Leeds players on yellows close to the suspension mark

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds players on yellows close to the suspension mark

Post by 1964white »

:booked: :booked: :booked: :booked: :booked:

4 Cooper
4 Rodrigo
4 Roberts
3 Llorente
3 Struijk
3 Firpo
3 Raphinha
1964white

Re: Leeds players on yellows close to the suspension mark

Post by 1964white »

Firpo hardly played any minutes & he's already incurred three yellow cards :shock:
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:03 am Firpo hardly played any minutes & he's already incurred three yellow cards :shock:
Same for Roberts - how has he 4 cards? It’s not that he’s that physical. The defence is always in danger, but Roberts and Rodrigo?? Are they just crap tacklers?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Llorente & Raph need to calm down. Struijk sounds like he's injured the rest may end up doing us a favour? :shhh: ;-)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Boo Radley wrote: Same for Roberts - how has he 4 cards? It’s not that he’s that physical. The defence is always in danger, but Roberts and Rodrigo?? Are they just crap tacklers?
Basically - ....yep ! I reckon Rodrigo is long sighted cos he just clatters into people like he hasn't seen them. As for Roberts....nuff said.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Surprised Cooper isn't facing a suspension now after two crude challenges against Palace, especially as the referee was chucking yellow cards around like confetti.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

none of those yellow were deserved... it is a FA conspiracy... refs have always got it in for Leeds... we should appeal... take it to a tribual... we want justice from the flat earth Santa.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:03 am Firpo hardly played any minutes & he's already incurred three yellow cards :shock:
He's going for the EPL record of most bookings for least amount of minutes on the pitch :)

Claim to fame ;-)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:20 am Basically - ....yep ! I reckon Rodrigo is long sighted cos he just clatters into people like he hasn't seen them. As for Roberts....nuff said.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
So that's what it is, they just both need to go to Specsavers and they'll be brilliant :geek:

Makes sense 🤣
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:18 pm He's going for the EPL record of most bookings for least amount of minutes on the pitch :)

Claim to fame ;-)
A defender who can't tackle :roll:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:29 pm A defender who can't tackle :roll:
I think we've got to give him time to see if he can establish himself and improve.

As others have commented, £13 million for a guy whose hardly played in the first team at Barca seems a bit steep. Especially when they're having a fire sale

At the moment it feels like Barca and Valencia have had our pants down for 40 million squid games :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:29 pm A defender who can't tackle :roll:
Oh he can tackle, there was a beauty last night, picked the pocket of the attacker almost without him knowing. Half expected him to carry on dribbling without the ball. Once he get minutes under his belt I think he'll be a plus Alioski wing back. He's a clever footballer who's not adjusted to the pace of the prem yet.

Roberts gets 3/4 tackles a game and is defensively sound for a midfielder. Better in the air than most too
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:11 pm Oh he can tackle, there was a beauty last night, picked the pocket of the attacker almost without him knowing. Half expected him to carry on dribbling without the ball. Once he get minutes under his belt I think he'll be a plus Alioski wing back. He's a clever footballer who's not adjusted to the pace of the prem yet.
Yes, Firpo needs time to settle, maybe his enthusiasm to impress cost him his last two yellows.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:58 pm I think we've got to give him time to see if he can establish himself and improve.

As others have commented, £13 million for a guy whose hardly played in the first team at Barca seems a bit steep. Especially when they're having a fire sale

At the moment it feels like Barca and Valencia have had our pants down for 40 million squid games :(
Let's hope the £13m we paid for Firpo proves to be a bargain as time goes on.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

IIRC Rodrigo got one for throwing the ball away, Raph for taking off his shirt
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

There is already an injuries and suspensions thread pinned for these discussions. My last post on it also gives the dates on when these suspensions expire.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:35 pm There is already an injuries and suspensions thread pinned for these discussions. My last post on it also gives the dates on when these suspensions expire.
So Coops & Rod have five games to survive a suspension.

I'll merge this thread later this week.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:30 pm IIRC Rodrigo got one for throwing the ball away, Raph for taking off his shirt
You recall correctly.