Clearout Imminent!!!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Clearout Imminent!!!!!

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:02 am They have to start somewhere!
Not in the Premier League.

That's why so many academy players go out loan, to lower league clubs to gain experience!
`
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

WhiteRose wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:06 pm Complete guess work here and I’m sure these numbers will be shot down. But with my extensive experience with football manager I thought I’d guess - I think all the below either should go or we will choose to sell

Meslier - £10m
Ayling - 0
Llorente - £8m
Phillips - £35-40m
Koch - £10m
Raph - £25m
Klich - £0
Bamford - £12m
Rodrigo - £10m
Harrison - £10m
Firpo -£7-8m
Forshaw - £0

Should be an eventful summer and to be honest apart from Phillips I’m not bothered about any of the rest - grateful in the most part for what they have given us but time to move on
Dont think you are too far off in the evaluations

Though I reckon Harrison would be a decent player to hold on to as would Forshaw.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:19 am Would you please share your reasoning for that Clacton, 64 and Mentalcase ?

Why him first ?
Because any strengthening of the team starts with him and his inept transfer dealings , failure to get players , failure to fill the positions needing strengthening ........the whole damned thing involving him and his supposed transfers . I do wonder exactly who he offered to Bielsa at times and wonder why Bielsa went with such a small squad when he said he was always open to better players than he had( allegedly) , if that's the case then Orta wasn't offering better maybe ...........but Bielsa carried the can for a lot of Orta created issues , now , I thought you may appreciate that particular opinion😉.
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

It really depends on the relegation release clauses, if there are any apart from Raph.
Raph and KP surely go and we would like to ship out the high earners such as Rodrigo. We can try and offload Firpo and Llorente at a discount but that’s pretty much it.

It would be prudent to keep hold of everyone else who played for us in the championship last time and some of the youngish players we bought in the PL like James and Koch.
Then add a couple of midfielders, a backup striker, a fullback and off we go.

Orta for sure has to go. I don’t think Marsch is the man to get us out of the Championship but doubt they will fire him which would be a disaster by November.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Clacton White wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:11 pm Because any strengthening of the team starts with him and his inept transfer dealings , failure to get players , failure to fill the positions needing strengthening ........the whole damned thing involving him and his supposed transfers . I do wonder exactly who he offered to Bielsa at times and wonder why Bielsa went with such a small squad when he said he was always open to better players than he had( allegedly) , if that's the case then Orta wasn't offering better maybe ...........but Bielsa carried the can for a lot of Orta created issues , now , I thought you may appreciate that particular opinion😉.
Agreed he needs to go, last thing we want is him squandering parachute payments. I do think Bielsa had a massively inflated opinion on the players he had at his disposal though which must have made it difficult to find better alternatives in budget - I find it hard to believe a better CM than what we have was never mooted in 3.5 years.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:02 am They have to start somewhere!
Think it was the U18' playing in the U23's that set that ship on a relegation course. The 23's would have been fine if half weren't needed for the first team squad...

Agree though, everyone starts somewhere... and none have let us down when they've played. Often garnering high marks in the scoring... If they're not good enough it would show the second they put their boot on a premiership pitch... Hjelde, Cresswell, Gelhardt, Summerville even Greenwood have played with confidence and fight when they've had to play... Hjelde has the best LWB performance this season imo.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Firpo's season has been roughly akin to Alio's first season for us at LWB ... but at a higher level. Getting rid unless he wants to go makes no sense.

It's often quoted that overseas players need a season to settle and Firpo has two MOTM performances behind him already albeit in poor games for us. Someone needs to teach him to stand off his man though, this does two things, slows up play and makes it hard for the opposition player to pass you.. I do wonder considering his aerial ability and stature if CB isn't his best position. He has played there before
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

I’d like to keep Firpo too, he may just find his feet in the Championship and we can add another body to compete.
As far as I am concerned, the only ones leaving should be Raph, KP, Rodrigo, Kiko and Llorente.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:49 am It's a complete disaster, i don't even know where to start, but basically virtually none of these are good enough bar Raphinha.
KP will need to be sold asap coz his value is plummeting as we speak.

The master got them all playing collectively as a TEAM, individually they are nothing and worth peanuts, there is a big difference between individual brilliance and his split second passing and thinking (Raphinha) and a team player.

Raphinha could start tomorrow for Citeh or Lpool no problem at all, all he would need would be a few hours with the manager about his role and what's expected of him, there'll obviously be some tweaking to be done here and there and he might just get 'it' instantly or it might take a month or so to get used to his team mates until he's firing on all cylinders, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was an instant hit, he's the perfect replacement for Salah, he would have to up his positional sense but it wouldn't be a problem at all for Klopp after a few sessions.

I could list every single Leeds player and their worth and what they're all about, but it's too fcking long winded and i'm totally pizzed off this morning coz the realisation is setting in that we're back to fcking s**t Leeds again and the wilderness years, it's fcking heartbreaking that we've lost the guy that could've taken us back to the dizzy heights.

Thge clown hasn't a fcking clue btw, and should be shot at dawn.
I agree with a lot of what you have said here. But there is no way Bielsa would have taken us down and stayed on - he would of left of his own volition or been sacked at that point.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

No doubt the papers will have a great time telling us we are interested in only thing they never come.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

WhiteRose wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:36 pm I agree with a lot of what you have said here. But there is no way Bielsa would have taken us down and stayed on - he would of left of his own volition or been sacked at that point.
Well first thing as you probably know, i don't think he'd have got us relegated, but it did cross my mind what he would do if we did coz the cavalry never came back.

I was 50/50.

Perhaps he'd walk if he felt it was all his fault. But he wouldn't want to be deemed a failure, plus he'd have walked before pushed if he felt he couldn't fix what was wrong.

But he loved this baby project of his so much that he'd wanna get it right.

It's whether he thought.... 'fck this, there's not enough money here to catch the big boys up and i hampered with a Clown bringing me shopping from food banks.'
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

People like KP, Raph will be gone

Meslier will go.

I'd definitely look to offload Llorente and Rodrigo, try and claw some money back, surely worth £10mil a piece to some Spanish club.

I'd also sell Harrison if possible as I think because of his nationality we would get decent money for a phenomenally inconsistent player and I do think the club will.need to raise significant funds because of our perilous financial situation.

Also if Marsch stays he doesnt use wingers anyway.

Firpo can go to if possible, not justified his fee like basically all of Orta's Prem signings.

Klich is finished bless him, Ayling to, Forshaw as well, can't be relied upon him, far to injury prone.

People like Costa and Roberts, can't bare a season in the Championship again with them.

Keep Cooper for his experience, keep James because no.sod is paying £25mil for him, keep Bamford for his experience.

I'd like a mass clear out of the ageing overpaid players and the injury prone and the plain knackered.

Obviously have to find buyers which won't be easy for some but have to try.

Use people like Drameh, Bate, Gelhardt, Summerville, Cresswell, Struijk, Kenneh and then add some quality around them.

We need to move away from what is an ageing and exhausted squad towards a younger and hungrier group which is exactly what many of us said should have started to happen last summer.

Target younger,.fresher and hungrier players.

Keep a few old hands for experience but clear out the majority and start fresh.

But first and foremost sack Orta.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

If we are relegated I think players to go should be:
Firpo
Rodrigo
Llorente
Koch
Roberts
Ayling
Klich
Sadly I think we know Raphinia, Phillips and Meslier will be going also.
This leaves a mix of youth and experience to work with.
Klaesson in goal.
Dramah, Cooper, Cresswell, Struijk, Heljde in defence.
Shackleton, Bate, Forshaw, Dallas, Kenneh in midfield.
Somerville, Harrison, James, Poveda on the wings.
Bamford, Gelhardt and Greenwood up front.

Bring through some of the other young talent, ie Gray, McCarron and Hernandez, and bring in a few players where we need strengthening ie a left back that can defend, a proven goalscorer up front, a ball playing midfielder with the money from sales.
Must in my opinion keep Marsch and give him a chance to build his own squad on which he can then fairly be judged.
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

It won’t be easy to offload our deadwood, also why do we want to completely gut the team. There is no way we will come back up within 2 years, let alone right away, if we were to do that.
The best option would be to sell of 3 or 4 players max (Raph, KP, Rodrigo, Llorente, perhaps Klich) and add proven Champ quality players and some high quality imports (which Orta can’t unearth). Therefore Orta needs to be out the door too.
If we are serious about returning back while we still have the FFP under control due to sales and parachute payments then we need to keep hold of the likes of Meslier, Struijk, Koch, James, even Harrison, Bamford, Cooper, Gelhardt, Cresswell, Hjelde, Bate, Summerville, Drameh, Dallas, Forshaw, and Ayling.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Will be a tough season, whatever happens.

Right now, I fancy Norwich & Watford to achieve automatic promotion above LUFC
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

1964white wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:46 pm Will be a tough season, whatever happens.

Right now, I fancy Norwich & Watford to achieve automatic promotion above LUFC
Yeah I expect a mid table to lower table finish, maybe flirt with playoffs but we all know how that route works out.

What ever happens we will be in for a bad start with this daft Australia trip - should be scrapped really now we are going down.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a mess!
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

My feeling is that if Matsch persists with his determination to play narrow we will be toast whatever league we're in.

Complete bollocks, inflexible, tactically naive from a guy getting paid a fortune.

Learn and adapt or go.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:08 pm My feeling is that if Matsch persists with his determination to play narrow we will be toast whatever league we're in.

Complete bollocks, inflexible, tactically naive from a guy getting paid a fortune.

Learn and adapt or go.
Good to see you posting about Leeds United again, Davy 👍
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I'd try and keep them all bar Raphinha. And if Phillips wants to go, so be it.

On one hand you had people complaining that the squad is too small and getting rid of 37 year old Pablo was a mistake, and now people are saying we need to clear out 31 year olds who have proven themselves in the Championship because they are aging deadwood!