Welcome & Introductions
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
catamaran
- Ballboy

- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:56 am
- Twitter: @dayssincemanu
- Contact:
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Hello! I've been a Leeds fan for as long as I can remember (2000s) so thought it was about time I joined a forum, rather than just bleating on about things on Twitter! Looking forward to chatting to you all!
- mothbanquet
- Manager

- Posts: 3239
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:11 pm
-
VinnysTattoo
- First Team

- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:55 pm
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Hi all.
About time I started contributing!
First game in 1970, season ticket holder in the late 80’s when I moved back up north. Now an occasional ER visitor and have just taken up membership to get in the odd game. Before Bielsa it was relatively easy to get a ticket, however the football used to get in the way of a good lunch time booze up most of the time!
I hope me joining the forum doesn’t signal a decline this season. Our poor pre season form has been carried into the start of this one, and I don’t understand why we are playing so less effectively than last year. I am a little worried about the season ahead, but being a Leeds fan that comes with the territory
About time I started contributing!
First game in 1970, season ticket holder in the late 80’s when I moved back up north. Now an occasional ER visitor and have just taken up membership to get in the odd game. Before Bielsa it was relatively easy to get a ticket, however the football used to get in the way of a good lunch time booze up most of the time!
I hope me joining the forum doesn’t signal a decline this season. Our poor pre season form has been carried into the start of this one, and I don’t understand why we are playing so less effectively than last year. I am a little worried about the season ahead, but being a Leeds fan that comes with the territory
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15035
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
VinnysTattoo wrote: ↑Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:19 am Hi all.
About time I started contributing!
First game in 1970, season ticket holder in the late 80’s when I moved back up north. Now an occasional ER visitor and have just taken up membership to get in the odd game. Before Bielsa it was relatively easy to get a ticket, however the football used to get in the way of a good lunch time booze up most of the time!
I hope me joining the forum doesn’t signal a decline this season. Our poor pre season form has been carried into the start of this one, and I don’t understand why we are playing so less effectively than last year. I am a little worried about the season ahead, but being a Leeds fan that comes with the territory![]()
Welcome to the forum!
Few signs we are starting to put things together now. Just need to be more clinical (same old story)!
-
Jimang
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 469
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:03 am
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Started supporting Leeds in the 69/70 season firstly when they seemed to be on TV a lot and then when I began collecting and swapping the A & ABC set of football cards. Then the performance in the cup final against Chelsea, and willing them to win. Supported them ever since, and luckily both my Sons and now Grand daughters followed suit. Favorite player was Peter Lorimer closely followed by Allan Clarke, guess a youngster is always influenced by the goal scorers lol. Some great heights and many lows since then but the current side and Manager have done great. Wish we could keep Raphinia, a world class player in the making.
- Muppet the Cat
- Moderator

- Posts: 18301
- Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
- Location: Cardiff
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Welcome to MOT, Jimang - like you Lorimer was my favourite player as a youngster.Jimang wrote: ↑Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:57 pm Started supporting Leeds in the 69/70 season firstly when they seemed to be on TV a lot and then when I began collecting and swapping the A & ABC set of football cards. Then the performance in the cup final against Chelsea, and willing them to win. Supported them ever since, and luckily both my Sons and now Grand daughters followed suit. Favorite player was Peter Lorimer closely followed by Allan Clarke, guess a youngster is always influenced by the goal scorers lol. Some great heights and many lows since then but the current side and Manager have done great. Wish we could keep Raphinia, a world class player in the making.
I don’t think you’re alone here in hoping that we can keep hold of Raph
- JackRussel
- Ballboy

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:12 am
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Hi all, I decided to write in this thread so that no one would be surprised by my posts in other threads.
Briefly about myself: I love soccer!
Briefly about myself: I love soccer!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155173
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Welcome to MOT JackJackRussel wrote: ↑Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:32 pm Hi all, I decided to write in this thread so that no one would be surprised by my posts in other threads.
Briefly about myself: I love soccer!![]()
-
Notwell
- Youth Team

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:48 pm
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Hi, I am from Norway as so many of the gang. I've been a Leeds United supporter since 1974. Been to Elland Road many times, but its a long time ago as family and business have dragged me to other countries. Spain and Viet Nam.
Its exciting times and I am planning a trip. Used to be a member of a LU mailing list a long time ago and missed it, so I found this forum. Eddie is my fav all time player, I watched him get a hattrick for the club 1978 on my first trip. Versus Leicester. And Paul Hart had a beauty away versus Norwich, right in the cross only problem was it was an own goal. LOL
He became a decent player after several of these mistakes (and was important as a YA coach later) , so maybe there is hope for Tyler as well? I think Bielsa does the right thing trusting his players. He seems a decent person with ethics and morale, that isn't easy to find and I respect it.
Its exciting times and I am planning a trip. Used to be a member of a LU mailing list a long time ago and missed it, so I found this forum. Eddie is my fav all time player, I watched him get a hattrick for the club 1978 on my first trip. Versus Leicester. And Paul Hart had a beauty away versus Norwich, right in the cross only problem was it was an own goal. LOL
He became a decent player after several of these mistakes (and was important as a YA coach later) , so maybe there is hope for Tyler as well? I think Bielsa does the right thing trusting his players. He seems a decent person with ethics and morale, that isn't easy to find and I respect it.
- Byebyegeegee
- First Team

- Posts: 2390
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
- Location: God’s own county (north)
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Welcome Notwell, I hope you are well!
I am always fascinated by the fact that Leeds United do seem to have so many passionate Norwegian fans (dare I say more than most if not all other English league clubs) and have always wondered why that is the case. I would be very interested to hear your take on it Notwell.
I am always fascinated by the fact that Leeds United do seem to have so many passionate Norwegian fans (dare I say more than most if not all other English league clubs) and have always wondered why that is the case. I would be very interested to hear your take on it Notwell.
-
VoiceofaLurker
- Youth Team

- Posts: 62
- Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:19 am
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Hello all,
I failed to notice this thread and I suppose I should have done an introduction.
I live in the Midlands and I started supporting Leeds from an early age. My Dad was a big fan of Sniffer Clarke from his time at Walsall and he followed him through his tranfers until he ended up at Leeds and it was at this time I took an interest in football and that's how I became a Leeds fan.
My first ever game was in 1974 at Villa Park. There was a Centenary game played pre-season and it was Brian Clough's first game at the helm. I had aquired a massive wall sized Leeds poster which I still have somewhere which you had to send off to The Sun newspaper to get, I think there was a Manure one as well.
Somehow my Mom got this poster into the dressing room and was signed by all the team the only notable omission was the unsigned photo of Don Revie in the corner.
I would go to the Midlands clubs to watch Leeds when they were playing, I can remember vividly my Mom pulling out my Leeds scarf to cover her head as it started raining whils't we were standing in The Holte End and getting a torrent of jeers.
I was also at the 1985 Birmingham riot at St Andrews, where my step father commented "If they could guarentee this there'd be 50K here every week"
My first visit to Elland Road was in 1992 a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace standing in the kop.
So no real rationale behind supporting Leeds it's just the way it is.
VOAL.
I failed to notice this thread and I suppose I should have done an introduction.
I live in the Midlands and I started supporting Leeds from an early age. My Dad was a big fan of Sniffer Clarke from his time at Walsall and he followed him through his tranfers until he ended up at Leeds and it was at this time I took an interest in football and that's how I became a Leeds fan.
My first ever game was in 1974 at Villa Park. There was a Centenary game played pre-season and it was Brian Clough's first game at the helm. I had aquired a massive wall sized Leeds poster which I still have somewhere which you had to send off to The Sun newspaper to get, I think there was a Manure one as well.
Somehow my Mom got this poster into the dressing room and was signed by all the team the only notable omission was the unsigned photo of Don Revie in the corner.
I would go to the Midlands clubs to watch Leeds when they were playing, I can remember vividly my Mom pulling out my Leeds scarf to cover her head as it started raining whils't we were standing in The Holte End and getting a torrent of jeers.
I was also at the 1985 Birmingham riot at St Andrews, where my step father commented "If they could guarentee this there'd be 50K here every week"
My first visit to Elland Road was in 1992 a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace standing in the kop.
So no real rationale behind supporting Leeds it's just the way it is.
VOAL.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Welcome VOAL, hope you enjoy the forum mateVoiceofaLurker wrote: ↑Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:16 pm Hello all,
I failed to notice this thread and I suppose I should have done an introduction.
I live in the Midlands and I started supporting Leeds from an early age. My Dad was a big fan of Sniffer Clarke from his time at Walsall and he followed him through his tranfers until he ended up at Leeds and it was at this time I took an interest in football and that's how I became a Leeds fan.
My first ever game was in 1974 at Villa Park. There was a Centenary game played pre-season and it was Brian Clough's first game at the helm. I had aquired a massive wall sized Leeds poster which I still have somewhere which you had to send off to The Sun newspaper to get, I think there was a Manure one as well.
Somehow my Mom got this poster into the dressing room and was signed by all the team the only notable omission was the unsigned photo of Don Revie in the corner.
I would go to the Midlands clubs to watch Leeds when they were playing, I can remember vividly my Mom pulling out my Leeds scarf to cover her head as it started raining whils't we were standing in The Holte End and getting a torrent of jeers.
I was also at the 1985 Birmingham riot at St Andrews, where my step father commented "If they could guarentee this there'd be 50K here every week"
My first visit to Elland Road was in 1992 a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace standing in the kop.
So no real rationale behind supporting Leeds it's just the way it is.
VOAL.
-
Poccur
- Ballboy

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:06 pm
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Born in Bournemouth and moved to the USA 22 years ago. Living in the mountains of Virginia.
Lost touch with any football till the pandemic hit and wife and I were cruising thru Netflix. Found the documentary 'Take us Home: Leeds United' about the struggle to get back to the Premiership. We both fell in love with the club and the fans. The passion, the joy, the struggle...loved it...It is a religion...awesome.....We have been watching the team ever since.
Hopefully when all this virus is gone or managed we will make a trip to see Leeds at Eland Road. Will be proud to sing with you all. We might sound like Hillbillies but 'we all love Leeds'!!
Lost touch with any football till the pandemic hit and wife and I were cruising thru Netflix. Found the documentary 'Take us Home: Leeds United' about the struggle to get back to the Premiership. We both fell in love with the club and the fans. The passion, the joy, the struggle...loved it...It is a religion...awesome.....We have been watching the team ever since.
Hopefully when all this virus is gone or managed we will make a trip to see Leeds at Eland Road. Will be proud to sing with you all. We might sound like Hillbillies but 'we all love Leeds'!!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155173
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Welcome to MOT, PoccurPoccur wrote: ↑Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:51 pm Born in Bournemouth and moved to the USA 22 years ago. Living in the mountains of Virginia.
Lost touch with any football till the pandemic hit and wife and I were cruising thru Netflix. Found the documentary 'Take us Home: Leeds United' about the struggle to get back to the Premiership. We both fell in love with the club and the fans. The passion, the joy, the struggle...loved it...It is a religion...awesome.....We have been watching the team ever since.
Hopefully when all this virus is gone or managed we will make a trip to see Leeds at Eland Road. Will be proud to sing with you all. We might sound like Hillbillies but 'we all love Leeds'!!
- SnifferClarke
- First Team

- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:34 am
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Hi all
Another long time fan, and forum lurker. First game 1968 Arsenal 4 Leeds 3.
MOT
Another long time fan, and forum lurker. First game 1968 Arsenal 4 Leeds 3.
MOT
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155173
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Welcome to MOT, SnifferSnifferClarke wrote: ↑Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:13 pm Hi all
Another long time fan, and forum lurker. First game 1968 Arsenal 4 Leeds 3.
MOT
-
Unbelievable Jeff
- Youth Team

- Posts: 78
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:47 pm
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Hi everyone, glad to be onboard. Supported United all my life in one form or another. I have quite a bit of time on my hands these days so a number of my posts won't be just football related, hope thats ok, just let me know if it isn't, lol. Cheers, Steve.
Ha ha charade you are....
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Welcome Steve,Unbelievable Jeff wrote: ↑Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:55 am Hi everyone, glad to be onboard. Supported United all my life in one form or another. I have quite a bit of time on my hands these days so a number of my posts won't be just football related, hope thats ok, just let me know if it isn't, lol. Cheers, Steve.
Great to have you on board.
Thanks for joining the forum
- Changnoy
- Youth Team

- Posts: 122
- Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:06 am
- Location: Pattaya Thailand
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Hello to everyone,
Thanks for accepting me on the forum.
I have been looking at it as a non-member for awhile..and decided to join when i saw there wasnt any abuse when people have a difference of opinion..which is why i dont bother on other forums anymore..especially those groups on Facefook.
I have been following Leeds for over 50yrs..so have seen the ups & downs and ups & even further downs for that 16year spell.
Was so emotional when we returned to the EPL..and hopefully we will dig deep and remain this season
Thanks for accepting me on the forum.
I have been looking at it as a non-member for awhile..and decided to join when i saw there wasnt any abuse when people have a difference of opinion..which is why i dont bother on other forums anymore..especially those groups on Facefook.
I have been following Leeds for over 50yrs..so have seen the ups & downs and ups & even further downs for that 16year spell.
Was so emotional when we returned to the EPL..and hopefully we will dig deep and remain this season
-
MikeEnglandisMyHero
- Ballboy

- Posts: 23
- Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:38 pm
Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)
Joining from Seattle Wa USA. And, yes somewhat joining because of JM (and because reading posts over the last couple of weeks has been interesting). But, if you follow the game (I am going to avoid using either f**tb*ll or s*ccer to maintain neutrality) you had to pay attention to Leeds when Bielsa took the helm...and what a ride it was to watch from afar.
I support the Seattle Sounders as I have since their first incarnation in 1974 which is where my forum name comes from. We had lots of UK players come through in the 70's, including a few legends, but no Leeds United players that I remember.
In addition I earned a post-grad degree remotely from the University of Leeds, which I think makes me an honorary resident right? I won't mention that I thoroughly enjoyed the Damned United movie.
I support the Seattle Sounders as I have since their first incarnation in 1974 which is where my forum name comes from. We had lots of UK players come through in the 70's, including a few legends, but no Leeds United players that I remember.
In addition I earned a post-grad degree remotely from the University of Leeds, which I think makes me an honorary resident right? I won't mention that I thoroughly enjoyed the Damned United movie.