Jet lag and distance travel affect everyone differently. Ralph gets a pass for me and even just standing on the pitch affects the other team as they always have to account for him. He’s also talismanic for us.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
faaip wrote: ↑Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:32 pm
Klich was my third best player last night...he had a good game IMO, some really clever runs
Klich had a decent game, I gave him 7/10.
It doesn't take away the fact that Klich is one footed, poor shooter generally & lacks pace, yes he has scored some beauties however they are few & far between!
Right now, Klich is the best we've got & warrants his place in our first team. I personally don't think he'll be at Leeds next season, I believe the pace of the PL would be step too far for him as Mateusz will be 32yo.
faaip wrote: ↑Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:51 pm
Jet lag and distance travel affect everyone differently. Ralph gets a pass for me and even just standing on the pitch affects the other team as they always have to account for him. He’s also talismanic for us.
Raphinha gets a pass from all of us, I suspect
One of the greatest players to grace the ER pitch in the modern era.
1964white wrote: ↑Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:01 pm
Klich had a decent game, I gave him 7/10.
It doesn't take away the fact that Klich is one footed, poor shooter generally & lacks pace, yes he has scored some beauties however they are few & far between!
Right now, Klich is the best we've got & warrants his place in our first team. I personally don't think he'll be at Leeds next season, I believe the pace of the PL would be step too far for him as Mateusz will be 32yo.
I hope Klich stays. I can see us bringing in a midfielder or two and Klich getting less games. For what we'd get for him though we'd certainly have to spend several times that amount to buy a player as good as him, even to just sit on the bench. That player would also need to be taught the Bielsa way.
I think our strategy is spot on if we look to buy 2 or 3 quality players per year to improve the starting line-up and those that are 'replaced' as starters stay to provide competition and squad depth and at some point fall down the pecking order as hopefully youth players progress.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
weasel wrote: ↑Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:26 pm
I hope Klich stays. I can see us bringing in a midfielder or two and Klich getting less games. For what we'd get for him though we'd certainly have to spend several times that amount to buy a player as good as him, even to just sit on the bench. That player would also need to be taught the Bielsa way.
I think our strategy is spot on if we look to buy 2 or 3 quality players per year to improve the starting line-up and those that are 'replaced' as starters stay to provide competition and squad depth and at some point fall down the pecking order as hopefully youth players progress.
I'm happy with Klich as part of our squad, however we need more pace & goals from the middle of the park.
The players are out there, we need someone with similarities to Foden, Gallagher, Ramsey, Elliott, etc all cracking young players with energy & goals in their locker, I have no doubt any of those mentioned would improve our midfield, no chance of attracting of them but that's the calibre & quality of player we should be tracking.
weasel wrote: ↑Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:26 pm
I hope Klich stays. I can see us bringing in a midfielder or two and Klich getting less games. For what we'd get for him though we'd certainly have to spend several times that amount to buy a player as good as him, even to just sit on the bench. That player would also need to be taught the Bielsa way.
A year with Mateuz mentoring his protegee Bogusz might reap some reward.
Mountain wrote: ↑Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:24 pm
There are posters blaming Bielsa for Raphinha's performance.
I know there are (not me by the way).
Why not just post a constructive response to their comments instead of posting sarcastic comments all the time?
Or just ignore them?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Chilli D wrote: ↑Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:27 pm
I know there are (not me by the way).
Why not just post a constructive response to their comments instead of posting sarcastic comments all the time?
Or just ignore them?
There's a coteries of posters that blame Bielsa for everything. Everything.
Raphinha has a bad game, Bielsa's fault.
The club breaks records for bringing in teenagers, well the senior players are getting injured by Bielsa, or he's not playing the teenagers enough.
The club fails to sign players, well Bielsa has inexplicably turned them down and they would have been great.
There are glaring inconsistencies in some of the attacks, like the sign more players and introduce more youngsters one.
I don't buy the claim that posters who like him and think he's doing a good job must be constructive to those who post the most withering and relentless criticism non stop.
Mountain wrote: ↑Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:54 pm
There's a coteries of posters that blame Bielsa for everything. Everything.
Raphinha has a bad game, Bielsa's fault.
The club breaks records for bringing in teenagers, well the senior players are getting injured by Bielsa, or he's not playing the teenagers enough.
The club fails to sign players, well Bielsa has inexplicably turned them down and they would have been great.
There are glaring inconsistencies in some of the attacks, like the sign more players and introduce more youngsters one.
I don't buy the claim that posters who like him and think he's doing a good job must be constructive to those who post the most withering and relentless criticism non stop.
People suggesting maybe Raph needed a rest is hardly blaming Bielsa? Personally in hindsight he probably did but can't blame Bielsa for that. Now if he plays him vs Everton though and it's the same story then surely questions do have to start to be asked? Player can't play all the time after all.
The teenagers and injury thing has been done to death but you really believe 100% that Bielsa and his methods have absolutely 0 impact on the injuries? Absolutely no way in any shape or form this may be a possibility?
Bielsa does turn players down and it isn't unreasonable to suggest he isn't always right surely?
The flip side of that is those who seemingly support everything he does also look for digs and offense where none was meant and end up being quite rude unnecessarily.
Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:30 pm
People suggesting maybe Raph needed a rest is hardly blaming Bielsa? Personally in hindsight he probably did but can't blame Bielsa for that. Now if he plays him vs Everton though and it's the same story then surely questions do have to start to be asked? Player can't play all the time after all.
The teenagers and injury thing has been done to death but you really believe 100% that Bielsa and his methods have absolutely 0 impact on the injuries? Absolutely no way in any shape or form this may be a possibility?
Bielsa does turn players down and it isn't unreasonable to suggest he isn't always right surely?
The flip side of that is those who seemingly support everything he does also look for digs and offense where none was meant and end up being quite rude unnecessarily.
I don't think the small minority who believe that Bielsa can do no wrong help their cause by being quite angry, rude and belligerent at times. It reminds me of the most staunch anti -vaxxers who have no idea how to put their arguments and beliefs over diplomatically and with a degree of charm. You don't win people over with that kind of approach.
At times it almost puts me off Bielsa simply because of the overly defensive and sometimes paranoid attitude of those who worship him. It gives me the creeps a bit, as it reminds me of something like scientology, and frankly it just makes me run in the opposite direction through taking a contrarian view almost automatically.