RIP To Those Departed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:44 am
I remember my wife caught a (somewhat sweat soaked) towel he chucked into the crowd, she couldn’t miss it as it got her square in the chops, and when we got home found a plectrum (with ‘The Snake’ embossed on it) down the front of her shirt, which must have been one of several the guitarist was throwing into the crowd.

RIP Meat
214647BD-BC9D-48B6-B949-268F38978EAF.jpeg
Ugh :(

I rather have a smelly pair of knickers in my face :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14630
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by hector »

I thought everyone had a copy of Bat out of Hell!!!

Sadly he never surpassed that album,
and as '64 stated Steinman passed and so has Tod Rundgren who did the guitar work on that album.

Like Muppet... I like that album, but not so much any of his other work.
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14809
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by lufc1304 »

Never a fan myself, but that album was/is iconic, shifting something like 43m copies. Interesting character in interview, I liked him despite not being a fan of the music. RIP
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:59 am I thought everyone had a copy of Bat out of Hell!!!

Sadly he never surpassed that album,
and as '64 stated Steinman passed and so has Tod Rundgren who did the guitar work on that album.

Like Muppet... I like that album, but not so much any of his other work.
Not here, Hector. I heard the album 1000's of times over a two year period, got sick of it tbh. Same with the likes of Oasis, another band I wouldn't want to hear in my life again, they ripped off The Beatles anyway.

You'd be surprised how many of those type of artists I actually have in my collection, which I'll never play again.

Good old Todd too, this is the place for knowledgable music aficionados :tup:
WhiteRose
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3693
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by WhiteRose »

My wife dragged me to the bat out of hell musical a few months back and whilst the story was tripe the music was fantastic (obviously not a patch on meat loaf singing himself though) rejuvenated my love of his music and been top of my playlist ever since.
Azkal
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5475
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:15 am

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by Azkal »

Witnessed ML as a very young lad at Donnington 83, not my thing personally, was there to listen to Jon Lord & Cozy Powell do their thing with WS, and Ronnie James Dio with his self named band. Other than that the bearded boys from ZZT were class, although WS's lighting & pyrotechnics probably took the plaudits. Seemed to remember ML took the brunt of the bottle throwing which was the fad at the time at Donnington. RIP
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by mentalcase »

Azkal wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:42 am Witnessed ML as a very young lad at Donnington 83, not my thing personally, was there to listen to Jon Lord & Cozy Powell do their thing with WS, and Ronnie James Dio with his self named band. Other than that the bearded boys from ZZT were class, although WS's lighting & pyrotechnics probably took the plaudits. Seemed to remember ML took the brunt of the bottle throwing which was the fad at the time at Donnington. RIP
I went to the first 4/5 Donnington rock gigs, brilliant.
Also had / maybe still have, a copy of Bat out of Hell, an iconic album of yesteryear, the others weren't as good shall we say, the trio of Steinman, Lundgren and Meat Loaf worked well, more of an American band.
Once saw a tribute act 'Pete Loaf' in a pub, the women were loving it :lol:
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by mentalcase »

I had a £10 treble on Sidney Pottier, Kevin Keegan and Meat Loaf all dying this month, I suppose 2 out 3 ain't bad !!
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:11 am I had a £10 treble on Sidney Pottier, Kevin Keegan and Meat Loaf all dying this month, I suppose 2 out 3 ain't bad !!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8782
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:58 am Ugh :(

I rather have a smelly pair of knickers in my face :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's between you and Mrs 64
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by Mountain »

Didn't like his songs but lots of memories of hair and sweaty embraces, the local disco (we never called them nightclubs) played Two Out of Three Aint Bad in every slow set when I was a teenager.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8201
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by Mrs64 »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:17 am That's between you and Mrs 64
Nothing to do we me Chilli, I'm not wasting my pretty knickers on Leon which he actually buys for me sometimes :)
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by Clacton White »

hector wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:59 am I thought everyone had a copy of Bat out of Hell!!!

Sadly he never surpassed that album,
and as '64 stated Steinman passed and so has Tod Rundgren who did the guitar work on that album.

Like Muppet... I like that album, but not so much any of his other work.
I haven't got a copy .
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by velo »

I heard this on the drive home sad news, as most have said B.o.o.h was his best work IMHO
RIP
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8782
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by Chilli D »

Mrs64 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:00 am Nothing to do we me Chilli, I'm not wasting my pretty knickers on Leon which he actually buys for me sometimes :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:22 pm
Twitter: @dsc67
Location: Tweedbank, Scottish Borders

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by Lorimer46 »

I was shocked and saddened to hear this , I saw him live years ago fantastic performer Him and Steinem created some fabulous tracks , Heaven can wait ,For crying out loud and Paradise by the dashboard light are all superb along with many more
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by velo »

Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:22 pm
Twitter: @dsc67
Location: Tweedbank, Scottish Borders

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by Lorimer46 »

velo wrote: ↑Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:45 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Cik61A6lM
Fantastic :cry:
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:11 am I had a £10 treble on Sidney Pottier, Kevin Keegan and Meat Loaf all dying this month, I suppose 2 out 3 ain't bad !!
Classic mate :lol:

Don't be sad though 🤣
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: RIP To Those Departed - Meat Loaf

Post by White Riot »

Sad to see Meat Loaf go, RIP

Not my cuppa really that music, but a great artist and showman.
Post Reply