Jesse Marsch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Jesse Marsch post Brighton

Post by Cjay »

Marsch's here - thoughts?

Start with the chance Joffy has which hits Coops in the face is how things feel. Fight for everything and nothing comes easy. Not good enough in the first half in any phase and we went down we came into the match more. Pushed pretty well in the second half and not lucky to come away with more

Bielsa's name - having a go at the board - how did you cope with that?

Did not hear that. Focused on the match. Fans pushed us on.

Flow of the game?

We became compact and stopped them spreading the ball so much. Have to be better on offensive set-pieces. Find ways to be more clinical to have better service to find more goals

Gelhardt genius?

Very special play. Incredible. Joffy has that ability. Grew into the game more and more and more. Massive play.

Get to the last day?

We are alive right now. Fight for every point and any point gets us closer. Burnley and Everton have games in hand. We need some help and be ready for next weekend.

Manage the final week issues? Injuries?

On empty with the roster on injuries and suspensions. A lot of guys played a lot of minutes. Do that and when you are done put your hand up for the next guy. Resolve and mentality to fight for everything.

Klich over Rodrigo for coming off?

Wanted Greenwood in for set-pieces in the six against the ball. Goal comes from Sam in an attacking position. Worked out.

Formation - more width?

Played 4-2-3-1, but allowed Raphinha to play wider. Rotated a little bit differently.

Thoughts through the game

I want the players when they look to me, to show I believe we can do this. When they came for water, I am being positive, telling them it's going to come. Keep pushing. Have to believe in those moments. Aggressive mindset in those moments. That part has been fantastic

Half-time message

Compactness. Eliminating their running into space behind. Try to adjust our pressing to win more balls and get it into the attacking half. Looks at the break were not 100 per cent believing. Looking in their eyes and we can have no doubts. Some adjustments, no doubts and push. Did that really well and emptied their tanks and did so much to what could be a massive moment for us. Give ourselves a chance.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jesse Marsch post Brighton

Post by Cjay »

Gets a lot of stick Marsch but credit to him for sacrificing his beliefs to allow Raphinha to play in a slightly more suited role to benefit the team.

That is the sort of tweak I like to see.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think I heard Jordan Henderson has played 55/56 games this season.... I don't think you can point to tiredness as an excuse Jesse
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Just watched a JM post match interview of YouTube. He alludes to going out to dinner and hearing people shouting “Go Jesse you can do it”
I suspect that was not the nature of the underlying shouting.
Look we all want the same thing and I want him to be successful but I have no time for a Bull Shitter.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:08 pm Gets a lot of stick Marsch but credit to him for sacrificing his beliefs to allow Raphinha to play in a slightly more suited role to benefit the team.

That is the sort of tweak I like to see.
Jesse prefers a 4-2-3-1. This was true at both RB New York and RB Salzburg. However, at both he allowed his outside midfielders the freedom to get wide or tuck in. In New York it was primarily Austrian International Daniel Royer. In Salzburg it was USA international Brenden Aaronson. The idea that he is too narrow is a misconception in my view. It does not match my experience of watching his teams play. I will admit that he has kept things narrow so far in Leeds. But I suspect that is a result of the side leaking goals like a sieve. Probably has felt like he needed to keep things as compact as possible. Having said that....I have felt Raphinha was being played grossly out of position at Right Wingback. Can not figure out WTF Marsch is thinking with that one.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Jesse Marsch pre Brentford

Post by Cjay »

Marsch is here - Injury update
Ayling has scucessful surgery yesterday. Hopeful it's not too long - between two and four months. It's on a knee issue that he needs to sort out.

Roberts first day back in training today. Ready for start of next year.

Bamford has looked really good this week. Not made a decision on Sunday yet. Had a day off today, hopefully can make a decision in next couple of days about Sunday.

Secondly, congratulations to Everton on staying up.

We're excited for this challenge. We know we have to be at our best. I never came here to think it would be easy. Knew we'd have to fight for everything. I'll make sure we'll do this on Sunday.

On relegatation battle
Watched matches last night. Lots of emotions watching it. Can learn a lot from how the other players can handle the pressure differently.

We want to be aggressive. We know we want to win. If we win we give ourselves the best chance.

I've been in these situations before, if it's the last day you need to know a bit of what's going on in the other matches. Will have communication with the team at half-time.

We have to start well, get an early lead. Put pressure on Burnely. Have to focus on ourselves, but also know what's going on.

How do the players cope?
Everyone has a few comments but the mood in the training centre was positive.

Eassier now you know?
Easier if we knew we were locked in. Easier there is one match to focus on. Makes it clear for us. Win gives us the best opportunity.

Your biggest game?
Been asked a few times. In the end, who cares?

We're ready for a huge challenge. We need to be clear on what the game looks like. That's the most important.

Emotions?
I try to represent by how I carry myself with how I want our team to behave and handle moments. On days like today, after losses, as a manager you have to be at your best. Come Sunday I want to be at my best to give us the best chance to win. Lads focused. Desire to do whatever we can. Need that again. Dig deep again to survive and thrive and get through this

Koch?
Trained today and ready from the start. Nobody else with problems.

Bad blood?
I heard about it. Some of our players are connected with that. Eddie Gray here yesterday and he said GP was always difficult to play there. New stadium nice and energy not as powerful. Not as hard to play there. We don't need extra motivation and we have to expect Brentford to be at their best.

49ers and Radrizzani about the future?
We have again not had any comms other than to say they have done behind the scenes planning to make sure we are in good shape whichever direction we go in. Make sure we are secure and able to move forward in a positive direction. Before I came I asked which direction it would go in and they were clear with their plan on what that looks like. Left me alone to focus on just the job at hand

How do you cope?
I slept well last night because I still have confidence in our group. Better when we control our fate, but that's not the case. Better to do whatever we can to get the points. Stresses involved. I'm okay. Not just saying I am excited, I am. You do not work in this business unless you want these situations. Fighting for results is what is required.

Bamford boost
Looked good all week. Rupturing it was the best thing for long-term recovery. Feels better than he did. Prepare him the best way we can for as many minutes as possible

Brentford
They are good against the ball, pressing and good movements with the ball. Eriksen incredible impact. Great story in football. Set-piece situations. Dynamic players. Eriksen good balls. Variance in what they do.

Any experience in your staff of this?
I have been through this a lot. LEarnt to stay focus, but communicate the right info at the right time. Three points most important. What does the game look like, theirs and ours. Everyone in the staff has experiences for sure. Weirdest thing is we had to watch last night not in congruence with the league and wonder what the results are going to be on the final day.

How to take pressure off players?
I try not to be results-based. Certainly tough to manage. Message has been a lot of experiences together in a short time together. Modified a lot along the way. This has to be a representation of everything we have been through in a positive way.

Intentions for the future?
Still planning to be here even in relegation. Long-term project. Club committed to me. The connections we have made meshes well together. Support from everyone has been amazing, but I am not thinking about the long-term project, only about Sunday and preparing for that.

Balance between aggression and over-aggression?
Talked about that after the reds. Never a question mark. Help them be successful as a group. Challenge right now. My behaviour and my belief exude that with everything I say or do. Clarity of the match plan and what we want the game to look like. Bringing Adam, Stuart, Luke, Dan, everyone is there together. Be about being as strong a group as we can possibly be.

Everton last night - pitch invasion - safety and meaning to fans?
Saw it at Nottingham too. Want to see passion, but respect for the game and the players and the teams. Scenes are tough to watch, however I don't need reminders of how important this is. Fanbase has been amazing throughout the process.

Group staying together at stake?
I have not gone through those scenarios for relegation. Very aware the best chance, always changes, to keep the group together is staying uo. Would hate to see some of the guys go. Made a connection with the players here. Big part of my motivation is to continue relationships I have.

Anything different to inspire?
Have to be careful about over-motivating or changing too much. Can add more pressure or gravity. Don't need that. Have to be calm and clear.
Eddie?
At the side of training. Spoke to a few of the players, but mainly to me and Jacko.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Jesse Marsch pre Brentford

Post by 1964white »

Did Ayling damage his knee making that hideous tackle at the Emirates?

So Ayling & Dallas miss the start of our championship campaign.
March712
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by March712 »

1964white wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:46 pm Did Ayling damage his knee making that hideous tackle at the Emirates?

So Ayling & Dallas miss the start of our championship campaign.
Unfortunately it looks as though Roberts will be available!
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

March712 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:54 pm Unfortunately it looks as though Roberts will be available!
Well, he cant get any worse can he?
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
March712
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by March712 »

William wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:18 pm Well, he cant get any worse can he?
Hopefully not...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

March712 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:54 pm Unfortunately it looks as though Roberts will be available!
Whoopie whoopie woo, not exactly a Pablo is he?

Can't wait.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Stay up or go down just get rid of Marsch wrong appointment from day one,
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Bally wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:06 pm Stay up or go down just get rid of Marsch wrong appointment from day one,
I would love to hear your well thought out analysis of why Marsch was the wrong appointment from day one.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bally wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:06 pm Stay up or go down just get rid of Marsch wrong appointment from day one,
Marsch may not be the ideal appointment, but he is not responsible for our current demise.

Anyone who thinks he is, needs to take off their rose-tinted spectacles!
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

If we go down we’re stuck with Roberts for another season.
There Is Only One United.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

billysboots wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:00 am If we go down we’re stuck with Roberts for another season.
would he be worth more than 2 carrots and a lemon?.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:45 am would he be worth more than 2 carrots and a lemon?.
Love your avatar too, Scooby

We're all going daft on here

:moggy: :dog: :tiger: :bear:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:01 am Love your avatar too, Scooby

We're all going daft on here

:moggy: :dog: :tiger: :bear:
Not me!!!

I've always been daft :) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

hector wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:09 am Not me!!!

Thats just your opinion LOL
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:09 am Not me!!!

Of course not.

Zach is a beautiful boy, he's so laid back. :dog: