Tyler Roberts appreciation thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Tyler Roberts appreciation thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Tyler Roberts vs. Brentford:

26/33 successful passes
7 duels won
7/12 final third passes
6 penalty box touches
5 shots
5 ball recoveries
3 shots on-target
3/4 succ. take-ons
3 interceptions
2 fouls
2 times fouled
2 crosses
1 tackle won
1 blocked shot
1 blocked cross
1 goal

Take a bow Tyler ... should be a second MOTM performance
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Tyler Roberts.

Post by Carrick Dave »

Sorry Faaip, those stats don’t tell the whole story - he wasn’t the most influential player on the pitch.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Great first half, anonymous second. But thst was also like most of the other players on the pitch. Raph won that point for us imo, as he has done so many times this season
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Excellent for 90 today, the best player on the pitch and no coincidence those that know what they're talking about made him MOTM over on the MOTM thread...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chickened out of a tackle for their first goal and one of his shots went out for a throw in :lol:

Also never seen a player pass the ball out of play so much, it's almost a skill in itself.

Took his goal well tbf to him and was crucial in the buildup to the first goal as well.

Been most impressed with his work rate and willingness to go forward and take a risk on occasion.

Faded second half but improving, needs to Positively impact games on a consistent basis with goals and assists to show he has truly turned a corner though.

Hope Faaip hasn't spontaneously combusted with rage.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No point writing small, not wearing my glasses ... Two excellent crosses, two shots the keeper had to be on good form, lovely flick pass down the line. Great INT for his goal picking the runners pocket. Physical on the ball, tackled well. Wrongly booked, drew fouls. Kept us in the game after putting us ahead. Worked as hard as anybody as usual

Haters gonna hate though and there's a Robert' thread for them
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:25 pm Excellent for 90 today, the best player on the pitch and no coincidence those that know what they're talking about made him MOTM over on the MOTM thread...
I like to think I know what I am talking about and I had Roberts second to Raphinha for MOTM.

I do not, however, begrudge you your choice. Both were outstanding.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: Tyler Roberts appreciation thread

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Alot of experts on many subjects here on mot.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Roberts was one of our better players!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:13 am I like to think I know what I am talking about and I had Roberts second to Raphinha for MOTM.

I do not, however, begrudge you your choice. Both were outstanding.
I had Raph a close second so I'd not argue Raph for MOTM.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Does this mean that all players get a new thread when they have a good 45 minutes now?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

For some reason I'm visualising a large image of Roberts, the smell of burning incense accompanied with the sound of rythmic chanting.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Overman wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:57 am For some reason I'm visualising a large image of Roberts, the smell of burning incense accompanied with the sound of rythmic chanting.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

FFS, a player does what he's paid to do for 40 minutes and theres an appreciation thread, could'nt make it up.
He was undroppable before he scored, take it we have him forever now !!
Shite
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Let's hope he can keep it up. So many fans got way too excited by his brace after coming on as a sub v Hull. I think yesterday was his second goal since then. Definitely talent in there and hope he can show why Bielsa has kept faith in him.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:04 pm Let's hope he can keep it up. So many fans got way too excited by his brace after coming on as a sub v Hull. I think yesterday was his second goal since then. Definitely talent in there and hope he can show why Bielsa has kept faith in him.
I don't get carried away and I don't think it can be said anyone here has gotten carried away. Indeed he's the butt of just about every negative joke here.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:20 pm I don't get carried away and I don't think it can be said anyone here has gotten carried away. Indeed he's the butt of just about every negative joke here.
I was meaning in the aftermath of his brace v Hull where most seemed to be clamouing for him to be starting every match, in place of Bamford. I was one of very few who put his achievement in perspective as it came against a demoralised Hull side who were already losing,
Like you say though since then it has in the main been very negative against him. Let's hope he can build on it and turn potential into performances which are rewarded by goals and assists.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:20 pm I was meaning in the aftermath of his brace v Hull where most seemed to be clamouing for him to be starting every match, in place of Bamford. I was one of very few who put his achievement in perspective as it came against a demoralised Hull side who were already losing,
Like you say though since then it has in the main been very negative against him. Let's hope he can build on it and turn potential into performances which are rewarded by goals and assists.
All I'm asking for is a fair crack, he's as good a footballer as Paddy/Dallas and Ayling but 22. I've never said he should start until recently when, for me, he's proved he's currently the best 10 at the club. Not great competition from a struggling false 9, or a fading Polish international

He is still learning and he still a bit off the completed article but as I say still young .. .
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Robert's tried his best by causing havoc for Brentfords defense getting forward and running at them.

Leeds showed a fighting spirit and clawed themselves back into contention with the last remaining attack of the game. Overall, it's a point gained rather than 2 points lost and never forget it was Robert's that put Leeds in the driving seat by getting on the end of Raph's cross and steering the ball home.

Whatever happened second half is a matter for the experts and LUFC as a team. Well done Tyler. Keep up the work rate, show others how it's done and who knows what the future holds.
Hey you, out there on the road
Always doing what you're told
Can you help me?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:49 pm All I'm asking for is a fair crack
You think you will get that from the knee jerk masses? I can't help feeling he is a square peg in a round hole being played by a stubborn manager who has his favourites and has lost his marbles and should have signed a few more players in the summer and not cheap ones either.
Last edited by weasel on Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.