gentleman. How much do we hear that in todays society. I would quite easily stand in a crowd and watch people get hanged when its a cut n dry case like this one sounds. And before the moral justice warriors jump on me, i say share a thought for David Amess the victim and his family their Husband, Father, Grandfather has been ruthlessly taken away, he no longer has any human rights.

I can't wait to read Angela Rayner tweet. R.I.P
Hanging should never have been abolished.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

hector wrote: With my brain fog at the moment and Mrs H jacked up on morphine 24/7
we feel that we are in the same position as you mate :mrgreen:
You're in a good place then Image

whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Agree with everything said here.

Was actually disappointed that the police didn't shoot the scumbag and save a expensive trial.
He will get a life sentence but some do gooder will campaign to get him out a few years down the road.

Thoughts fully with the victims family & friends irrespective of politics.

As for this country I envy those that have emigrated wish I'd took the plunge years ago, too late now.
Just sick of seeing the country I love becoming a 3rd world cess pit of entitled *****.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

John in Louisiana wrote: For the life of me I can’t puzzle it out.

BG? Burkina Gaso?

British Golumbia?
Sorry Jil, habit, short for Bulgaria.

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: Jill & I spoke about emigrating twenty years ago, if we were younger we wouldn't think twice about it now.
Best thing we've done mate. Life isn't a bed of roses here but it sure beats being in the UK without any doubt whatsoever. My parents spoke about emigrating decades ago and all my parents spoke about in their last few years was the fear of getting 'set about' if they wanted to go out for a walk anywhere. What a sad end and a true reflection of life there.

becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Telegraph reporting security sources saying the man was a Somalian.

There we go letting all and sundry in by the thousand on a daily basis with no knowledge of their background or intent...

I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:36 pm Sorry Jil, habit, short for Bulgaria.

Ah!

Thanks. 😁
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:44 pm Telegraph reporting security sources saying the man was a Somalian.

There we go letting all and sundry in by the thousand on a daily basis with no knowledge of their background or intent...

Thousands more cases to come in the next few years, cases of rape and murder and muggings etc, we haven't controlled the borders in 40 years.
My thoughts go out to the poor fella and his family.
RIP
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Shocking incident.

The suspect is a British national of Somali heritage.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:02 pm Indeed bb. I didn't know of him either, but apparently a really nice family man and who amongst other things, did work for animal rights.
A family man who did much charitable fundraising work, killed by a worthless piece of terrorist scum we allowed to reside in the UK.

We have enough of the criminal fraternity of our own without taking in the world's waifs & strays.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:13 pm Hanging should never have been abolished.
I fully agree provided it can be proved without any doubt.How would you feel if they hanged someone who later was proved to be innocent it has happened.As i say for those like the ripper hang them.