She'll be fine.. 10 people in my mums care home have had covid since first week of JAN now, it's still in lockdown. All 10 have serious existing health conditions, none have had more than a runny nose or slight cough.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Anonymous wrote: ↑Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:34 pm
My partner (triple vaccinated) tested positive on Tuesday and spent a couple of days in bed with a mildish flu. Despite being an unvaccinated plague rat, and in close contact, I'm fine... maybe there is something to this natural immunity after all.
Shhh, doesn't suit the mantra everyone is muttering under their collective breaths
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Anonymous wrote: ↑Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:34 pm
My partner (triple vaccinated) tested positive on Tuesday and spent a couple of days in bed with a mildish flu. Despite being an unvaccinated plague rat, and in close contact, I'm fine... maybe there is something to this natural immunity after all.
A sample size of 1 is possibly not the basis for sweeping conclusions.
Many people never caught it. Many did. 6 million of them died.
Anonymous wrote: ↑Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:34 pm
My partner (triple vaccinated) tested positive on Tuesday and spent a couple of days in bed with a mildish flu. Despite being an unvaccinated plague rat, and in close contact, I'm fine... maybe there is something to this natural immunity after all.
Hope they are feeling better now, my partner who has a history of chest trouble, caught covid 2 months ago, it knocked her of her feet for 2 days, tough old bird, top cyclist in her day, maybe that helped? I hope so LOL
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.
Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls
Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Anonymous wrote: ↑Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:00 pm
Yes thanks, Velo. I was very poorly when I originally had it two years ago, but been fine since. Partner never has flu or anything normally, so surprised to get it.
Good, Covid can be nasty
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.
Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls
Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Anonymous wrote: ↑Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:05 pm
I've had dog's abuse for deciding to rely on natural immunity, so I think I'm allowed to be pleased at being vindicated.
Well if a doctor told you the reason you did not get it was natural immunity, you are indeed vindicated in your choice. And obviously if your partner had not been vaccinated, the consequences may have been far more serious than a couple of days in bed, so it's win win.
Anonymous wrote: ↑Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:05 pm
No need to be so pious. No sweeping conclusions either, just my personal experience. I've had dog's abuse for deciding to rely on natural immunity, so I think I'm allowed to be pleased at being vindicated.
Everyone makes their own choices in life, don't bow down to his level
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.
Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls
Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
velo wrote: ↑Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:58 pm
And so is patronising...over and done
It's not at all patronising to suggest that doctors are in a better position to give advice about medical matters than you, me and Sara. It's logical, rational and common sense.
Mountain wrote: ↑Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:02 pm
It's not at all patronising to suggest that doctors are in a better position to give advice about medical matters than you, me and Sara. It's logical, rational and common sense.
I'm done, you are obviously right,
It's as easy to buy a scientist, doctor as a politician
All corrupt
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.
Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls
Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
velo wrote: ↑Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:04 pm
It's as easy to buy a scientist, doctor as a politician
All corrupt
The suggestion that we should trust people with no qualifications at all because all the GPs are in on some giant scam is, yet again, illogical, irrational and silly.
And no, that is not patronising. I'm not a doctor so I'm not talking down to you at all. I'm merely stating the obvious.
Mountain wrote: ↑Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:17 pm
The suggestion that we should trust people with no qualifications at all because all the GPs are in on some giant scam is, yet again, illogical, irrational and silly.
And no, that is not patronising. I'm not a doctor so I'm not talking down to you at all. I'm merely stating the obvious.
Done
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.
Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls
Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Mountain wrote: ↑Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:02 pm
It's not at all patronising to suggest that doctors are in a better position to give advice about medical matters than you, me and Sara. It's logical, rational and common sense.
Depends on the doctor surely, an awful lot are just plain wrong
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"