Sadly due to the loss of many members over the years for various reasons, we haven't got enough members to fulfil two of the three of the leagues we compete in, which a real shame for our long-standing bowls club. For now, one of the leaser leagues will continue, one I don't participate in. Currently, we only have 14 members
We have no problem with the Indoors bowls as we seem to be attracting more members from other local clubs every year, membership standing at 60 this season. The Indoor Bowls subsidises the Outdoor game, so at least we still have a club operating seven days a week during the autumn/winter months.
I had a few options to consider where I play outdoor bowls in the future. I approached my pal Billy (he initially got me into bowls) who lives in our village & have signed up to Cranswick Bowls Club on a free of course. Billy, Andy, Janet, Nick all use to play at Middleton in years gone by plus I know many other bowlers down there, so it was an obvious choice imo! Also, they are a progressive club winning many trophies of late with a lovely green, much easier than the Middleton surface which was hard work at times.
Billy's words to me when I signed up, "at last we've got you at Cranswick after many years of asking"
Anyway, I'm over the moon, looking forward to a new challenge after what was a poor outdoor season for me personally & the MOTW club last season.
Can't wait....
Massive indoor match this afternoon v Jack High from Sledmere Bowls Club. We are just above them in the table, should we beat them for a third time this season, I would think the league title is in the bag. Not counting my chickens yet, as it will no doubt be a nail-biting game!




