Clearout Imminent!!!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
William
First Team
First Team

Re: Clearout Imminent!!!!!

Post by William »

Mountain wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:33 pm I'd try and keep them all bar Raphinha. And if Phillips wants to go, so be it.

On one hand you had people complaining that the squad is too small and getting rid of 37 year old Pablo was a mistake, and now people are saying we need to clear out 31 year olds who have proven themselves in the Championship because they are aging deadwood!
:ok:
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Mountain wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:33 pm I'd try and keep them all bar Raphinha. And if Phillips wants to go, so be it.

On one hand you had people complaining that the squad is too small and getting rid of 37 year old Pablo was a mistake, and now people are saying we need to clear out 31 year olds who have proven themselves in the Championship because they are aging deadwood!
Well said Mountain. This is where I am at too although I wouldn’t be averse to getting rid of a high earner like Rodrigo and replace with Nketiah or Brereton Diaz.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

With a WC around the corner, it is unlikely that any of our internationals, bar Cooper and Dallas, will want to drop down a league so the decision on whether to keep or sell may be out of our hands as we know players have all the power these days. Raph, KP are nailed on to go, imo, probably Koch, LLorente and Rodrigo too (though I'd like Koch to stay). James, I'm not sure about and I'd be surprised if anyone came in for Bamford. I'm enthusiastic about our young players, if it is the championship we find ourselves in, but they will need experience around them. GK, AM and CF a must, and preferably experienced players.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

William wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:57 pm:ok:
Difference being Pablo was class the rest aren't
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Major difference being Pablo was class even at 37.
The rest aren't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:56 am Difference being Pablo was class the rest aren't
As was Ben White, Johnboy.

I doubt we'll have anyone with that immense quality/ability in the championship :duno:

Then's there's Kalvin who we always relied on to pull the strings for us even in the champs.

If we go down next season, it won't be easy as some of our fans may think it will be, god knows what's in store for us demoralised fans.
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

1964white wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:44 am As was Ben White, Johnboy.

I doubt we'll have anyone with that immense quality/ability in the championship :duno:

Then's there's Kalvin who we always relied on to pull the strings for us even in the champs.

If we go down next season, it won't be easy as some of our fans may think it will be, god knows what's in store for us demoralised fans.
Exactly Leon
Will be very tough next season when we go down.
Best we can hope for would be mid table I reckon.
If we can get some of our better youngsters blooded along with a couple of shrewd signings then we maybe able to mount a challenge the year after, but a lot depends on who we have as a manager.
Folks forget that although most of our squad are championship experienced they are a couple of years older, and to be quite frank most of them seem shot and I doubt would last a gruelling 46 game campaign.
CarelessAir
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by CarelessAir »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:56 am Difference being Pablo was class the rest aren't
In all seriousness we should try and get him back, 1 year loan, get John Swift as well as he at least we can get him for peanuts.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:39 am Exactly Leon
Will be very tough next season when we go down.
Best we can hope for would be mid table I reckon.
If we can get some of our better youngsters blooded along with a couple of shrewd signings then we maybe able to mount a challenge the year after, but a lot depends on who we have as a manager.
Folks forget that although most of our squad are championship experienced they are a couple of years older, and to be quite frank most of them seem shot and I doubt would last a gruelling 46 game campaign.
Our fans living on past memories.

Could be a real culture shock in the championship for some, unless there is significant investment & our management is totally focused from the top right down to the tea lady as our greatest manager always insisted.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Radz is gonna get the biggest comeuppance, he won't be able to take going back to the start, and he's sacked the best thing that got him to the top.

There is nobody in world football that's gonna be able to repeat such with what we've got.
It's way too much of a rebuild and he'll scarper with whatever he can.

We're gonna be looking for someone with a load of money and a fantastic coach, sound familiar ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

And i feel all this has been orchestrated by a clown from top to bottom.

History.

1. Radz takes over with good intentions and spots Leeds potential, he's a businessman and there's loads of money in the Prem

2. Radz thinks i need to appoint a big gun and thinks he knows who with the Clown.....HUGE MISTAKE. But he's dumb himself footy wise and thinks he's appointed the best money can buy. ( like i said he's a businessman, but fcking dumb)

3. In comes the clown after talking his way into a lucrative free for all jobby, and sets about talking shyte and goes on a spending spree he knows fcking jack s**t about.

4. We somehow manage to find Bert and talk him into coming here......( You fcking lucky ba***rd Radz, and the clown for that matter coz he saves your souls)

5. The clown hits panic mode and somehow talks Radz that it's not his fault but Berts, and that he's found the perfect solution.

6. You sack Bert.

7. You have now just gone and fcked both yourselves, the club, the fans, and the players. You have cut your stupid heads off, and shot yourselves in both feet and a shotgun straight up your arse and done something that's gonna put you straight back to square 1 because this clown has a silver tongue and got into your tiny brain.

8. RADZ SACK THE FCKING CLOWN ASAP, WE'RE SINKING FFS !!!
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:11 pm And i feel all this has been orchestrated by a clown from top to bottom.

History.

1. Radz takes over with good intentions and spots Leeds potential, he's a businessman and there's loads of money in the Prem

2. Radz thinks i need to appoint a big gun and thinks he knows who with the Clown.....HUGE MISTAKE. But he's dumb himself footy wise and thinks he's appointed the best money can buy. ( like i said he's a businessman, but fcking dumb)

3. In comes the clown after talking his way into a lucrative free for all jobby, and sets about talking shyte and goes on a spending spree he knows fcking jack s**t about.

4. We somehow manage to find Bert and talk him into coming here......( You fcking lucky ba***rd Radz, and the clown for that matter coz he saves your souls)

5. The clown hits panic mode and somehow talks Radz that it's not his fault but Berts, and that he's found the perfect solution.

6. You sack Bert.

7. You have now just gone and fcked both yourselves, the club, the fans, and the players. You have cut your stupid heads off, and shot yourselves in both feet and a shotgun straight up your arse and done something that's gonna put you straight back to square 1 because this clown has a silver tongue and got into your tiny brain.

8. RADZ SACK THE FCKING CLOWN ASAP, WE'RE SINKING FFS !!!
Agree with most of that but Bielsa has to take his share of the blame for the predicament we are in.
By insisting on a small squad and not signing anyone in January because he thought what we had was better than what we could get has left us starring into the abyss.
Radz is a business man as you say so if Bielsa says we don't need any more players then he's quite happy to keep his hand in his pocket.
Totally agree with what you say about Orta he is a total liability and a joke.
Sure he got Raph and Bielsa but as the saying goes, If you give a infinite number of monkeys an infinite amount of time one of them will eventually type out the entire works of Shakespeare.
He needs to be the first one out of the door when we go down.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Said this on numerous other threads on here , it's all very well getting rid .........but you are then reliant on the difficult bit .......Orta finding better replacements......it all falls down when Orta gets involved.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Clacton White wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:06 pm Said this on numerous other threads on here , it's all very well getting rid .........but you are then reliant on the difficult bit .......Orta finding better replacements......it all falls down when Orta gets involved.
It depends if he found Cunha, Gvardiol, Cabral, Lang, Kvaratskhelia and Aaronson, or we were just linked with them. We get linked with better players than what we end up with.