Derby - in financial turmoil & Roonless !

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Derby definitely down now!

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Mel Morris has got what he deserved. Every rule he could bend or nearly break he did for his own ego and glory.

It summed it all up for me when they managed to pay Rooney a huge rate, thinking they had once more dodged FFP, and anyhow, they would surely get promoted now and dig themselves out of a financial black hole.

Morris was blinded by the big names. He needed another star after Lampard had failed to get them up.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:41 pm Mel Morris has got what he deserved. Every rule he could bend or nearly break he did for his own ego and glory.

It summed it all up for me when they managed to pay Rooney a huge rate, thinking they had once more dodged FFP, and anyhow, they would surely get promoted now and dig themselves out of a financial black hole.

Morris was blinded by the big names. He needed another star after Lampard had failed to get them up.
Exactly. He seemed like an odious, arrogant character, and the fans all went along with it. Can't help enjoying seeing someone like that humiliated by failure, and some sense of justice being done, especially after spygate and the playoff semi.

I don't generally like to see fans of a club suffer because of the misdealings of owners, but in this case I've no sympathy. My ex and a lot of my friends are Derby; they've been pretty quiet about football for a while now. Let's keep it that way!
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

SaraM wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:00 am Exactly. He seemed like an odious, arrogant character, and the fans all went along with it. Can't help enjoying seeing someone like that humiliated by failure, and some sense of justice being done, especially after spygate and the playoff semi.

I don't generally like to see fans of a club suffer because of the misdealings of owners, but in this case I've no sympathy. My ex and a lot of my friends are Derby; they've been pretty quiet about football for a while now. Let's keep it that way!
I do like the words "failed" and "Lampard" in the same sentence .
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Clacton White wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:06 am I do like the words "failed" and "Lampard" in the same sentence .
Go together like horse and carriage.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

Ex-Newcastle owner Mike Ashley considers bid for Derby County https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59917872
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Lorimer46 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:49 am Ex-Newcastle owner Mike Ashley considers bid for Derby County https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59917872
Reminds me of the bates era, he bought clubs for as little as possible , and in our case, did his best to destroy us completely, all because our fans (allegedly) smashed his new scoreboard up in the 80s, pure horrible person KB.
Why the board at the time even considered letting anywhere near our county never mind club is beyond me.

Bates quote " I want to see that club and those scum fans kicked out of the league altogether, I'll do everything in my power to achieve this"
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:04 am Reminds me of the bates era, he bought clubs for as little as possible , and in our case, did his best to destroy us completely, all because our fans (allegedly) smashed his new scoreboard up in the 80s, pure horrible person KB.
Why the board at the time even considered letting anywhere near our county never mind club is beyond me.

Bates quote " I want to see that club and those scum fans kicked out of the league altogether, I'll do everything in my power to achieve this"
That certainly seems to be Ashley's M.O. in when it comes to the businesses he buys
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

They are so so close to liquidation.

The EFL want proof that Derby will be able to fulfil there financial and match obligations for the rest of the season and they want proof by the 1st of February.

The EFL expect Derby to run out of money by next month and if that happens then liquidation is the next move.

The Derby administrators say they have 3 interested buyers but the threat of new sanctions and the legal challenge by Middlesbrough and Wycombe are putting them off (those legal claims are worth upto £40million).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I can't take pleasure in another club going out of business

But the fact that their fans are trying to blame everyone else (The EFL, Steve Gibson, Wycombe) rather than accepting that the only person to blame is Mel Morris and Derby County.

Derby aren't the victims here.

Derby fans were wetting themselves laughing when Mel was selling Pride Park to themselves and they were blatantly cheating the system.

Karma.

Can't take pleasure in them going out of business but the way their fans act makes it very very hard not to.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/an-open-lett ... -county-fc

Steve Gibson sent an open letter to the Derby administrators
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

And why is the media perpetuating this narrative that Derby County are the victims ffs.
Signed

King Cjay

Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Oh what fun!

Personally I don’t have a scintilla of sympathy for Derby’s plight. Apart from the fact that they have brought it all on themselves by trying to cheat ffp rules (as Cjay says they are not victims), we should not forget the absolute mountain out of a molehill they and their supporters made out of Spygate which, I’m still convinced, was severely detrimental to our promotion push that year.

Perfect karma as far as I can see!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Derby RELEGATED

Post by 1964white »

Derby lose in the last two minutes at Loftus Road that sees the m officially relegated
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Such a shame ...not

Now go out of business and do us all a favour
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:04 pm Derby lose in the last two minutes at Loftus Road that sees the m officially relegated

What an amazing comeback by Reading.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Derby fans

"Screw you Mel 👍
Feel pretty numb too.
Been coming but still bloody hurts whatever the circumstances. 😢
Proud of the team, staff and supporters for a great season in many ways.
We'll be back. Time for 🥃"

"They docked us 21 points
but we don’t give a duck
Cos we are derby county
and coming straight back up"

"All things considered. 21 point deduction, ever decreasing squad. All the poo that is going on in the back ground. Having to play youth most games I guess you would blame the only man who has had the dignity to stick around and give it a go. Well done you"

"As per most of the away games, absolutely toothless and dire. Credit to Wayne for keeping us going this far. HOWEVER, he really needs to up his game concerning the away performances, absolutely shocking away form. How the hell he hasn't managed a couple more away wins? All we needed was a few to stay up"

"Its frustrating seeing Aston Villa able to afford players like Coutinho. That play off final had so much riding on it. It could have easily been Villa in this situation if we'd have won that game.
21 points was always going to be a massive deficit to overcome and had we not got the additional 9 points deducted we'd still be in with a chance now, but so be it, next year we try to get back in the championship"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Poor old Roonpig :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:17 pm Derby fans

"Screw you Mel 👍
Feel pretty numb too.
Been coming but still bloody hurts whatever the circumstances. 😢
Proud of the team, staff and supporters for a great season in many ways.
We'll be back. Time for 🥃"

"They docked us 21 points
but we don’t give a duck
Cos we are derby county
and coming straight back up"

"All things considered. 21 point deduction, ever decreasing squad. All the poo that is going on in the back ground. Having to play youth most games I guess you would blame the only man who has had the dignity to stick around and give it a go. Well done you"

"As per most of the away games, absolutely toothless and dire. Credit to Wayne for keeping us going this far. HOWEVER, he really needs to up his game concerning the away performances, absolutely shocking away form. How the hell he hasn't managed a couple more away wins? All we needed was a few to stay up"

"Its frustrating seeing Aston Villa able to afford players like Coutinho. That play off final had so much riding on it. It could have easily been Villa in this situation if we'd have won that game.
21 points was always going to be a massive deficit to overcome and had we not got the additional 9 points deducted we'd still be in with a chance now, but so be it, next year we try to get back in the championship"
Yet the man who started their demise gets off scott free? 🤔 From both the fans and the media.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Hopefully Wycombe win the playoffs 👍
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

The fact that they lost in the last 2 minutes is the cherry on top.

I hope they go on to drop so far down the leagues that we’ll need binoculars to see them!