The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 18th January) - No truth in Nicolas Raskin rumour

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 18th January) - No truth in Nicolas Raskin rumour

Post by Carrick Dave »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:23 am £10m is extortionate for a Championship full back! Although why did Boro loan him out to Forest if he's that good? Suspect his agent is just throwing our name out for attention.
If we did sign him we'd have to leave him at Forest or Boro till June anyway as he's already played for 2 teams this season.
mentalcase

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 18th January) - No truth in Nicolas Raskin rumour

Post by mentalcase »

weasel wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:40 pm The concern for me would be that by the later stages of the season some clubs will know thier priorities. Take re-arranged matches against Chelsea and Liverpool towards the end of the season and they may have nothing to play for (too far behind City to win the title but comfortably secure in the top 4) and as such field weakened teams so they have their full team available for Champions League matches or FA Cup matches. Or you could face a mid table team such as a Leicester or West Ham that has nothing to play for but rest their players so as to keep them fresh for an FA Cup match.

Hopefully though it won't be of any real concern for us and we won't get dragged down into a relegation dogfight. We will hopefully have a strong end of season with the injury revolving door bringing some fresh players back to replace the newly injured. If we get some of the injuries clearing up and don't get any new ones we can hopefully replicate the great finish to the season that we had last year.
That could be the decisive factor, our fitness when others around are flailing, another strong finish I expect from us :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:09 pm That could be the decisive factor, our fitness when others around are flailing, another strong finish I expect from us :tup:
Cue Moyes moaning that it's unfair as we didn't have Europe or a cup run. :lol:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Burnley are already planning for league one, why else would a team sell their striker to Newcastle. Pathetic. You can't blame Wood.... i bet he's doubled his wages overnight. Burnley are a poor side time has finally caught up with them i feel.

Both form teams in the Championship at different ends of the table. Can't see Wilder wanting the boat rocked at all but Derby are a liability. We know what its like selling our best players for buttons.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Not sure I could stomach Wilder back in the PL, smug ba***rd !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk