Leeds United's (tiny) wage bill...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Leeds United's (tiny) wage bill...

Post by Mountain »

...interesting aside on the Guardian Podcast where they referred to Bruges wage bill as being only 18 million. And Barry Glendenning observed that only 2 Premier League clubs have a smaller wage bill, Brentford and Leeds.

Again it shows what a miracle Bielsa performed last season. I know some love knocking Forshaw and Roberts, but tonight ManU sent on 2 subs whose wages exceed the entire Leeds squad.

Easy to see why the BBC and a lot of media outlets said Bielsa was manager of the season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United's (tiny) wage bill...

Post by The Subhuman »

Mountain wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:15 pm ...interesting aside on the Guardian Podcast where they referred to Bruges wage bill as being only 18 million. And Barry Glendenning observed that only 2 Premier League clubs have a smaller wage bill, Brentford and Leeds.

Again it shows what a miracle Bielsa performed last season. I know some love knocking Forshaw and Roberts, but tonight ManU sent on 2 subs whose wages exceed the entire Leeds squad.

Easy to see why the BBC and a lot of media outlets said Bielsa was manager of the season.
By a country mile and a few of our players pound for pound much better value than the over paid prima donnas of the top teams.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sorry unless i am reading this wrong, are we saying our wage bill is less than £18mil ?

Not a chance its anywhere close to that.

Quadruple it would be more realistic
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:12 am Sorry unless i am reading this wrong, are we saying our wage bill is less than £18mil ?

Exactly, 18 mill divided by our 18 man squad is an average 20k per week. Somebody tell me we’ve got this squad for that money and I’ll tell them we’re doing ok, but we won’t be in January when everybody buggers of to Burnley or Fulham for more money
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:12 am Sorry unless i am reading this wrong, are we saying our wage bill is less than £18mil ?

He could be wrong.

This says 22 million as of January. Which would still be less than Pogba and Cavani.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-re ... -position/
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:03 am He could be wrong.

This says 22 million as of January. Which would still be less than Pogba and Cavani.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-re ... -position/
It will be around £100mil a year.

After promotion the wage bill was £70mil

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ed-3189817

Much less than Manure and them of course but we will be above the promoted teams and probably teams like Burnley.
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:17 am It will be around £100mil a year.

After promotion the wage bill was £70mil

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ed-3189817

Much less than Manure and them of course but we will be above the promoted teams and probably teams like Burnley.
But that's for the entire club, Bielsa, Kinnear Orta, players, coaches...right down to the tea lady, and they say includes 20 million in promotion payments amongst players and staff.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:06 pm But that's for the entire club, Bielsa, Kinnear Orta, players, coaches...right down to the tea lady, and they say includes 20 million in promotion payments amongst players and staff.
True i guess but their is no way Raph, Bamford, Rodrigo, Llorente etc arent on substantial wages.

I would bet money that we are probably about 14/15th for Premier League wage bill.
Signed

King Cjay