Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6708
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
Regarding KP’s interview, if he was criticising his deeper position , he shouldn’t be.
It was his best overall performance of the season, the only time he was out of sorts was when he was pushed further forwards which didn’t work today, hence he was moved deeper for the last 15 mins.
It was his best overall performance of the season, the only time he was out of sorts was when he was pushed further forwards which didn’t work today, hence he was moved deeper for the last 15 mins.
-
WhiteRose
- Manager

- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
Disappointing in the end but can’t say I was expecting anything from the game especially seeing the starting lineup. Played well though considering. Had we had Rodrigo, Ayling, bamford and raphinha it could very well of been a different result but that’s how it is at the moment and the risk we take with older players. 3 crucial games coming up now where we must bank a decent number of points considering the December fixtures.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155258
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
I'm struggling to understand why we changed the system moving Phillips out of the back threeCarrick Dave wrote: ↑Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:54 pm We looked better with Kalvin in the back three. He’s being bypassed now and Kane & Son finding space.
- rondownunder
- Youth Team

- Posts: 124
- Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:01 am
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
Looking forward to January in the hope Roberts is not the guy we bring on when we are chasing the game. Tbh, that was our U23 and Championship sides largely outplaying and expensive PL outfit and whilst we did not get the win it was impressive.
- BGwhite
- Superstar

- Posts: 6571
- Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
It's like the panic button was pressed after they scored 1. Klich was subbed which resulted in musical positions....again. This throws everything into confusion and the balance of the team went. Bielsa then put KP back in the back line so more confusion. Not the first time his substitutions haven't worked but hey ho he's the boss.
Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6708
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
Possibly because Klich had run his race and MB wanted the midfield to be as effective (MB always goes for a win if there is a chance) I agree with you, KP should have been kept where he was.
Also I can understand why he brought Firpo on for his attacking runs but it actually unbalanced us .
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155258
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
Spurs were very fortunate today, CJayCjay wrote: ↑Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:31 pm Spurs are having a poor season and hadn't had a shot on target for 2.5games
They aren't Man City.
The drop off in levels from us between the 2 halves is not acceptable and it has happened plenty of times this season.
Being beaten by a better side is fine, being outran (when we are meant to be this super fit team) and simply brushed aside 2nd half is not OK.
We didn't deserve to lose mate.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
I was working so could only watch the match on the laptop with the sound off, so it's hard to judge for me.
But from what I saw we have regained our confidence and self belief, which is thrilling. I thought it was a solid performance and we dominated the opposition.
We played some great attacking and defensive football, and on this evidence we'll give anyone a test.
The overall impression I got was that we were just unlucky. But what you find at this level is that teams have quality players who can keep their team in a match and strike when the opportunity arises.
I'm really delighted for Joe Gelhardt, our future looks really bright, with him and our other talented youngsters.
If we keep up these performances the wins and points will come, so this has allayed my earlier fears when we were struggling.
Well done Leeds and Bielsa, great work, so let's push on and progress. A win at home to Chelsea would really get things rolling for us.
I'm very proud and happy with that performance
But from what I saw we have regained our confidence and self belief, which is thrilling. I thought it was a solid performance and we dominated the opposition.
We played some great attacking and defensive football, and on this evidence we'll give anyone a test.
The overall impression I got was that we were just unlucky. But what you find at this level is that teams have quality players who can keep their team in a match and strike when the opportunity arises.
I'm really delighted for Joe Gelhardt, our future looks really bright, with him and our other talented youngsters.
If we keep up these performances the wins and points will come, so this has allayed my earlier fears when we were struggling.
Well done Leeds and Bielsa, great work, so let's push on and progress. A win at home to Chelsea would really get things rolling for us.
I'm very proud and happy with that performance
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155258
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
I'm unsure whether some of our fans have taken our depleted attacking options in account or the cost of that Spurs team.
Unlucky today & an encouraging performance.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155258
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
We certainly did, 1000. Proud of them.
The journey home doesn't feel so long even though we got beat, oh & we've had to divert onto the A1 due to roadworks on the M1.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155258
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6708
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
Good assessmentWhite Riot wrote: ↑Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:03 pm I was working so could only watch the match on the laptop with the sound off, so it's hard to judge for me.
But from what I saw we have regained our confidence and self belief, which is thrilling. I thought it was a solid performance and we dominated the opposition.
We played some great attacking and defensive football, and on this evidence we'll give anyone a test.
The overall impression I got was that we were just unlucky. But what you find at this level is that teams have quality players who can keep their team in a match and strike when the opportunity arises.
I'm really delighted for Joe Gelhardt, our future looks really bright, with him and our other talented youngsters.
If we keep up these performances the wins and points will come, so this has allayed my earlier fears when we were struggling.
Well done Leeds and Bielsa, great work, so let's push on and progress. A win at home to Chelsea would really get things rolling for us.
I'm very proud and happy with that performance![]()
When Rodrigo and Raphinha are back I would play the first half formation but with Rodrigo for Klich and Raphinha to replace either James or Harrison.
Rodrigo wouldn’t need to drop as deep, which he sometimes struggles with, as we would look more solid behind him.
I would let Harrison and James fight it out between them for the left wing starting position.
Nothing against Klich, I’m a big fan but I don think he can do a potential two games a week which is what’s coming up.
Last edited by Finnatic on Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155258
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
No he wasn't watching a different game.Scoobychief wrote: ↑Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:43 pm Obviously leeds 1000 must have been watching a different game. By jolly lad what you're going be like when we're bottom at Christmas. You gonna say we're better than that.
You rarely give Leeds any praise, Scooby
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
We really miss Bamford and often underperform at some crucial moments without him.
I don't know how long he'll be out but I think I've seen it on here that he may not get back this season, partly because, even if he recovers, it will take too long to get him fit to Marcelo's standards.
If that's true we're in for a long hard season and we have to hope that the 3 teams below us stay there.
I don't know how long he'll be out but I think I've seen it on here that he may not get back this season, partly because, even if he recovers, it will take too long to get him fit to Marcelo's standards.
If that's true we're in for a long hard season and we have to hope that the 3 teams below us stay there.
Last edited by Norm on Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
Cheers FinnFinnatic wrote: ↑Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 pm Good assessment
When Rodrigo and Raphinha are back I would play the first half formation but with Rodrigo for Klich and Raphinha to replace either James or Harrison.
Rodrigo wouldn’t need to drop as deep, which he sometimes struggles with, as we would look more solid behind him.
I would let Harrison and James fight it out between them for the left wing starting position.
Nothing against Klich, I’m a big fan but I don think he can do a potential two games a week which is what’s coming up.
Agree with your points. I would also say that we are really close to hitting our straps again and the wins will come soon
Getting our injured players back is also gonna be key as the competition for places will spur them all on.
Good times coming soon
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155258
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
He's a twat.Boo Radley wrote: ↑Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:54 pm So true!
And he whined to the ref all through the game - tosser!
How can anyone support England with Maguire, Shaw, Sterling & that twat in the team. Can't stand any of the overpaid whinging prima-donnas
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41707
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
Disagree mate.
Dropping 1 or 2 point from winning positions is unlucky.
10 before Christmas is a trend.
Their 2nd half deserved the win imo.
Hit the post 2 or 3 times, Kane had a 1v1.
We faded, that isn't unlucky, the goal may be unlucky but if we had played 2nd half like Spurs did and not won we would be furious
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155258
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
Great post mateWhite Riot wrote: ↑Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:03 pm I was working so could only watch the match on the laptop with the sound off, so it's hard to judge for me.
But from what I saw we have regained our confidence and self belief, which is thrilling. I thought it was a solid performance and we dominated the opposition.
We played some great attacking and defensive football, and on this evidence we'll give anyone a test.
The overall impression I got was that we were just unlucky. But what you find at this level is that teams have quality players who can keep their team in a match and strike when the opportunity arises.
I'm really delighted for Joe Gelhardt, our future looks really bright, with him and our other talented youngsters.
If we keep up these performances the wins and points will come, so this has allayed my earlier fears when we were struggling.
Well done Leeds and Bielsa, great work, so let's push on and progress. A win at home to Chelsea would really get things rolling for us.
I'm very proud and happy with that performance![]()
- BGwhite
- Superstar

- Posts: 6571
- Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
Just a mention for Forshaw. Thought he had another solid game and came very close to scoring with a fantastic shot. No one would think he'd been out for 2 years. I'm being made to eat humble pie and I hold my hands up, well done AF. ...put it in the onion bag next time ,,
Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155258
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gelhardt in for Rodrigo
Forshaw was excellent.BGwhite wrote: ↑Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:29 pm Just a mention for Forshaw. Thought he had another solid game and came very close to scoring with a fantastic shot. No one would think he'd been out for 2 years. I'm being made to eat humble pie and I hold my hands up, well done AF. ...put it in the onion bag next time ,,
Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Didn't help our game when he was subbed due to tired legs.