What do you want to buy...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

What do you want to buy...

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Since Barcelona want to buy Raphinha but only have £2.50

What do you want to buy that you can't afford?
SOUTH STAND
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: What do you want to buy...

Post by SOUTH STAND »

Electric, gas and petrol.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SOUTH STAND wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:52 pm Electric, gas and petrol.

Not sure anyone can afford that at the moment
SOUTH STAND
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by SOUTH STAND »

I’m trying, not the easiest… better than trying to get a season ticket I suppose 😂
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I want Bielsa to stay at my house for the summer. I don’t think I can afford to keep him in sweets though
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I don't really want anything. I'd spend more time staying in different places if I could afford to, but I'd rather have time than money, so I do the minimum necessary to survive.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:59 pm I don't really want anything. I'd spend more time staying in different places if I could afford to, but I'd rather have time than money, so I do the minimum necessary to survive.
I like that answer.....
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

SaraM wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:59 pm I don't really want anything. I'd spend more time staying in different places if I could afford to, but I'd rather have time than money, so I do the minimum necessary to survive.
Absolutely.

Don’t need more stuff, only more experiences.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

A e-bike and the new DJI mini 3 would be nice.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

I’m pretty much of that ilk as well Sara.

I can’t think of anything I actually want, other than to perhaps see a bit more of the world - I’ve always fancied a trip to South America down the Andes, Peru-Chile sort of trip.

When b/day’s and Xmas come around and I’m asked what do you want I can never think of anything. Not one for flash cars or expensive wardrobe etc….that advert on TV with Euan McGregor (can’t think who it’s for, maybe Expedia :duno: ) is very true, it’s not the ‘stuff’ you accumulate that you remember and makes you happy, it’s the experiences, places seen.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Definitely experiences over stuff. I'm fortunate to live in a nice place, with lovely countryside and good community, so I don't really need to go anywhere much. I love being by the sea though, so that's my indulgence; regular trips to the coast.

South America would be interesting, I'd like to explore Greece more, or maybe go to India, but I'm content at home too... until I need to see the waves.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I have just bought a new bookcase though, which I'm really pleased with. The books were starting to pile up again, so now they have a home.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:42 am Definitely experiences over stuff. I'm fortunate to live in a nice place, with lovely countryside and good community, so I don't really need to go anywhere much. I love being by the sea though, so that's my indulgence; regular trips to the coast.
We are in a similar situation, Sara. Living rurally in one of the smallest villages in this neck of the woods with a great community feel is more than we could have wished for. We get the sea experience at least once a week. Our three holidays a year are all by the beautiful blue sea with stunning views, looking forward to a paddle in a few weeks time, an joyful experience you could say!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:13 am We are in a similar situation, Sara. Living rurally in one of the smallest villages in this neck of the woods with a great community feel is more than we could have wished for. We get the sea experience at least once a week. Our three holidays a year are all by the beautiful blue sea with stunning views, looking forward to a paddle in a few weeks time, an joyful experience you could say!
Living rurally, like I grew up, has always been the priority in all other decision making. I've never understood why anyone would live somewhere they don't want to be, just to earn more money. And yes, my heart always fills with joy when I see the sea.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:48 am When b/day’s and Xmas come around and I’m asked what do you want I can never think of anything. Not one for flash cars or expensive wardrobe etc….that advert on TV with Euan McGregor (can’t think who it’s for, maybe Expedia :duno: ) is very true, it’s not the ‘stuff’ you accumulate that you remember and makes you happy, it’s the experiences, places seen.
We have far too many clothes, we do enjoy the trendy life, though. People of our age don't dress as our grandparents used to do many moons ago. Not into spending a lot on cars full stop, their value depreciates swiftly as soon as you drive them off the forecourt, generally we purchase our cars off someone we know. I can't understand some of my friends who drive a flash car but live in a grotty house/area, we'd rather spend our money on our cottage bungalow & garden. Everybody has their own priorities, I suppose!

I'm easy to buy for when it comes to Xmas & birthday presents Cat, I received £150 worth of Amazon vouchers for my birthday a couple of weeks ago :-D I've just about used up the vouchers I received last Christmas.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

One thing you can’t buy is time. Or make it. I’d spend every penny I have for some more of it with my best mate.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:18 am Living rurally, like I grew up, has always been the priority in all other decision making. I've never understood why anyone would live somewhere they don't want to be, just to earn more money. And yes, my heart always fills with joy when I see the sea.
I was brought up in the backstreets of Leeds, so buying a house in the middle of nowhere about forty years ago was a dream come true. Lived rurally & not too far from the sea since in the South-East & now here in glorious Yorkshire.

I could never live in a city again, not even a small town. I enjoy tranquillity & breathing the country air :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:46 am I have just bought a new bookcase though, which I'm really pleased with. The books were starting to pile up again, so now they have a home.
Aye, I spent a fortune on developing a music room not so long ago, needed to as things were becoming out of hand. Well worth the expense, Jill approved, too. :-D
hector

Post by hector »

I live in the middle of a 2000 acre wood. With 1 neighbour (miserable old twat that he is) 20 miles from the sea... :) :)
work mornings only
I never spend more than £500 on a car
and have yesterday for the 1st time ever bought a brand new mobile on contract.... :shock: :shock:
I need a powerful one for work, and my old galaxy S6 makes each job at least 30 - 60 mins longer..

I have a vast wealth of travel and experiences... So I am happy, and don't want to buy anything.....

Smug barsteward ain't I?? :) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:31 am One thing you can’t buy is time. Or make it. I’d spend every penny I have for some more of it with my best mate.
Indeed Jay....