I think they had a lot of arguments. Certianly he will have called her things, smashed up furniture etc. Whether he hit her I couldn't say, but from snippets of audio from them arguing I would certainly lean towards saying he hadn't, just things like how he reacted during the arguments (when they were alone) and him wanting to get out of the room etc. Her not letting him and taunting him certainly doesn't make me think she was afraid of him or that she thought he would hit her. Her buying him a large knife as a present. Her calling him Johhny when she was in the court - I'm sorry but if somebody has been hitting you you wouldn't be calling him by his first name, you would be saying he or him not giving him a friendly name - he also refererred to her as Miss Heard.
From the arguments they had though I wouldn't rule out him having slapped her or something, more in a self defence, or initial retaliation, sort of way when she was hitting him and screaming at him. But if that had happened I think it would have been a one off where he snapped under intense provocation rather than doing it in an abuse way.
It is noticeable that not one of his exes, including one very bitter one, said he had hit them. Nobody else, male or female, employee etc has come forward to say he has hit them. Even Heard's lawyers didn't seem convince with part of their closing argument basically saying you don't need to believe everything Heard had said just to believe one story of abuse. It just seemed that she just invented more and more to try to be believed and in doing so just caught herself in the tangled web of lies she had woven.



