Tyler Roberts-Birmingham move confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Re: Tyler Roberts

Post by Overman »

faaip wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:35 pm Good player Roberts.
Yes, a good player for a mid table Championship side.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Nope wrong again
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:16 pm Nope wrong again
Question is, will Leeds allow Roberts to go on loan to another PL club?
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:38 pm Question is, will Leeds allow Roberts to go on loan to another PL club?
Doubt another PL club would want him.

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

There's a good player in there somewhere

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

faaip wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:16 pm Nope wrong again
Clearly you must have some secret intel, please do enlighten us?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm assuming Fulham, Bournemouth or Tyler's ex-club West Brom would be interested taking him on loan.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

It's only right to point it out.

This was his most positive performance for a long time.

Made a positive impact I felt and that hasn't been said for years

Fair play Tyler, now build.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I didn't see much difference to how he normally plays. His in box contribution is usually high and he offers something different all the time. I still consider him better than Paddy as a footballer but Paddy is a lot luckier. I don't think I've seen a footballer as unlucky as Tyler.. A number of assists ruled out for offside or poor control from the target, hit the woodwork multiple times, gets fouled in the box a lot and produced maybe the best save of the game today..

4 shots was it? 3 on target, 3 good saves ? You could say their keeper had to make the better saves today
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:09 pm It's only right to point it out.

This was his most positive performance for a long time.

Made a positive impact I felt and that hasn't been said for years

Fair play Tyler, now build.
Maybe because he has to compete for his place now with Gelhardt? :duno:
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Almost looked competent today, that's a first.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:14 pm Maybe because he has to compete for his place now with Gelhardt? :duno:
Genuinely being afraid of losing his place may help I suppose.

Will see if he builds on this or was it just his one decent cameo a season.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:13 pm I didn't see much difference to how he normally plays. His in box contribution is usually high and he offers something different all the time. I still consider him better than Paddy as a footballer but Paddy is a lot luckier. I don't think I've seen a footballer as unlucky as Tyler.. A number of assists ruled out for offside or poor control from the target, hit the woodwork multiple times, gets fouled in the box a lot and produced maybe the best save of the game today..

4 shots was it? 3 on target, 3 good saves ? You could say their keeper had to make the better saves today
You could have hit the nail on the head there faaip by mentioning luck. You just know that he will not score either through poor finishing or often simply through plain bad luck. Some players seem to be lucky even when they are playing poorly, unfortunately for Roberts, he seems to have bad luck even when, on the very odd occasion, he is playing ok!
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Agree the was the best we have seen of him off the bench.

He has something in there but just needs to be stronger physically and mentally. How many times does he finish a passage of play on the deck or looking at the sky.

Hopefully this is a turning point, a goal would lift him I'm sure.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Comes to something when we agree roberts played well, one 15 minutes cameo however won't make him a better player, just shows how bad the rest were.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:49 pm Agree the was the best we have seen of him off the bench.

He has something in there but just needs to be stronger physically and mentally. How many times does he finish a passage of play on the deck or looking at the sky.

Hopefully this is a turning point, a goal would lift him I'm sure.
Probably less than Paddy tbf
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:13 pm I didn't see much difference to how he normally plays. His in box contribution is usually high and he offers something different all the time. I still consider him better than Paddy as a footballer but Paddy is a lot luckier. I don't think I've seen a footballer as unlucky as Tyler.. A number of assists ruled out for offside or poor control from the target, hit the woodwork multiple times, gets fouled in the box a lot and produced maybe the best save of the game today..

A point I made a few weeks back and once again Tyler is the nearly man. Can't keep blaming bad luck for him not getting the assist or not getting the goal. The good players take those chances or create chances that fall perfectlyfor someone to finish, not half a yard too far infront of them or dug into their feet etc.
There is definitely a good player there but he needs to improve the end product.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:59 pm A point I made a few weeks back and once again Tyler is the nearly man. Can't keep blaming bad luck for him not getting the assist or not getting the goal. The good players take those chances or create chances that fall perfectlyfor someone to finish, not half a yard too far infront of them or dug into their feet etc.
There is definitely a good player there but he needs to improve the end product.
Actually you can.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:15 am Actually you can.
We'll end up selling him and then his luck will turn and all the chances missed will start going in and the chances created will be taken.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:13 pm I still consider him better than Paddy as a footballer but Paddy is a lot luckier.
Ah now, while I don't like the constant criticism of Roberts, I have to disagree with the suggestion that Bamford is lucky. I don't think you can luck your way to being a Championship Player or the Year, 4th highest scorer in the Premier League and selection for England. If anything, I think he's been unlucky, having to play for dinosaurs like Dyche and Pulis.