No one is sending us down

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
DDB220
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: No one is sending us down

Post by DDB220 »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:09 pm All the keepers you mentioned are undoubtedly all very good.
I particularly like Martinez at Villa.
You could use the same argument to say if we'd bought any of Watkins,Bowen, Toney instead of Rodrigo and James we'd have scored a lot more goals and have more points and be safe.
Thing that worries me about Mes is how his confidence will be affected now and we don't really have a viable option as a number 2.
Spot on. The same comparison about better players in their respective positions could be applied to everyone in the team. Meslier is punch drunk. I appreciate he has made a lot of saves, that in truth tends to follow when the team has faced the most shots on goal. The key stat will be the ratio of saves to goals. There have been a few occasions where even he will know he could have done better. But no keeper is mistake free. Keepers face far more Split second decision making than any other position on the pitch.
The likelihood is this season will make him an even better keeper. He will be world class on his current trajectory.

If only we had signed Cucurella instead of Firpo. With a transfer difference of 3 million the chasm in quality is absolutely huge.
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

DDB220 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:02 am Spot on. The same comparison about better players in their respective positions could be applied to everyone in the team. Meslier is punch drunk. I appreciate he has made a lot of saves, that in truth tends to follow when the team has faced the most shots on goal. The key stat will be the ratio of saves to goals. There have been a few occasions where even he will know he could have done better. But no keeper is mistake free. Keepers face far more Split second decision making than any other position on the pitch.
The likelihood is this season will make him an even better keeper. He will be world class on his current trajectory.

If only we had signed Cucurella instead of Firpo. With a transfer difference of 3 million the chasm in quality is absolutely huge.
Absolutely.
I'm afraid we will see again this afternoon the quality of Cucurella and lack of with Firpo.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Just watching Burnley and whilst they are losing Pope has done well.

Pickford by all accounts has been almost single handedly saving Everton the last few games.

Just having a better goalkeeper could easily be the difference here.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom