Could be our last night in the PL...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Could be our last night in the PL...

Post by Mountain »

...if results go wrong tomorrow.

So how about some rules for tonight.

1. If you're wondering whether to stay sober or reach for a can or a bottle...reach for the alcohol.

2. Let's all be nice.

So what will we talk about? How about best memory in the PL? For me it's an unusual one, it's Bamford scoring v Sheffield United to win in the 3rd game last season. After a narrow loss to Liverpool and narrow win v Fulham, it was a moment that seemed to say...we can do it at this level.
William
First Team
First Team

Re: Could be our last night in the PL...

Post by William »

Bielsa turning up at the Spurs ground with his plastic supermarket bag was pretty good.

But that pass from Alisoki to Dallas and the sunsequent goal has to be it.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Gotta be 0-3 down to derby before coming back to win 4-3 at ER.
Having a few in Knaresborough now, cheers everyone :beers: :beers:
I’ll be in Leeds early tomorrow, even though it’s sunday there’s a couple of places open early enough, up to canzone for 1ish, 3 points and see what happens elsewhere.
MOT
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:10 pm Gotta be 0-3 down to derby before coming back to win 4-3 at ER.
Having a few in Knaresborough now, cheers everyone :beers: :beers:
I’ll be in Leeds early tomorrow, even though it’s sunday there’s a couple of places open early enough, up to canzone for 1ish, 3 points and see what happens elsewhere.
MOT
How many have you had? Derby in the premier league? :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Dallas goal. Man City 1-2 back end of last season. So much hope for this season....oh well, bye bye Prem because I do think we will be down tomorrow.....
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Assuming we do get relegated - which is looking more likely than not - then I all I can say is that every minute in the top flight has been brilliant and those that brought us here - from the owners though the others running the football side of things, through coaching staff and to the players did a brilliant job in turning us around after so many years outside of it.

But even if we do go down, the so be it. Obviously you want your team to be successful. And yes it's more enjoyable to watch your team play well and win. However, that is a nice to have. We want Leeds at the top of the tree, but we don't need Leeds at the top of the tree. At the end of the day, for fans, losing a football match is only losing a football match.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

So sad to see such a wonderful resurrection wasted through bungling ineptitude and arrogance, by the owners primarily. "Pride comes before a fall" must not be a saying in either Italian or Spanish, but I know a couple of lads there that know it now.

I'd have to go with the away win V City as well. However, in hindsight it was the exact type of win that turned the stupid heads running the club to thinking that we were already Premier League establishment.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

We will still be a PL team for an other week !!!
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:03 pm Assuming we do get relegated - which is looking more likely than not - then I all I can say is that every minute in the top flight has been brilliant and those that brought us here - from the owners though the others running the football side of things, through coaching staff and to the players did a brilliant job in turning us around after so many years outside of it.

But even if we do go down, the so be it. Obviously you want your team to be successful. And yes it's more enjoyable to watch your team play well and win. However, that is a nice to have. We want Leeds at the top of the tree, but we don't need Leeds at the top of the tree. At the end of the day, for fans, losing a football match is only losing a football match.
I think your half right Harry because this season has been about as far from brilliant as you can get. For all the hard work and effort it took from everyone at the club to get us here, to end up like this for whatever reason is a bit too much to take. Those at the club who chose to rest on their laurels have let the fans down. Overall it's been a bad time for Leeds to be in the top flight simply because for all the success and memories we had last year, none of us were there to see it. It ain't over yet but I take consolation that if we do go down, we'll come again. We always do. How long it could take is anyone's guess.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Boo Radley wrote:So sad to see such a wonderful resurrection wasted through bungling ineptitude and arrogance, by the owners primarily. "Pride comes before a fall" must not be a saying in either Italian or Spanish, but I know a couple of lads there that know it now.

I'd have to go with the away win V City as well. However, in hindsight it was the exact type of win that turned the stupid heads running the club to thinking that we were already Premier League establishment.
Quite right. In hindsight finishing 9th wasn't the best thing , would've been better to finish 17th then maybe the board would've pulled their finger out.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Paddy's hat-trick at Villa :clap:
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Almost beating Liverpool bar a couple of dodgy decisions first game and then beating City away with 10 men.
Both gave belief that we truly belonged and were able to compete with anyone.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

velo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:27 am We will still be a PL team for an other week !!!
Tbh I think we'll be a PL team next season, and we'll be 3 points ahead of Burnley this evening.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Mountain wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:48 am Tbh I think we'll be a PL team next season, and we'll be 3 points ahead of Burnley this evening.
I feel the same, strangely. Spurs 1-0, dodgy penalty.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

I'd have to go for the City away win too, I thought I was a kid again after that.