If not Nketiah, who?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

If not Nketiah, who?

Post by YorkshireSquare »

It looks like Eddie Nketiah is set to sign five-year contract with Arsenal with £100,000 a week wages. Only a few days back it was rumoured Orta may seek to bring him back to Elland Road.

Would Nketiah have filled the role required? And if Nketiah is not available who woould you go for to partner Bamford up front?
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: If not Nketiah, who?

Post by Jimang »

Yorkshire Post mentions Ivanusec as a possible buy, does anyone have any info on him?
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

Also talking about Galan and Dest as targets at full back. What are members thoughts on these two?
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Galan is a yes, we need to have competition and depth at LB. He's been injury free, and entering his prime. Should push Firpo to backup pretty quick.
Dest depends on the Raphinha deal. If he's going to be part of a swap package, then no. I'd rather get in Ramsey and ride with him and Drameh (Ayling may be out for a while and perhaps even done).
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:15 pm It looks like Eddie Nketiah is set to sign five-year contract with Arsenal with £100,000 a week wages. Only a few days back it was rumoured Orta may seek to bring him back to Elland Road.

Would Nketiah have filled the role required? And if Nketiah is not available who woould you go for to partner Bamford up front?
That much ???? Do Arsenal see him as the starter next year, or are they paying him that much to come off the bench? I know Lacazette and Aubameyang didnt work out for them. But I doubt they're seeing Nketiah as their starting #9 next year.

As for who? I see Bamford and Gelhardt as our Number 9's. I'd be looking for a quality Number 10.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gelhardt up front next season, Paddy off the bench imo ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

The reported interest in a Prem striker might be a clue that Paddy's injury issues could be re-occuring and he won't be fit to do a whole campaign. Joffy should be a nailed on starter, but I wouldn't be averse to an established striker joining. As to who, not a clue, though I still think we should test Burnley over Cornet
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Javi Galan is a yes but the most Orta thing ever that we would have to pay double what we could have signed him for last season.

Valentin Castellanos would be a risky but cheap option which is clearly why we went for Nketiah.

Patson Daka would be the best tactical fit but expensive.

Che Adams because Orta has a hard on for ex targets.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

faaip wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:58 pm Gelhardt up front next season, Paddy off the bench imo ...
Yep.

Due to them both being injury prone though we need a third option.

Jordan Ayew is in final year of contract, would be a great addition.
Also Eduard at Palace is a hell of a player too who hasnt had much game time at Palace.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

William wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:52 pm Yep.

Due to them both being injury prone though we need a third option.

Jordan Ayew is in final year of contract, would be a great addition.
Also Eduard at Palace is a hell of a player too who hasnt had much game time at Palace.
Do you sign over Gelhardt rendering him a bench player for a year if the new striker stays fit? Ditto Bamford letting him play out a season in the 23's while making the odd appearance off the bench. Or do we buy a back up? Do we buy young in which case won't Dean do?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:03 pm Do you sign over Gelhardt rendering him a bench player for a year if the new striker stays fit? Ditto Bamford letting him play out a season in the 23's while making the odd appearance off the bench. Or do we buy a back up? Do we buy young in which case won't Dean do?
Unfortunately we still have Roberts, the goal a season hero of yours
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Marsch plays 2 strikers.

He will want to use his style more next season.

We will need atleast 3 senior striker options and could even argue a 4th given Bamford's injury record.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Pulisic, Chelsea ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

faaip wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:03 pm Do you sign over Gelhardt rendering him a bench player for a year if the new striker stays fit? Ditto Bamford letting him play out a season in the 23's while making the odd appearance off the bench. Or do we buy a back up? Do we buy young in which case won't Dean do?
That is the question isnt it?

It may be more expensive but older back up is the safer route, we have to learn something from this season.

Dean is coming on as is the Spanish lad we brought in. Then there is the Irish lad we we paid a lot for a while back.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

velo wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:05 pm Unfortunately we still have Roberts, the goal a season hero of yours
I firmly believe that roberts will be retained, he really must be a hell of a fantastic player in training, he does absolutely nothing in a proper game, the big worry was that JM actually picked him for his first game, meaning he hadn't actually seen any of our games prior to coming in, no homework , just plain and simply carried on after MB , same as with DJ as striker, then he had roberts on the bench at brentford, worrying times.
I'm hoping the pre season will shine a little more light on it for JM and his team, but, for most, it's a major concern how TR even gets on t'bench.
Just hope and pray that the new regime don't get hoodwinked into forshaw and bamford being the new midfielder and striker we've been waiting for, oh, and the little matter of "nobody out there better than we already have "
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

mentalcase wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:22 pm I firmly believe that roberts will be retained, he really must be a hell of a fantastic player in training, he does absolutely nothing in a proper game, the big worry was that JM actually picked him for his first game, meaning he hadn't actually seen any of our games prior to coming in, no homework , just plain and simply carried on after MB , same as with DJ as striker, then he had roberts on the bench at brentford, worrying times.
I'm hoping the pre season will shine a little more light on it for JM and his team, but, for most, it's a major concern how TR even gets on t'bench.
Just hope and pray that the new regime don't get hoodwinked into forshaw and bamford being the new midfielder and striker we've been waiting for, oh, and the little matter of "nobody out there better than we already have "
Totally agree mate, Roberts must have hidden talents, that he keeps to himself on match day.....two words sums up him in my opinion...fooking useless...but I'm no expert.
We need at least 5 maybe 6 players coming in, a no9 is essential or we will just be looking at 0:0 draws
We also need a keeper, Mes has been fantastic, but we have no back up
2 or 3 Midfielders to cover for injuries
a Right and left back to replace Ayling and Firpo
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

velo wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:34 pm Totally agree mate, Roberts must have hidden talents, that he keeps to himself on match day.....two words sums up him in my opinion...fooking useless...but I'm no expert.
We need at least 5 maybe 6 players coming in, a no9 is essential or we will just be looking at 0:0 draws
We also need a keeper, Mes has been fantastic, but we have no back up
2 or 3 Midfielders to cover for injuries
a Right and left back to replace Ayling and Firpo
In an ideal world yes, but we simply don't have the cash to spend on too many too soon, we will bring the youth into it more, hope some of them can step up, he likes JG & SG so thats a start, also Cresswell, Hjielde and Struijk need more time, the jury is out on firpo, but, from what we've witnessed thus far, he's another on the shite list, maybe a pre season and a second season may do him good, I'm no expert either, but think I know when someone is half-decent, or simply garbage.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

velo wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:05 pm Unfortunately we still have Roberts, the goal a season hero of yours
Unfortunate for you, not for me.. also Roberts not a striker,
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

William wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:15 pm That is the question isnt it?

It may be more expensive but older back up is the safer route, we have to learn something from this season.

Dean is coming on as is the Spanish lad we brought in. Then there is the Irish lad we we paid a lot for a while back.
I do rate Mateo Fernandez highly, does remind me of a certain Portugese #7... It's a balancing act, I'd like to see Joffy start most games as the lone striker with Aaronson the 10, adding a really good centre mid. I personally don't think Marsch's penis formation works in the prem, it's way too restrictive and you'd basically need a complete rebuild to make it work. IMO.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun May 29, 2022 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Yes we require another striker, we can't go down the same road as last season.

We need a proper squad to compete in this league.