Weight/fitness.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Weight/fitness.

Post by 1964white »

With our forthcoming holiday on the horizon when eating out goes to another scale during the day & evenings. Jill & I have been conscious of keeping our weight down in readiness for the food fest.

When we returned from Southwold in March my weight had shot up to 11st 9lbs, got it down to 11st 4lbs by the end of April. Over the last four weeks we decided to cut out our daily latte & choccy biscuit, plenty of exercise, gardening, walking, bowls, etc, step on the scales this morning & boom I'm down to 11st :-D the lowest weight I've carried in many years!
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14646
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by hector »

No real people are only 11st....

What sort of weight is that???

my slipper is heavier than that.....

And I bet most of it is your mop top!!!!

:mrgreen:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by Mountain »

hector wrote: ↑Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:16 am No real people are only 11st....
Ahem...I'm 9 stone 13 right now.

Though that is on the low side. Usually hovers slightly over 10.

I wish they made more 31 inch waist jeans.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:16 am No real people are only 11st....

What sort of weight is that???

my slipper is heavier than that.....

And I bet most of it is your mop top!!!!

:mrgreen:
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: ↑Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:20 am Ahem...I'm 9 stone 13 right now.

Though that is on the low side. Usually hovers slightly over 10.

I wish they made more 31 inch waist jeans.
I was a 32" waist when I first met Jill in 1995, now I have a 35" waist, so 34" jeans/shorts are a tad tight & 36" just a little slack. My belly is where my excess weight is, so my fear is I'm losing weight in the parts of my body I don't need to lose it :(

10st is a cracking weight, Mountain, I could keep with our neighbour Louise who has just taken up running & suggested I should do the same, told her I'd be knackered after a swift 100 yards sprint. Carrying 10st, I'd be able to run like a rabbit :-D
User avatar
billysboots
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1491
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
Location: N.Ireland

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by billysboots »

I’m 12 stone at a height of 5ft 9”.
My better half thinks I’m too thin. 🤷‍♂️
There Is Only One United.
User avatar
billysboots
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1491
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
Location: N.Ireland

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by billysboots »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:58 am I was a 32" waist when I first met Jill in 1995, now I have a 35" waist, so 34" jeans/shorts are a tad tight & 36" just a little slack. My belly is where my excess weight is, so my fear is I'm losing weight in the parts of my body I don't need to lose it :(

10st is a cracking weight, Mountain, I could keep with our neighbour Louise who has just taken up running & suggested I should do the same, told her I'd be knackered after a swift 100 yards sprint. Carrying 10st, I'd be able to run like a rabbit :-D
I like to run but walking is very good for you and easy fit into your lifestyle.
There Is Only One United.
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by Mountain »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:58 am I was a 32" waist when I first met Jill in 1995, now I have a 35" waist, so 34" jeans/shorts are a tad tight & 36" just a little slack.
I used to be 32". Took up running 10 years ago. Found I like it, especially fell/trail running. I was never that heavy, maybe nearer 11 stone, and I don't calorie count. I do avoid desserts, cake etc. which is the main sacrifice, but as I was never into them it's a small sacrifice. But my appetite for, say, full fries, burgers and chips etc just reduced a lot over time. We'd have rice or pasta dishes a lot, we both like them.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by 1964white »

billysboots wrote: ↑Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:04 am I like to run but walking is very good for you and easy fit into your lifestyle.
I think running long distances is beyond me nowadays, Billy, I'll stick to walking :tup:
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14646
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by hector »

10st was my weight my whole army career, and used to run marathons around the 2.30 hrs mark for fun....

Now it takes 2.30 hrs to reach down and tie my laces.....
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: ↑Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:06 am I used to be 32". Took up running 10 years ago. Found I like it, especially fell/trail running. I was never that heavy, maybe nearer 11 stone, and I don't calorie count. I do avoid desserts, cake etc. which is the main sacrifice, but as I was never into them it's a small sacrifice. But my appetite for, say, full fries, burgers and chips etc just reduced a lot over time. We'd have rice or pasta dishes a lot, we both like them.
I have a sweet tooth, so I love desserts, we tend to have fruit & ice cream after our main meal, cut the wicked puddings down to once a week. We also eat rice/pasta plus fish & chicken dishes generally, lots of salads, vegetables & fruits. I do love potatoes though, baked, roast, crispy mash, boiled (new), etc.

Desserts, cakes, pasties, ice creams will ruin me next week :lol:
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by Mountain »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:20 am I do love potatoes though, baked, roast, crispy mash, boiled (new), etc.
Oh we have a lot of potatoes...just not chipped and deep fried! Potatoes are great. As is bread. I go through lots of bread, I think a sandwich is easily my most common meal. I could have sandwiches for lunch and dinner.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by 1964white »

These are super delicious from Tesco, were three for a £1, think they've increased in price to £1.20 now.

We have one of these lollies every day & I'm still losing weight. :)

Screenshot 2022-06-20 12.28.25.png
Screenshot 2022-06-20 12.28.25.png (303 KiB) Viewed 1868 times
VinnysTattoo
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:55 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by VinnysTattoo »

If white wine and toast were the diet equivalent of cabbage soup and lettuce I'd be a light weight.

They aren't and I'm not.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2055
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Eat drink and be merry.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:17 am 10st was my weight my whole army career, and used to run marathons around the 2.30 hrs mark for fun....

Now it takes 2.30 hrs to reach down and tie my laces.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2911
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

80kg and 32 waist gets more difficult to maintain though.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by Kennyb41 »

I feel fkin knackered reading this thread.

Get a life, i'm here for a good time, nt a longun.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
VinnysTattoo
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:55 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Lost two stone in two weeks after a couple of major operations recently but it's back on now.

Started walking football once a week and I am trying to generally up my exercise. Helps mitigate my love for food and drink!
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by Byebyegeegee »

10st 1lb, 30in waste, 5ft 8in tall (short). I find that a mixture of gardening, walking, tennis, golf and being vegetarian (but mostly gardening) are enough to keep excess weight at bay. I find that I’m able to enjoy a biscuit or two, an ice cream or two and a pint or two fairly regularly without too much thought about it, which is definitely a bonus.

Everyone has a different metabolism and constitution and I think I’m one of the fortunate ones who doesn’t have to worry too much about putting on excess weight although even if I say it myself I do eat healthily and reasonably sparingly (unlike a lot of our friends) which helps.
Post Reply