Norwich out of the bottom 3.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Norwich out of the bottom 3.

Post by billysboots »

Apologies if Norwich already has a thread.
Out of the bottom 3, didn’t think they would manage that.
I thought they gone, just waiting for the axe to fall.
There Is Only One United.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Norwich out of the bottom 3.

Post by White Riot »

billysboots wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:55 am Apologies if Norwich already has a thread.
Maybe Dean Smith is a genius? And a thoroughly nice chap too :duno: :)
hector

Post by hector »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:21 am Maybe Dean Smith is a genius? And a thoroughly nice chap too :duno: :)
Have you been snorting the toilet duck again Riot???

You know it makes you delusional....

:) :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norwich have done what they had to do by beating teams around them, Everton & Watford.

They have many tough fixtures coming up however they also have Newcastle, Burnley & Brentford to play at Carrow Road, so you never know :duno: the canaries have given themselves a chance with those two consecutive victories.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

billysboots wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:55 am Apologies if Norwich already has a thread.
No problem Billys, I'll allow your thread to run for a while before merging it with the Norwich thread.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

hector wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:30 am Have you been snorting the toilet duck again Riot???

You know it makes you delusional....

:) :)
The toilet duck snorts me mate, and he tells me I'm mighty fine :?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:47 am Norwich have done what they had to do by beating teams around them, Everton & Watford.

They have many tough fixtures coming up however they also have Newcastle, Burnley & Brentford to play at Carrow Road, so you never know :duno: the canaries have given themselves a chance with those two consecutive victories.
Citeh, Spurs, us, Wolves and Norridge are the only EPL teams to have won their last two matches :)

If you look at results over the past 5 matches, Newcastle, Watford, and Burnley have managed a combined total of 5 points from 15 matches :?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:01 am Citeh, Spurs, us, Wolves and Norridge are the only EPL teams to have won their last two matches :)

If you look at results over the past 5 matches, Newcastle, Watford, and Burnley have managed a combined total of 5 points from 15 matches :?
A real negative stat for those three clubs & to be honest, you can't see things changing.

Hope I haven't put the mockers on Leeds today after that comment.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:08 am A real negative stat for those three clubs & to be honest, you can't see things changing.

With our upturn in from and the way Newcastle are performing, and especially "defending" we should be expecting to smash them today and I've predicted 5-0.

Howe usually goes for an open style of play, which is partially dictated by their garbage defence, so that is gonna suit us down to the ground. They'll go toe to toe and get woofed by us.

Watford are an absolute mess and Ranieri is probably gonna be sacked very, soon, Burnley's luck has finally run out and they've sold their main goal threat. If Howe can get some better defenders in and get some momentum going Newcastle could still climb out of it, but tbh they've still been tripe since he came in, so I can't see him turning that round.

Everton and Brentford are also on horrendous runs, so if Newcastle can get some momentum going, one of those two could easily go down.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:37 am With our upturn in from and the way Newcastle are performing, and especially "defending" we should be expecting to smash them today and I've predicted 5-0.

Howe usually goes for an open style of play, which is partially dictated by their garbage defence, so that is gonna suit us down to the ground. They'll go toe to toe and get woofed by us.

Watford are an absolute mess and Ranieri is probably gonna be sacked very, soon, Burnley's luck has finally run out and they've sold their main goal threat. If Howe can get some better defenders in and get some momentum going Newcastle could still climb out of it, but tbh they've still been tripe since he came in, so I can't see him turning that round.

Everton and Brentford are also on horrendous runs, so if Newcastle can get some momentum going, one of those two could easily go down.
Agree totally James :tup:

Is there a stat evident that if a team are bottom of the PL at Christmastime, they are generally relegated.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:41 am Agree totally James :tup:

Is there a stat evident that if a team are bottom of the PL at Christmastime, they are generally relegated.
I think that is the applied logic, there may have been a few rare exceptions though.

I can't stand Smith and his shenanigans, that we experienced when he was at Villa and the Bees, but credit to him and Norwich if he can pull this off.

You could argue, with Farke as an example, that it's not healthy to get too sentimental about coaches/managers, if you know what I mean ;-)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:08 am A real negative stat for those three clubs & to be honest, you can't see things changing.

Are you going to the match today Leon?

Should be a good bit of banter with the Geordies, good supporters imo :clap:
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:50 am No problem Billys, I'll allow your thread to run for a while before merging it with the Norwich thread.
Thanks 64, couldn’t find it,

Amazing what a run of good results can do, as we have experienced ourselves.
There Is Only One United.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:37 am Howe usually goes for an open style of play, which is partially dictated by their garbage defence, so that is gonna suit us down to the ground. They'll go toe to toe and get woofed by us.
That would be the same Howe who has gone to the Etihad and basically put everyone behind the ball so that his team didn't even have a single shot during the game and if memory serves me right had less than 20% possession. They still lost. I would think though that with Newcastle needing points he'd likely be a bit braver against us although I full expect him to try a more counter attacking style hoping to take advantage if we lose possession in dangerous areas.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:45 am You could argue, with Farke as an example, that it's not healthy to get too sentimental about coaches/managers, if you know what I mean ;-)
A lot of the 'new manager bounce' can be put down to teams getting that bit of luck that they had go against them during the bad spell. Suddenly the striker scores instead of missing that sitter, the opposition doesn't score that worldie etc. Also as evidenced by us a bad run can coincide with injuries and suddenly the new manager comes in as one or two players return to fitness and is the win due to the manager or the 2 key players returning? If a new manager had come in at Leeds and got the 2 successive wins we have just had would it be down to the new manager or rather down to the combination of having a more balanced team and playing Burnely and West Ham instead of Man City and Arsenal.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I like Norwich as a club. Hope they escape.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Britain's second city at one point behind London
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

weasel wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:18 pm That would be the same Howe who has gone to the Etihad and basically put everyone behind the ball so that his team didn't even have a single shot during the game and if memory serves me right had less than 20% possession. They still lost. I would think though that with Newcastle needing points he'd likely be a bit braver against us although I full expect him to try a more counter attacking style hoping to take advantage if we lose possession in dangerous areas.
Seems a sensible option going to the Etihad. Limit the damage it may be crucial come may.